PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2009, 10:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2 Release Date Sept 6TH Per Sprint Corp

man we need more rumors to keep us going the tp2 could ahve easily been the halo of sprint but they decided the pre was their halo this year. Though it sounds like only sprint will be caring the HTC hero maybe that will be the next halo?
Old 08-05-2009, 10:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
I see. That makes sense, the difference being I guess you can unlock an Iphone and use it on and GSM but its a little harder to do that with CDMA networks.

so you can't use a pre with SERO?
If you really push hard, you can get the pre on a SERO plan, but the phone "requires" an everything data plan.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:02 AM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith

man im hoping this is true! now i need to figure out how to mess up my diamond and convince them to replace it with a touch pro 2...lol
Old 08-05-2009, 11:05 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
man we need more rumors to keep us going the tp2 could ahve easily been the halo of sprint but they decided the pre was their halo this year. Though it sounds like only sprint will be caring the HTC hero maybe that will be the next halo?
Other than the fact that everyone is going is have the tp2, would make it hard to be a halo phone. And forget the tp2 rumors, I WISH I could get at least ONE td2 rumor on sprint, that's the phone I want (with a 3.5mm jack plzz). If sprint released that phone I'd be first in line, but if they ever do it looks to be so far in the future I'll be able to get a tegra phone by then.

Considering the Hero is already released in GSM (not in the U.S. though I don't think) I'm pretty sure US GSM networks will get it too, but the weak screen resolution is such a turn off for me on that phone I could never justify buying that phone, the only reason I see anyone getting a Hero is if they just have to have android, because the UI will be easily emulated to a near perfect level on wm by then and the only difference will be the base OS (and did I mention HVGA, yuck!)
Old 08-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiznith View Post
man im hoping this is true! now i need to figure out how to mess up my diamond and convince them to replace it with a touch pro 2...lol

won't happen, I think they have a lot of refurb diamonds in stock, but if you find a way to do that, please tell me

or you can just "lose" it, a $50 deductible would be totally worth it.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint - SimplyEverything

tgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to tgmuhammad Send a message via AIM to tgmuhammad Send a message via MSN to tgmuhammad Send a message via Yahoo to tgmuhammad

Here's a link to Sprint's Roap Map of all phones to be released for 2009. It's listed under the Sprint Community page. You can click on the highlights of the different phones and it will blow up the picture. Only thing that struck me as odd is they have the shiny, chrome version of the Euro HTC Touch Pro2 on the site. But it does have SAMPLE stamped on top of it in red...

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thre...um#__highlight
"If I've shared info that was helpful 2 U, it's always nice 2 get a Thank You!"
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

and no new info on the samsung dash which is surprising
Old 08-05-2009, 02:34 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
won't happen, I think they have a lot of refurb diamonds in stock, but if you find a way to do that, please tell me
I agree..I went to a store with my friend with a semi broken PPC6700...3 days later a new PPC6700 came...where in the world did they find one of those? lol
________
PAXIL LAWSUIT SETTLEMENTS

Last edited by gTen; 04-14-2011 at 02:11 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:46 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

Im hungry. Atleast football is starting this month. When is the tp2 going coming? Anyone? I await the O powerful tp2.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint - SimplyEverything

tgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to tgmuhammad Send a message via AIM to tgmuhammad Send a message via MSN to tgmuhammad Send a message via Yahoo to tgmuhammad

If you look at the pic of the HTC Rhodium on the Sprint Smartphone Road Map for 2009 (on the right, second from the bottom - click to enlarge), it looks like the front is really slick and shiny, but I can't tell if it's chrome or plastic. The back looks rubberized or plastic with the ventilation holes. HMMMM, I LIKE... It says that the phone will be CDMA/GSM, thus it will satisfy domestic and international customers.

One thing I noticed on the chart on the left side, there's a few things posted as TBD, like the size, accelerometer, Java, Video, Sprint NFL and the battery. So, it looks like with regard to some of the specs, it's not complete. Yet, it says it is to be launched in Q4 '09.

Then at the bottom it says, "NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION - PROPRIETARY AND CONFIDENTIAL." Then how'd I find it by just typing in HTC Rhodium into the Sprint.com search engine?

Sprint Smartphone Road Map 2009: http://community.sprint.com/baw/thre...um#__highlight
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
sprint, touch pro 2, tp2