PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 12:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 is my first wm phone
Carrier: VERIZON

lw00d is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlw00d is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlw00d is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon Wireless Touch Pro2 Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lw00d View Post
is it possible to set the text message alert to a custom tone?. like the ringtones.. i try but the tones dont show up on the list.. . i set custom ringtone for all my contacts. i want to customize the message tone.

So i need a App to do this?? does anyone know the name of the app?
Old 09-14-2009, 12:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

magoo66 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lw00d View Post
So i need a App to do this?? does anyone know the name of the app? ...... is it possible to set the text message alert to a custom tone?. like the ringtones.. i try but the tones dont show up on the list.. . i set custom ringtone for all my contacts. i want to customize the message tone.
No, you do not need a special app. For whatever reason, when you are trying to select a notification sound for text messages, WinMo does not look in the same folders as it does for all the other notifications.

Just place whatever audio file (mp3, wav, whatever) you want to use as your text ringtone into the \Windows root folder. Put the file there, then go back into Sounds & Notifications and go to text message alert and you should see your tone in the drop down list.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

lw00d is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlw00d is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlw00d is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo66 View Post
No, you do not need a special app. For whatever reason, when you are trying to select a notification sound for text messages, WinMo does not look in the same folders as it does for all the other notifications.

Just place whatever audio file (mp3, wav, whatever) you want to use as your text ringtone into the \Windows root folder. Put the file there, then go back into Sounds & Notifications and go to text message alert and you should see your tone in the drop down list.
\

can you show me the root folder? and to do so i use total command right?

ok . i found the root folder.. in total command.. now how do i add the MP3 to the folder??

Last edited by lw00d; 09-14-2009 at 12:47 AM.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC Touch Pro 2

Zap! is becoming a great contributor

Just put a .wav or .mp3 files in /Application Data/Sounds.
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/3924/signaturekny.png
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:57 AM
EricGlock

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Unhappy Re: Verizon Wireless Touch Pro2 Discussion Thread

Called to make sure my order shipped out today and to get my tracking number. FINALLY got it! I didn't get a confirmation e-mail yet. I had call to get the tracking number. On Saturday though, once I knew I wasn't going to get it (since there was no tracking number, hadn't left the warehouse, and wasn't approved until 7PM despite ordering at 10AM), I asked to change the ship to address to my place of work since I wouldn't be home to sign for the package. So guess where the ship to address is, despite being told I could change it??? That's right, my house. So it says it will be delivered Tue. by 3, but if I'm not there to sign, I don't know what to do in order to get my phone now? I'll leave a note for them, but who knows if that will work. Damn it, talk about a mess. At least they are sending the Touch Pro 2 (or so they say). I can't IMAGINE the fit I would have thrown if on Saturday I opened up the box to find the WRONG phone. Someone would have died. For real.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: xv6700 -> xv6800 -> xv6850(TP) -> TOUCH PRO 2!

ZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGlock View Post
Called to make sure my order shipped out today and to get my tracking number. FINALLY got it! I didn't get a confirmation e-mail yet. I had call to get the tracking number. On Saturday though, once I knew I wasn't going to get it (since there was no tracking number, hadn't left the warehouse, and wasn't approved until 7PM despite ordering at 10AM), I asked to change the ship to address to my place of work since I wouldn't be home to sign for the package. So guess where the ship to address is, despite being told I could change it??? That's right, my house. So it says it will be delivered Tue. by 3, but if I'm not there to sign, I don't know what to do in order to get my phone now? I'll leave a note for them, but who knows if that will work. Damn it, talk about a mess. At least they are sending the Touch Pro 2 (or so they say). I can't IMAGINE the fit I would have thrown if on Saturday I opened up the box to find the WRONG phone. Someone would have died. For real.
Your post kind of scares me... I was told it would be here today on monday but I never asked for a tracking number or confirmation. If I don't get it by noon I'm probably going to call and verify like you did.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

shong6 is a n00b

Yeah I hear all of ya.
I just received a tracking number and checked that on FedEX website.
It says its coming from Ontario, CA. I was like California that's cool, (i am in CA as well).
But then I looked again and wait a minute, its CANADA, holy crap.
Do you guys think there's any chance it will make it by today?, (it is overnight shipping)
Old 09-14-2009, 12:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: xv6700 -> xv6800 -> xv6850(TP) -> TOUCH PRO 2!

ZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shong6 View Post
Yeah I hear all of ya.
I just received a tracking number and checked that on FedEX website.
It says its coming from Ontario, CA. I was like California that's cool, (i am in CA as well).
But then I looked again and wait a minute, its CANADA, holy crap.
Do you guys think there's any chance it will make it by today?, (it is overnight shipping)
Something's not right. I don't believe Verizon has any sort of stake in Canada. I was up there this past weekend and immediately when I crossed the border I went into Extended Network/Roaming. I doubt they have a warehouse up there. Maybe for northern customers but not for people such as yourself living in California. I would call and verify.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap! View Post
Just put a .wav or .mp3 files in /Application Data/Sounds.
do i need to use the PC to put the mp3 in the folder??
or can i use total command?
Old 09-14-2009, 01:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

shong6 is a n00b

Ninja,
That's what I saw on the Fedex, I will wait a bit and see.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2