PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2009, 10:44 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Re: HTC Touch Pro2 for Sprint in June

I don't have any problems with my tp. In a perfect world when you buy a phone out the box you don't have to do anything but charge it. But with any pda/smartphone that's not the case. I'm running the stock rom and my phone runs like a whipped dog on a cold tuesday...but its tweaked and modded to my liking. I think that's half of fun of owning a pda/smartphone is getting it the way you like it...but I see your point something just should work out the box but no company can get it right all the time. If phone companies built a perfect phone be no reason to ever buy the next one...but they do hurt us with the minor upgraded phones in a different "dress" and passing it along as the next best thing smoking. Its really give and take..they GIVE us what they want us to have and we TAKE it.

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 05-21-2009, 12:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond - WM 6.5 - Telus 1.04.05
Carrier: Sprint

robotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike20pr View Post
cant argue with you there haha, i have been lusting the Touch HD screen since they announced it.....
Exactly. They knew what they were doing. Setting us up to shell out the $$$ for the closest thing to the HD stateside... =D>
Old 05-21-2009, 01:08 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i wont buy it because it has no flash.....
Old 05-21-2009, 01:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

The TP2 is just a TP with a bigger screen, removed flash which is very useful, all the problems of a TP (slow video, lag here and there, rainbow spot in middle of screen, GPS lag, and most likely still have heat issues).

Touch pro users are not worth an update to fix GPS lag. Fortunately the Palm Pre is looking quite good. Customizable? I haven't upgraded my ROM since October.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond - WM 6.5 - Telus 1.04.05

robotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Is the GPS lag & heat issue fixable at all? I never used the stock rom on my Diamond but no GPS lag and major heat (much cooler with a different radio). Slow video on occasion depending on what files and misc lag not significant enough to annoy me. What's the rainbow spot in the middle of the screen though? Sounds horrible.

Really do wonder why they removed flash. Had it on my 2 previous phones but lived without it on the Diamond. Such a simple feature that is so useful...
Old 05-21-2009, 03:47 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotphood View Post
Is the GPS lag & heat issue fixable at all? I never used the stock ROM on my Diamond but no GPS lag and major heat (much cooler with a different radio). Slow video on occasion depending on what files and misc lag not significant enough to annoy me. What's the rainbow spot in the middle of the screen though? Sounds horrible.

Really do wonder why they removed flash. Had it on my 2 previous phones but lived without it on the Diamond. Such a simple feature that is so useful...
I'm quite sure that the GPS lag is fixable as the mogul ran perfectly. The rainbow smudge is discussed in this thread.http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49405. Looks like someone put a little motor oil and water behind the screen.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:39 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

I may not buy because of qualcomm... tegra is my savior

Old 05-21-2009, 07:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint EPRP

dicast is keeping up the good workdicast is keeping up the good workdicast is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to dicast

If hTC ever make a perfect device then we won't be here hacking and flash a new ROM very few days. and yes i will buy me a tp2 and flash the **** out of it
Old 05-21-2009, 02:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nyclegend20 is just getting started
HTC TOUCH PRO 2 coming very soon too Sprint

I just got word from a Sprint store that the TOUCH PRO 2 is not being delayed until end of quarter 3 or 4.
They said They have gotten word that the phone is going to arrive at their store sometime in July and the release will be end of July or or early August.
Sprint store in Manhattan New York.
Can't wait, was considering the Pre but since the Touch Pro 2 is only a month or two behind well worth the wait.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II

Magoo_215 is keeping up the good workMagoo_215 is keeping up the good work
Re: HTC TOUCH PRO 2 coming very soon too Sprint

let the speculation begain... I'll believe it when I see it.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
sprint, touch pro 2, tp2