PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2009, 01:59 AM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh
Re: Sprint HTC TouchPro2 possibly delayed by software bug

Man i say forget the bug, and release the sucker already, more then half of us will be on custom roms anyways, so we wont have to worry about sprints rom bug.
Old 06-19-2009, 08:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

livejazz is becoming a great contributor

put it on my desktop and took a picture of my computer. Then sent the picture to my Sprint rep and begged for a beta unit! Yup....I've got it bad.

matt
Old 06-19-2009, 08:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc Sprint Evo 4G

mmille8 is a n00b

Like many others i am insanely waiting for this device too. This has been my desktop image since the phone is not out yet. Hopefully soon...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TP2 all photos.jpg (796.1 KB, 105 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-19-2009, 10:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Am I the only one that's been annoyed with Sprint and HTC lately?

Also please feel free to let me know if I'm mistaking about any of the facts I stated, this is just my opinion based on looking through forums like this...

<Begin Rant>
I too was looking forward to getting the Rhodium but lately I'm starting to feel that HTC and Sprint are getting lazy with the devices they release. The PROs of this phone is its kick A$$ screen. But lets look at some of the cons, it's got an older slower processor then the original touch pro, and they crippled the only reason to use the older slower processor--it's ability to use CDMA and GSM. Also the larger die used by the CPU compared to the original TP consumes more battery so them adding a larger capacity battery really doesn't do much in the end. The memory is still the same and they are still using old Win Mobile 6.1, so for using ALL of these out dated technologies, the device is still delayed?

I've been on the fence now for some time on whether to get the iPhone or stay with HTC, the iPhone at least is constantly getting newer and better hardware--yearly. HTC just looks like it keeps wrapping the same devices in a new shell and selling it for obscene pricing. I don't know if this is Sprints problem or HTCs but I feel that the bottom line is we are really not getting what we pay for. I've been out of contract for over a year now waiting for the successor to the TP and it looks like it's really not that great of an upgrade to my mogul running WM6.5--other then the screen.

<End Rant>

Any opinions??
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE

Sauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by testacon View Post

Also please feel free to let me know if I'm mistaking about any of the facts I stated, this is just my opinion based on looking through forums like this...

<Begin Rant>
I too was looking forward to getting the Rhodium but lately I'm starting to feel that HTC and Sprint are getting lazy with the devices they release. The PROs of this phone is its kick A$$ screen. But lets look at some of the cons, it's got an older slower processor then the original touch pro, and they crippled the only reason to use the older slower processor--it's ability to use CDMA and GSM. Also the larger die used by the CPU compared to the original TP consumes more battery so them adding a larger capacity battery really doesn't do much in the end. The memory is still the same and they are still using old Win Mobile 6.1, so for using ALL of these out dated technologies, the device is still delayed?

I've been on the fence now for some time on whether to get the iPhone or stay with HTC, the iPhone at least is constantly getting newer and better hardware--yearly. HTC just looks like it keeps wrapping the same devices in a new shell and selling it for obscene pricing. I don't know if this is Sprints problem or HTCs but I feel that the bottom line is we are really not getting what we pay for. I've been out of contract for over a year now waiting for the successor to the TP and it looks like it's really not that great of an upgrade to my mogul running WM6.5--other then the screen.

<End Rant>

Any opinions??
True, in many regards! Yes it has an older processor like you stated? I have no idea why they did that b/c clearly the pro with the newer processor runs on CDMA & GSM!?! They have done tweaks on the pro2 so the touch flo 3D runs smoothly (every review states that). Like you said the screen is it biggest feature along side with the straight talk feature (all the reviewer like). Better keyboard (IMO). Speaking on the Iphone that not worth the upgrade, the olny major thing they did was add video recording... oh yeah they finally achieve turn-by-turn gps without a hack! And don't mention that copy and paste and MMS becuase that's an software update any iphone including my Ipod touch can do once they release it. IMO i think it worth the upgrade from the pro to pro2...... And feel free to correct me if im wrong

Last edited by Sauske; 06-19-2009 at 11:25 AM.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:34 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

If you are using a mogul then its definatley worth the upgrade. I dont miss that phone at all.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:47 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by testacon View Post

<Begin Rant>

<End Rant>

Any opinions??
you figured out HTC's secret to making money..... I still blame Microsoft for a lot of things, the Pro2 its prolly one of the most sexy peices of hardware with great specs but Winmo ATM wont let is shine the way it should. We need something polished and well executed to match the hardware and thats why im upset that M$ released 6.5 instead of WM7 this year like they initially planned to. For that very reason the iPhone 3Gs, the Pre, and also the upcoming G2 occasionally are the only ones talked about when it comes to the top spot in the smartphone industry letting the Pro2 out of the equation (WinMo being the common denominator IMO)
Old 06-19-2009, 01:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

wjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to wjrandon Send a message via Yahoo to wjrandon

Personally I'm not planning on touching the Touch Pro 2 unless I receive a free upgrade. I agree with you testacon and I was screaming those same points when the initial hype started when the Touch Pro 2 was first announced. I'm waiting for a real upgrade to the first generation TP. I want a faster processor, more RAM, and a fresh updated operating system and am perfectly willing to sit on my cash until a devices is released with WinMo 7, 3.8 WVGA screen, with a minimal 1GB RAM, powered by a next generation processor capable of 3d menus and casual gaming like Nividas efforts. The first to market wins my business. Let the race begin!!!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 2 X TPRO
Carrier: 1 Sprint 1 METRO PCS

djsonar is keeping up the good workdjsonar is keeping up the good workdjsonar is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjrandon View Post
WinMo 7, 3.8 WVGA screen, with a minimal 1GB RAM, powered by a next generation processor capable of 3d menus and casual gaming like Nividas efforts. The first to market wins my business. Let the race begin!!!
uh, that would the perfect ppc
Old 06-19-2009, 02:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: IPAQ, Treo 700WX, Treo 800W Mogul PPC 6800, Now HTC Touch Pro

ashimp1 is a n00b

While that would be a kick-azz phone. Me thinks that is quite a ways off. IMHO if I want to game, I simply would simpy fire up my computer or 360. Advanced gaming on my cell phone is defanitly not a requirement for me.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
sprint, touch pro 2, tp2