View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 03:51 PM
racedog
PPCGeeks Regular

racedog is keeping up the good workracedog is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon Wireless Touch Pro2 Discussion Thread

I have to agree with you 8notime. I've only been with VZW for about three weeks now. I had been with Sprint for a number of years until they really screwed me around so I left them and moved on elsewhere. The new service didn't work out for us so I joined Verizon. Looking on their website I couldn't figure out at all what plan I needed to get, what data plan or how much anything would cost. It was a mess.

I finally called and got some straight answers but what I ended up buying had no relationship to what I was seeing on their website.

My former business partner and his wife were also in the market lately for cell service and I asked them whether they checked out Verizon. His wife said that they had but their plans were just way too expensive and then went with TMO (and really marginal service out here where we live). I told them my story and what I was actually paying and it wasn't but a few dollars more than what they are paying for TMO. But, because of their lousy website and and confusing price listings they lost their business.

Out here in the boonies where we live cell service is spotty even for the services that are here. AT&T does not offer service here, TMO is marginal with only 1xrtt data, Sprint is decent near major highways and interstates but you're on roaming once you get a couple of miles off those types of highways and then you do have voice but no data. VZW has very decent service and data almost everywhere I go even into the rural hinterlands. That's why I took the time to call them to see if I was reading their website wrong. Fact is, I don't think there's a way to read it "right" since their plans and pricing pages are such a convoluted mess.

R
This post has been thanked 1 times.