PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2009, 06:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint - SimplyEverything

tgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tgmuhammad Send a message via AIM to tgmuhammad Send a message via MSN to tgmuhammad Send a message via Yahoo to tgmuhammad
Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2 Release Date Sept 6TH Per Sprint Corp

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
overseas phones can conference in more then just 3-way calls, they can do way more lines, even without a tp. So with the tp2 they just made it easier for them to conference 4 or more calls without having to dial them individually, but its already possible to have that many calls on 1 line. Now with any cdma network as you already know 3way calling is all we get. So even if they built the feature into the phone, how will it work if the network doesn't support more then 3way calling to begin with?
I understand that, but it'd still be a nice feature even when making 3-way calls on the TP1 to be able to just click on the 2 people you'd like to talk to and have your phone connect them both to the call at the same time. But still, I haven't seen this feature added to any port of TF3D2 or higher that is running on a TP. If there is one, please let me know...
"If I've shared info that was helpful 2 U, it's always nice 2 get a Thank You!"
Old 08-19-2009, 06:23 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmuhammad View Post
But still, I haven't seen this feature added to any port of TF3D2 or higher that is running on a TP. If there is one, please let me know...
There won't be any ports since the feature won't work on a cdma phone regardless of what kind of phone it is.

Old 08-19-2009, 06:30 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

dudes i think she understnads the limitation of cdma. i beleive this is what she wants:

"but it'd still be a nice feature even when making 3-way calls on the TP1 to be able to just click on the 2 people you'd like to talk to and have your phone connect them both to the call at the same time"

she was inquiring if at least that could be done, correct me if im wrong tgmuhammad
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:34 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
dudes i think she understnads the limitation of cdma. i beleive this is what she wants:

"but it'd still be a nice feature even when making 3-way calls on the TP1 to be able to just click on the 2 people you'd like to talk to and have your phone connect them both to the call at the same time"

she was inquiring if at least that could be done, correct me if im wrong tgmuhammad
Oh ok, I see what you are saying, just being able to do it on an actual 3-way call, that would be pretty cool I guess.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

xxkennynycxx is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Oh ok, I see what you are saying, just being able to do it on an actual 3-way call, that would be pretty cool I guess.
It wou;d be nice also that if your on a phone call and someone else calls you that you could just click em over to join the conversation versus telling them to hand up cuz you gotta call them back to make the three way.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

bigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to bigchico67

Quote:
Originally Posted by garberfc View Post
When I even browse the Sprint web site to update phones the site makes me type in my zip code and delivers me to a page that states:

So, should I wait for the official release of the TP2 and call the EP sales rep and insist I remain on the SERO plan and SEND ME MY NEW PHONE???

F
Yes just wait til it comes out then call that number, I also have a couple other numbers if you need, but that one should be fine. They will get you taken care of.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I guess I don't understand why this is a limitation of CDMA. On a landline office phone system, unlike the old days when they had a big fat bundle going to multi-line phones, now they do it through just 2 wires, with codes signals back to the controller to put someone on hold, take another call, conference people, etc. I suspect it's the same with multi-caller conferencing on GSM, the the actual "conference" is made elsewhere and just "piped" in to your phone. I don't think your phone is making all those connections, hogging up that many connections to the tower. So what is different with CDMA? Isn't it just a software thing?
Old 08-20-2009, 08:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint - SimplyEverything

tgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to tgmuhammad Send a message via AIM to tgmuhammad Send a message via MSN to tgmuhammad Send a message via Yahoo to tgmuhammad

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post

You are exactly right, redd. Thanks. I think everyone finally understands what I'm trying to say. I was starting to get frustrated, feeling like people were responding without reading the entire post .

redd, I hit your thanks button...

Last edited by tgmuhammad; 08-20-2009 at 08:20 AM.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

TripleAgent is just getting started

Any word on pricing?
Old 08-20-2009, 11:32 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmuhammad View Post
You are exactly right, redd. Thanks. I think everyone finally understands what I'm trying to say. I was starting to get frustrated, feeling like people were responding without reading the entire post .

redd, I hit your thanks button...
I fully understand what your asking but that is still a limitation of the network. We all know how cdma networks work and to call the 3rd party the 1st 2 parties have to already be connected, so the only way this would work is what bundo said, the phone automatically calls the 2nd party then right when they pic up, the phone would put them on hold and call the 3rd party, i guess that would work but who would want to be the 1st caller and then as soon as you answer it you're put on hold, I would probably hang up before the conference completed because i would be mad that i got a call and i can't even talk to anyone right away. With the overseas version both parties are called at the exact same time and if one doesn't pick up you just release him or her.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
sprint, touch pro 2, tp2