PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2011, 08:14 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sliding keyboard, no landscape

Quote:
Originally Posted by comics10 View Post
I am running the stock rom and have never flashed or unlocked or anything like that...does this mean it is definitely a hardware issue and that I am @#$%ed?
Don't be too downtrodden. Yes, you have a hardware issue. But at least there is an easy work around. Just install this keyboard controller, and then remap your -> key on the TP2 keyboard to rotate the screen with a double click. You have the keyboard open anyways. In one day you won't even miss the automatic screen rotation!! Have a blast out there!

Installing:
- Install SdkCerts.cab
- Install RhodiumKbdControl_XXX.cab
- Soft reset
- Check if keyboard works by pressing hardware buttons and seeing if they do their work, if not - uninstall cab, this wouldn't work on your current ROM
- If it works - go to the control panel and find "Keyboard Config" on a System page

How to define key processing:
- Run configurator (Control Panel -> System -> Keyboard Config)
- Press Menu -> Add key
- When dialog asking you to press key appears press and release desired key
- Set up needed options in key setup dialog and press OK (left softkey)
- In configurator's main window press left softkey "Update settings" to let new configuration take place (reboot is not needed, because new settings will work immediately after saving)

Backup before installing of modified driver is strongly recommended

This is for CDMA only. The GSM controller can also be found here at PPCG.

sdkcerts.cab

rhodiumkbdcontrol_cdma_1.4.zip

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:23 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
I am running the stock rom and have never flashed or unlocked or anything like that...does this mean it is definitely a hardware issue and that I am @#$%ed?
@comics10
jaja don't worry u can swear on these forums now. just don't do it excessively
Old 10-24-2011, 09:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Well...You could try reflashing the shipped rom which will wipe the memory and restore to be absolutely sure but I'm betting you have a hardware issue.
agreed. But there is still a chance there might be a bug that has been progressivly developing in your phone.

that being said, reflashing stock MIGHT clear that.
If not then its 100 percent hardwear
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

comics10 is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Thanks again guys, I'll try the mapping fix like Tink suggested. I was considering opening the thing up, guess that's a bad idea.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Thanks again guys, I'll try the mapping fix like Tink suggested. I was considering opening the thing up, guess that's a bad idea.
Ive opened the phone up many many times
But that wont help you unless the cable is just a little loose because other wise... what exactly are you going to?

Its not like you can open and imeadietly look and it and know what you need to do to fix it.

I suggest downloading the official update, plug your phone in via usb.
and then run the update.exe from your computer.

You wont void warentee or anything
you dont have to unlock your phone,

Its all legit and has almost to consequences

the ONLY consequece would be if you unplug your phone befor it finishes and then you ruin your phone
(I dont concider apps, contacts, or messages to be a consequence)

Hopefully that will solve it. If not you need to have someone at a sprint store look at it.
If all youve done is run the update then you havnt done anything that they can turn you down for.

I think a replacement tp2 (without insurance or warentee) is 35 bucks. at least thats what they told me

Last edited by aedon; 10-27-2011 at 09:08 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:55 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

comics10 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedon View Post
Ive opened the phone up many many times
But that wont help you unless the cable is just a little loose because other wise... what exactly are you going to?

Its not like you can open and imeadietly look and it and know what you need to do to fix it.

I suggest downloading the official update, plug your phone in via usb.
and then run the update.exe from your computer.

You wont void warentee or anything
you dont have to unlock your phone,

Its all legit and has almost to consequences

the ONLY consequece would be if you unplug your phone befor it finishes and then you ruin your phone
(I dont concider apps, contacts, or messages to be a consequence)

Hopefully that will solve it. If not you need to have someone at a sprint store look at it.
If all youve done is run the update then you havnt done anything that they can turn you down for.

I think a replacement tp2 (without insurance or warentee) is 35 bucks. at least thats what they told me
They'll replace it with insurance for $35???
Old 10-28-2011, 08:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

no, if you DO NOT have insurance they will replace it for 35 bucks.
Then they ship the phone off the htc to look at it and if HTC determins that the phone is messed up because you either opened it yourself or unlocked it, both of wich you say you havnt done, then HTC will charge you the retail price (About 599) for the tp2 replacment they sent you
But since you have not tampered with it, as far as you have told us, then HTC wont charge you a dime. Sprint will just charge you the 35 for processing and replacment fee

If you have insurance then the replacment is free

Last edited by aedon; 10-28-2011 at 09:01 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:24 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

comics10 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedon View Post
no, if you DO NOT have insurance they will replace it for 35 bucks.
Then they ship the phone off the htc to look at it and if HTC determins that the phone is messed up because you either opened it yourself or unlocked it, both of wich you say you havnt done, then HTC will charge you the retail price (About 599) for the tp2 replacment they sent you
But since you have not tampered with it, as far as you have told us, then HTC wont charge you a dime. Sprint will just charge you the 35 for processing and replacment fee

If you have insurance then the replacment is free
Oops yeah I meant to say "without" instead of "with". Well that's good to know. I bought the phone off ebay and I think the watermark might be tripped. I'm sure you guys would know, is it the little square of white under the battery cover right next to the stylus? Mine is partially red.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:30 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

comics10 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Don't be too downtrodden. Yes, you have a hardware issue. But at least there is an easy work around. Just install this keyboard controller, and then remap your -> key on the TP2 keyboard to rotate the screen with a double click. You have the keyboard open anyways. In one day you won't even miss the automatic screen rotation!! Have a blast out there!

Installing:
- Install SdkCerts.cab
- Install RhodiumKbdControl_XXX.cab
- Soft reset
- Check if keyboard works by pressing hardware buttons and seeing if they do their work, if not - uninstall cab, this wouldn't work on your current ROM
- If it works - go to the control panel and find "Keyboard Config" on a System page

How to define key processing:
- Run configurator (Control Panel -> System -> Keyboard Config)
- Press Menu -> Add key
- When dialog asking you to press key appears press and release desired key
- Set up needed options in key setup dialog and press OK (left softkey)
- In configurator's main window press left softkey "Update settings" to let new configuration take place (reboot is not needed, because new settings will work immediately after saving)

Backup before installing of modified driver is strongly recommended

This is for CDMA only. The GSM controller can also be found here at PPCG.

sdkcerts.cab

rhodiumkbdcontrol_cdma_1.4.zip
The problem with this solution is when I go to type in the opera browser, the phone doesn't recognize that the physical keyboard is slid out and instead pops up the virtual keyboard. When I begin to type with the physical keyboard the virtual one disappears and I am able to type a single letter. Then the text box deselects itself and i must tap into it again. Needless to say, that doesn't work :-/
Old 11-02-2011, 04:53 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

comics10 is a n00b

Quote:
The problem with this solution is when I go to type in the opera browser, the phone doesn't recognize that the physical keyboard is slid out and instead pops up the virtual keyboard. When I begin to type with the physical keyboard the virtual one disappears and I am able to type a single letter. Then the text box deselects itself and i must tap into it again. Needless to say, that doesn't work :-/
Scratch that. Opera Mini 5 takes care of this.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2