PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2009, 11:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

Ronny71 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2 Release Date Sept 6TH Per Sprint Corp

Just got off the Phone with Sprint CS...Wouldn't give me a release date...Even though I told her I kinda new when it would be...

I then called TeleSales...He stated it would be early in September...But would not give me a date...He told me he would call me when I could order it from Him...He definitely said he would have it before the stores...

I'll be waitin for the Phone Call unless BB gets it first
Old 08-20-2009, 11:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

TripleAgent is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny71 View Post
Just got off the Phone with Sprint CS...Wouldn't give me a release date...Even though I told her I kinda new when it would be...

I then called TeleSales...He stated it would be early in September...But would not give me a date...He told me he would call me when I could order it from Him...He definitely said he would have it before the stores...

I'll be waitin for the Phone Call unless BB gets it first
Also, related to this, picking up my 5th (ugh) replacement, I asked the assistant manager about my options, I brought up the TP2, and long story short, he told me there were no current plans to offer them in store AT ALL. He didn't know about BB or any other retail outlet, the only info he had was online/telesales ONLY. Wow, I thought, they push the lame Instinct and Pre so hard, yet never advertise top of the line (for North America anyway) phones!
Old 08-20-2009, 12:36 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleAgent View Post
Also, related to this, picking up my 5th (ugh) replacement, I asked the assistant manager about my options, I brought up the TP2, and long story short, he told me there were no current plans to offer them in store AT ALL. He didn't know about BB or any other retail outlet, the only info he had was online/telesales ONLY. Wow, I thought, they push the lame Instinct and Pre so hard, yet never advertise top of the line (for North America anyway) phones!
just to keep it real, you cant have your cake and eat it too. knowing the release date makes no difference to me becayse the phone will be released one day and knowing or not knowing that day is still the same. 2nd both palm pre and instinct require SEP plans, if it takes sprint not advertising and not giving us a release date for me to keep my sero plan then go ahead and keep me in the dark, i'll still buy it when its available.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

hperry is just getting started

somebody must have a high level contact at BB so we can figure out whether they will be getting this thing by the end of august. come on...
Old 08-20-2009, 12:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

TripleAgent is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
just to keep it real, you cant have your cake and eat it too. knowing the release date makes no difference to me becayse the phone will be released one day and knowing or not knowing that day is still the same. 2nd both palm pre and instinct require SEP plans, if it takes sprint not advertising and not giving us a release date for me to keep my sero plan then go ahead and keep me in the dark, i'll still buy it when its available.
I feel you, but for those of us not fortunate to have a SERO plan, we want to know, also, it relates to Sprint staying in business period. If Sprint does bad, you might be forced to get a bad plan from someone else period...
Old 08-20-2009, 12:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

CosmoPilot is keeping up the good workCosmoPilot is keeping up the good work

Excuse this question if its been asked before, I couldn't find the answer I was looking for. If the TP2 comes out with MW6.1 for Sprint (which we all believe it will), and all reports state that TouchFlo3D is much improved over previous versions (in fact, most say its so nice your hard pressed to find 6.1 running underneath). Additionally, it seems like most reviews say TouchFlo3D is fast and responsive.

If all this is true, what improvement will TP2 users gain from a WM6.5 upgrade (when available)while still running TouchFlo3D? I guess whet I'm asking, what will be big picture improvements to the OS upgrade if TouchFlo3D is good under 6.1?

Secondly, in Touch Flo3D how do you "close" out programs? Is there a program manager to end tasks somewhere in the software package on Touch Flo3D?

Thanks,
Old 08-20-2009, 01:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HD2 (HTC Leo)

TRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TRUELIGHT Send a message via MSN to TRUELIGHT Send a message via Yahoo to TRUELIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
just to keep it real, you cant have your cake and eat it too. knowing the release date makes no difference to me becayse the phone will be released one day and
knowing or not knowing that day is still the same. 2nd both palm pre and instinct require SEP plans, if it takes sprint not advertising and not giving us a release date for me to keep my
sero plan then go ahead and keep me in the dark, i'll still buy it when its available.
This my be a little off topic, (not much but you brought this up, so I have to ask, (2nd both palm pre and instinct require SEP plans)
Even if you buy the phone outright? and call sprint with your # they will refuse to activate the (4 lack of a better name) SEP phones?
Old 08-20-2009, 01:13 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUELIGHT View Post
This my be a little off topic, (not much but you brought this up, so I have to ask, (2nd both palm pre and instinct require SEP plans)
Even if you buy the phone outright? and call sprint with your # they will refuse to activate the (4 lack of a better name) SEP phones?

why is the instinct on an sep only, the pro2 has so much more capabilities... thats just weird.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HD2 (HTC Leo)

TRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TRUELIGHT Send a message via MSN to TRUELIGHT Send a message via Yahoo to TRUELIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
why is the instinct on an sep only, the pro2 has so much more capabilities... thats just weird.
The reason I ask is this would be one way to weed all of us SERO plan customers out! By not allowing us the options of the higher end phones
the plan would be reduce to low end Go phone quality devices, that would be sad, and I for one would not continue with Sprint!
Old 08-20-2009, 01:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC hero

jjday7 is keeping up the good workjjday7 is keeping up the good work

I notice sprint doesn't ever heavily advertise any windows mobile phone. . the pre and instinct are on sep because they have a optimized version of telenav and with the pre you have Pandora. . sprint considers these as heavy data programs thus causing it to be on sep.. I know it's stupid because a windows mobile phone can do the same but I really think that's why. . same thing with blackberry with their web service. they are charged by blackberry for the service. . the pre is the same thing.. I think the upcoming hero will be the same thing because it's going to be exclusive to sprint.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
sprint, touch pro 2, tp2