PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2009, 05:04 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Talking Re: sprint July 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.8820 View Post
some of these guys act like they've got money riding on the release date lol!
What are you talking about!?!? I DO have money riding on this! And my house 2 dogs a kitten pet chipmonk chippy(love that damn chipmonk) half a bag of bbq chips and a pair of used nikes! If this doesn't pan out just right I don't know what I'll do! *shakes hand like rolling dice* come on July 25th!!! (joking seriously I only bet the kitten not everything else lol ok no kitten either you got me)

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 07-16-2009, 05:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

ckeegan is keeping up the good workckeegan is keeping up the good work
Re: sprint July 25

Although, I would love to believe all these release dates flying around, I won't until I see screenshots from Sprint (other than joke ones).

However, here's some info to get everyone excited even more than they already are.

MobileSyrup is reporting (via video hands-on of the Telus version), that the CDMA/GSM version of the Touch Pro2 actually features a 3.5mm (although they misquote in the video, by saying 2.5mm) headphone jack. I think that's awesome (and somewhat amazing) news.

Link: http://mobilesyrup.com/2009/07/16/vi...tc-touch-pro2/

Last edited by ckeegan; 07-16-2009 at 05:25 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

CuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to CuzinBucksBx

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweak812 View Post
The release date is September 7th, no b.s. My dad has the cell phone number of the head honcho of HTC in the U.S. He was talking to him today about getting some comped TP 2's to replace two bricks they sent us. He said he would like to but would be unwilling to do so as they have not been released yet. But expect them on a release date sometime between Sept. 6-8. He said those dates like 6 times. So my guess is it would be then.

Sorry to put yet another date out there, but this one has some serious clout behind it so i thought i would throw it out there.
I also have the President Ombama in speed dial...
Old 07-16-2009, 05:11 PM
Hercules Valvalotus

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Thumbs down Re: sprint July 25

Quote:
The release date is September 7th, no b.s. My dad has the cell phone number of the head honcho of HTC in the U.S. He was talking to him today about getting some comped TP 2's to replace two bricks they sent us. He said he would like to but would be unwilling to do so as they have not been released yet. But expect them on a release date sometime between Sept. 6-8. He said those dates like 6 times. So my guess is it would be then.

Sorry to put yet another date out there, but this one has some serious clout behind it so i thought i would throw it out there.
And I'm He-Man Master of the Universe no seriously I'm He-Man come on guy this is the InterWeb you know the rule "pics or it didn't happen" not saying your lying or I don't believe you its just everybody coming out the wood works with they know somebody that knows somebody that knows something about it ya know so PIC OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!! * now back to your Regularly Scheduled Program * Viva la release date July 25th! (Dude not flaming you but its gonna be more ppl who gonna say what you said as tall tales)
Old 07-16-2009, 05:13 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
...but that can be fabricated though...and its a bit skeptical considering the touch pros were recalled in september/october?
That much can be verified because luckily an insider kept us up to date during the flashing process...
but even beyond that I'm not calling you out or anything just its a bit weird...very weird
I know, but it is true. I don't like being called a liar as some have done in this thread. At first I started second guessing my post but after research and my conversation with Sprint I feel better knowing that i wasn't crazy.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

tweak812 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHotshot View Post
And I'm He-Man Master of the Universe no seriously I'm He-Man come on guy this is the InterWeb you know the rule "pics or it didn't happen" not saying your lying or I don't believe you its just everybody coming out the wood works with they know somebody that knows somebody that knows something about it ya know so PIC OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!! * now back to your Regularly Scheduled Program * Viva la release date July 25th! (Dude not flaming you but its gonna be more ppl who gonna say what you said as tall tales)

Hey it is cool, I understand the way forums work. And I also understnad that everybody knows somebody on the inside. I didn't believe my dad when he told me either, but we were beta testers for some winmo software for my company, presenting a marketing oppurtunity of over 100,000 units for HTC, so they wanted to make sure we were happy. I understand that that probably does sound like tall tales but I am just relaying information. BUT i also think anybody who knows anything about advertising and releasing products would agree that July 25 or even August 10th is absolutely ridiculous. How in the heck are they going to build up any advertising momentum in less then a week? Or even less then a month? Not gonna happen.

edit: Also I wish i had voice recordings of the conversation but that isn't going to happen either. IF only I could get that cell phone number from dad then we could all call the guy at HTC and ask him.

Last edited by tweak812; 07-16-2009 at 05:25 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

xxkennynycxx is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranchosteve View Post
Dear Steve , Thank you for contacting Sprint about the release date of the HTC Touch Pro 2 Phone. I am happy to assist you. Currently, there is no update of the launch of the HTC Touch Pro 2 Phone. Therefore, we cannot provide you with the an exact date of the launch of this phone. Once it is launched, you will see promotional campaigns related to the launch date and the features of the handset on our Web site and other promotional media. We value your business and appreciate the opportunity to serve you. Please reply to this email or visit Sprint.com/mysprint if we can be of further assistance. Sincerely,Gloria G.Sprint

This is a copy and paste they do, I received the exact same thing to the teeth when I e-maled them last week.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzz View Post
I know, but it is true. I don't like being called a liar as some have done in this thread. At first I started second guessing my post but after research and my conversation with Sprint I feel better knowing that i wasn't crazy.

Your logs are fake and yes you are a liar it is simple.I know this cause i was in contact with the head of retentions when the diamond came 0ut i had trouble with it and they said it was fine for me to exchange it out for the pro when it was avil.The sup of Retentions looked all the info up for me and it was even delayed.

There was no touch pro on the sprint network till best buy got them and you can BS hollar cry do whatever but it will not change the fact you are fibbing.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

Everyone talks about advertising and such but the touch pro got Zero advertising! Its not the palm pre so u wont hear nutin about it till it gets released.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:40 PM
Hercules Valvalotus

Thumbs up Re: sprint July 25

Quote:
Hey it is cool, I understand the way forums work. And I also understnad that everybody knows somebody on the inside. I didn't believe my dad when he told me either, but we were beta testers for some winmo software for my company, presenting a marketing oppurtunity of over 100,000 units for HTC, so they wanted to make sure we were happy. I understand that that probably does sound like tall tales but I am just relaying information. BUT i also think anybody who knows anything about advertising and releasing products would agree that July 25 or even August 10th is absolutely ridiculous. How in the heck are they going to build up any advertising momentum in less then a week? Or even less then a month? Not gonna happen.

edit: Also I wish i had voice recordings of the conversation but that isn't going to happen either. IF only I could get that cell phone number from dad then we could all call the guy at HTC and ask him.
Well I take it you haven't been with sprint long eh? They only TWO phones ppl can think about off the top of there heads that sprint even tried to market/ad was the instinct and palm pre...most sprint phone release are under the rader so if sprint still trying to ride the pre a quite tp2 release would do it. Gotta look outside the box sometimes brother still not calling you out just putting facts to sprint and how they do things. Lately they been matching other carriers release dates just something else to think about bro
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
sprint, touch pro 2, tp2