PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2012, 03:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: Sprint

Tmair is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Do you like your TP 2?

Hello Guys
I got me a Samsung Intrepid, not so intrepid as it turns out, so I went back to my Palm, but there are things it just does not have, mainly GPS built in, so yesterday I went to the local Sprint store to see how much they would rape me for the privilege of buying an Android phone, they didn't have enough Vaseline in the store to get me to up grade my plan, it would have added $60.00 to my monthly bill, anyway, I have been thinking of getting a better WM phone and was wondering about the TP 2, and how you guys like it.
Thanks in advance.
Terry
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Love it, best phone on sero in my opinion, if you like wm I recommend sharkie rom and/or you can use android off of your sdcard, or nand which is still not stable for daily use. Best thing about the phone is the hw keyboard and speakerphone (its the loudest) pandora sounds great no need for stereo!

Sent from my Touch Pro 2 using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2012, 12:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2

locobear is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Do you like your TP 2?

I liked my TP2 when it was working. The touch screen recently failed on mine. Apparently there are issues with retrieving the information from a TP2 with a faulty touch screen. If you are willing to fix your own touch screen in the event of damage, then it would not be an issue. I was relying on Sprint technicians.

If you use a private email server for email such as at your business or maybe you have your own domain and email server, then be aware of the issues regarding security certificates that can block your phone from synchronizing with the server. My phone requires a manual certificate be created and added to the phone in order to access the Windows exchange server at my employer. It was too technical for me to figure out and even our tech support people at my employer could not get it fixed for a few days. My phone has been the only phone at my work with this issue, and we have multiple people using various types of smart phones that are syncing with our server with no certificate errors. As soon as they figured out the certificate issue the sync was all good.

TP2 has the best keyboard I have ever used on a phone. Microsoft Outllook and Excel have worked great on my TP2. The phone function has always been pretty clear sounding on calls, and the speaker seems to work well. It's not difficult to use other functions in the TP2 while you are on a phone call. Those things I like.

My 2 cents...

Last edited by locobear; 01-15-2012 at 12:19 AM.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:15 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; CyanogenMod-7.2.0) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Back in 2009 i bought a tp2 and used it for all of 12hrs before selling and going back to my htc hero. The build quality was ok but i just never got into the phone or roms.

I do know its the most popular device here still to my surprise.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Threadstarter

Tmair is just getting started

Thanks for the replies, as for the touch screen on my Samsung, you have to push hard, even then sometimes it will not respond, it is just like it doesn't know you are using it, on my Treos the touch screen was way responsive, I had an HTC touch for a wile, and the screen was almost as bad as the one on this Samsung, is the touch screen on the TP 2 responsive, or is it fineky?
Thanks again
Terry
Old 01-15-2012, 11:45 PM
#1 troll!

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; CyanogenMod-7.2.0) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Have you considered going android? Or do you have a legacy sero plan?
Old 01-16-2012, 12:00 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmair View Post
...is the touch screen on the TP 2 responsive, or is it fineky...
I've had only Vogues, over a dozen of 'em. Their touchscreens have varied widely, from normal (like when I got my 1st brand new Sprint Touch), to near totally unresponsive (like when my digitizer screen 1st went bad), to amazingly better than ever (like when I did my 1st digitizer replacement). Since then I've had replacement screens that were bad from the getgo! I still have 6 functioning Vogues, and I switch screens at various times. Functionality follows the digitizer, not the device. Of course, fine tuning helps (i.e. Start>Settings>System>Screen>Align), but a good responsive touchscreen, lens, digitizer, whatever you wanna call it, has resulted in good response no matter which of my Vogues I put it into. And an iffy screen has iffy results, no matter which Vogue I put it in. I suspect TP2 is like Vogue in that it's the screen itself that determines how responsive it is, more so than the device.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:05 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post

Back in 2009 i bought a tp2 and used it for all of 12hrs before selling and going back to my htc hero. The build quality was ok but i just never got into the phone or roms.

@fixxxer2008 don't see how anyone could go back to a device with a smaller screen and lower resolution from a device with a larger screen and higher resolution.

@Tmair I recommend u give Tmobile a try, u don't get these ridiculous fees for wanting to use a more up to date phone and u get much better speeds as well.

Last edited by eric12341; 01-17-2012 at 11:37 AM.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:22 PM
#1 troll!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post

@fixxxer2008 don't see how anyone could go back to a device with a smaller screen and lower resolution from a device with a larger screen and higher resolution.

OP I recommend u give Tmobile a try, u don't get these ridiculous fees for wanting to use a more up to date phone and u get much better speeds as well.
Simple eric, user choice.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I still love my TP2 even though it's not my daily anymore. I keep it at work and lately have been playing around with Android on nand. Pretty cool. It's a very capable phone and has the best qwerty keyboard ever, imo.

All these people still love their TP2

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...their-tp2.html
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2