PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009, 08:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

oldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon Wireless Touch Pro2 Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSK0703 View Post
Got my TP2 today after what seemed like a long wait over the weekend. So far, so good. No plans to make any immediate changes. This is my first WinMo phone so I'm going to give it some time for things to sink in. Setup my Windows Live email account and Facebook account so far and that went great. Realizing that 64Mb SD card from my 2yr old Voyager just doesn't look appealing anymore so now I'm shopping for an 8 or 16Gb.

Also trying to figure out how to handle my work email. We have OWA setup so I can just use the browser. I don't have a license to setup push from the Exchange server. Maybe I can find a desktop client that can forward email to my phone?

Used to play the Verizon Chess game on my Voyager. Now looking for something that looks and plays better on the TP2.

Also need to get some favorite websites bookmarked.

So much to sort out! lol
I'm not sure what you mean by license, exchange does activesync for free last I checked. You do have to have the plan that does activesync though, the $29.99 data plan doesn't cover MS push (assuming you are Verizon). Then it's just as simple as plugging in your exchange info and you're done.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

JSK0703 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpueblo View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by license, exchange does activesync for free last I checked. You do have to have the plan that does activesync though, the $29.99 data plan doesn't cover MS push (assuming you are Verizon). Then it's just as simple as plugging in your exchange info and you're done.
Thanks! Yes, that is what I mean about the activesync. I only have the $29.99 data plan. I'm used to Blackberry enterprise where we have to buy licenses so I had that stuck in my head for some reason.

Not sure I want to pay the extra $15 per month for the upgraded email/data plan. If my employer wants me to be that connected then they should pay for it.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker

oldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSK0703 View Post
Thanks! Yes, that is what I mean about the activesync. I only have the $29.99 data plan. I'm used to Blackberry enterprise where we have to buy licenses so I had that stuck in my head for some reason.

Not sure I want to pay the extra $15 per month for the upgraded email/data plan. If my employer wants me to be that connected then they should pay for it.
Yep, my employer does. It does work very well, I rely heavily on the exchange capabilities of WinMo, and the Touch Pro has never let me down for that. I look forward to doing it on the TP2 now.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I use exchange email with my works owa and I don't pay an extra $15 on top of the $30 dollar unlimitted data plan ....not sure what you guys are talking about...
Old 09-22-2009, 06:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

combatstang is just getting started

im just happy that verizon stepped up with the tp2 and gave it real ram.. i was sick of looking at everyone being able to run a higher page pool and use the dialer..

with my tp i had a 8mb pagepool and disabled the dialer and barely had any mem left.

im just glad they fixed that problem.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: RHOD500
Carrier: VZW

vzwdts is keeping up the good workvzwdts is keeping up the good work

Quote:
What are you talking about? The $29.99 data plan is unrestricted. The only thing the $44.99 plan provisions is Wireless Sync.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzwdts View Post
What are you talking about? The $29.99 data plan is unrestricted. The only thing the $44.99 plan provisions is Wireless Sync.
You can't access an exchange server with the 29.99 service aka activesync (at least you aren't supposed to).
Old 09-23-2009, 01:51 PM
N00b

ravic is a n00b

I think the only thing that the $45 plan gives you is the verizon's way of push email. Exchanges sync has always been unrestricted on the $30 plan. I use it without any issues with our exchange server.
Verizon has no involvement in an exchange sync scenario. It will look like any other https traffic.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:53 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
You can't access an exchange server with the 29.99 service aka activesync (at least you aren't supposed to).
why cant you? thats like saying you cant browse the web on the phone with the 29.99 data add on
Old 09-25-2009, 02:50 PM
Almost a VIP

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I only go with the more expensive plan because it includes unlimited messaging also. Frankly, I find Verizon's website & pricing options to be totally confusing. I don't know how the average consumer can figure out what the hell they need to get.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2