PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 02:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s
Carrier: Sprint

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach
Still use mine as an mp3 player all the time.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
Old 01-20-2012, 12:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2
Carrier: us cellular

cheif_of_smoke is just getting started
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Do you like your TP 2?

I still use mine and i love it. it been around the world with me on deployments. would like to go to a windows phone 7 but the one uscc offers doesnt do what my tp2 does. and as for the android phones im just not sold on them. and i cant complain with my plan from uscc either.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:35 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheif_of_smoke View Post
I still use mine and i love it. it been around the world with me on deployments. would like to go to a windows phone 7 but the one uscc offers doesnt do what my tp2 does. and as for the android phones im just not sold on them. and i cant complain with my plan from uscc either.
@cheif_of_smoke when I had my arrive I was able to do everything I did on the TP2 except tether. Since I moved to T-mobile and got an HD7 I can tether now.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
@cheif_of_smoke when I had my arrive I was able to do everything I did on the TP2 except tether. Since I moved to T-mobile and got an HD7 I can tether now.
the arrive and the pro 7 are some what different. the pro 7 does not have an sd card slot or sim card slot. the arrive does. the pro 7 is not a world phone. i not sure if the arrive is. i really havnt seen any roms for the pro 7/ arrive either. what program are you using for a file explorer, facebook instant messanger, etc. is there an android port for phone 7 yet?
Old 01-22-2012, 10:12 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:
the arrive and the pro 7 are some what different. the pro 7 does not have an sd card slot or sim card slot. the arrive does. the pro 7 is not a world phone. i not sure if the arrive is. i really havnt seen any roms for the pro 7/ arrive either. what program are you using for a file explorer, facebook instant messanger, etc. is there an android port for phone 7 yet?
@cheif_of_smoke they're the exact same phone only difference is one is on a much faster network than the other, there are roms for the HD7 but not for the CDMA versions of the 7pro, I don't use a file explorer everything appears in their respective hubs. Pictures appear in pictures + videos, music appears in music + videos, office files and .pdfs appear in the office hub and SkyDrive for Facebook chat it is built right into the phone as if u were to text someone
Old 01-23-2012, 07:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

the uscc pro7 does not have the sd or sim. the sprint arrive does. i have looked at the acutal phones and specs. unless uscc happened to get a pro7 that has those features and is a world phone and havnt released it in my area.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:59 PM
Banned User

Quote:
the uscc pro7 does not have the sd or sim. the sprint arrive does. i have looked at the acutal phones and specs. unless uscc happened to get a pro7 that has those features and is a world phone and havnt released it in my area.
@cheif_of_smoke the arrive doesn't have a SIM card slot either, ot does have an SD (as does the 7 pro)but it's tied to the phone. So if you were to install a higher capacity card ud have to do it before u set the phone up. @dtrush and @steveo70 are 2 examples of those who have done this operation.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:25 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
@cheif_of_smoke they're the exact same phone only difference is one is on a much faster network than the other
That's awesome that Tmobile is faster where you live, but doesn't mean it is where everyone else lives.
They're mostly 2g where I live, unless you're right in the city. My sprint speeds crush my bros tmo speed.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Threadstarter

Tmair is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; CyanogenMod-7.2.0) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Have you considered going android? Or do you have a legacy sero plan?
That's kind of what got me wondering about the TP 2, I went in to find out how much it would cost to move to an Android phone, I have four phones on the plan, my phone is the only one with internet, and that is how we want to keep it, to move to an android I would have to "Upgrade" my plan so every phone was on the internet, then because one was a "Smart Phone" I would have to pay an additional $10.00 a month, it would raise my monthly phone bill, before taxes $60.00, that's just to much to pay for...what? The more I thought about it I came to the conclusion that these smart phone really have nothing to offer over good honest business phones, I don't do Facebook, twitter or any of the other sites like those, don't really know what I was thinking, I think I would just like to upgrade my WM phone, and I was thinking the TP 2 would be a good choice.
Thanks for all of the replies.
Terry
Old 01-23-2012, 11:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Threadstarter

Tmair is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
@fixxxer2008 don't see how anyone could go back to a device with a smaller screen and lower resolution from a device with a larger screen and higher resolution.

@Tmair I recommend u give Tmobile a try, u don't get these ridiculous fees for wanting to use a more up to date phone and u get much better speeds as well.
Here where I live my son and his wife were on TMobile, they were not happy, they switched to Sprint, and say that it is much better, I personily have not tried TMobile, and wont be able to until my contract is up, and that is my goal to get all 4 phones out of contract, then maybe contact retensions to see what they can do, I was happy with my Palm treo, but now no support ofcourse, and now WM has gone that way so it seams they are forcing us into so called smart phones, I plan on getting the best deal I can!
Terry

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2