PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Sliding keyboard, no landscape (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=147644)

comics10 10-22-2011 02:21 PM

Sliding keyboard, no landscape

My phone has stopped switching to landscape mode when I slide open the keyboard. If I tilt the phone, it will switch to landscape mode because of the G-sensor but it will not recognize that the keyboard is out. When I close the keyboard it will switch for a second to landscape mode and then right back to portrait so whatever the magnetic sensor is obviously works but is slightly off or something. Can anyone help me please? :help:

eric12341 10-22-2011 02:33 PM

Re: Sliding keyboard, no landscape

yea if it isn't switching then there definitely is a problem with the mechanism that's in charge of that. to verify for sure try performing a hard reset using clear storage or re-flash the stock ROM.

Tinkerbell 10-22-2011 02:39 PM

I agree Eric, it sounds like a hardware problem. Comics10, try opening the keyboard and then pulling it closed just slightly. Does your device change to landscape in this position?

elesbb 10-22-2011 03:54 PM

well i would first check to see if the keyboard lights are coming on , if they are then I highly dout its hardware related , but if they don't come on then I would say it is . So id start there , and tinks idea seems like something I would try as well .

horndoctor 10-23-2011 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comics10 (Post 2151714)
My phone has stopped switching to landscape mode when I slide open the keyboard. If I tilt the phone, it will switch to landscape mode because of the G-sensor but it will not recognize that the keyboard is out. When I close the keyboard it will switch for a second to landscape mode and then right back to portrait so whatever the magnetic sensor is obviously works but is slightly off or something. Can anyone help me please? :help:

Does the hardware keyboard function normally? Meaning, can you type with it when you slide it out? If not I bet you have a problem with the ribbon cable.

Try what eric suggested.

comics10 10-23-2011 01:17 PM

Let me start by saying thank you all for your replies, all very good ideas.

I performed a hard reset, still the same problem.

With the keyboard slid out about halfway the lights on the keyboard come on and the screen switches to landscape mode. However when slid out any more or all the way the screen switches back to normal and the lights on the keyboard turn off.

Like I mentioned, the lights do come on when I slide the keyboard out to a certain point and also when I press the keys.

The keyboard itself seems to function just fine, I can type with no problems, just the screen does not adjust.

horndoctor 10-23-2011 02:16 PM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:

Originally Posted by comics10
Let me start by saying thank you all for your replies, all very good ideas.

I performed a hard reset, still the same problem.

With the keyboard slid out about halfway the lights on the keyboard come on and the screen switches to landscape mode. However when slid out any more or all the way the screen switches back to normal and the lights on the keyboard turn off.

Like I mentioned, the lights do come on when I slide the keyboard out to a certain point and also when I press the keys.

The keyboard itself seems to function just fine, I can type with no problems, just the screen does not adjust.

Ok, if you are not running the stock shipped rom then flash it back on and try it. If still no joy then you have a hardware malfunction. Too many variables could cause your issue if you are running a custom rom.

aedon 10-23-2011 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 2151896)
Too many variables could cause your issue if you are running a custom rom.

Ya. a bad flash can leave a bug in your os that can cause it to malfunction or worse

regaurdelss of what rom you are on, stock or otherwise, I sudgest downloading the official tp2 update from the htc website

if your already running stock and have never unlocked or flashed your phone, you can still do this update with out being unlocked.

If its rom related, this should fix it.. it its not... then you'll know thats its hardwear related.
Hopefully it doesnt come to that..

comics10 10-24-2011 12:03 PM

I am running the stock rom and have never flashed or unlocked or anything like that...does this mean it is definitely a hardware issue and that I am @#$%ed?

horndoctor 10-24-2011 12:09 PM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:

Originally Posted by comics10
I am running the stock rom and have never flashed or unlocked or anything like that...does this mean it is definitely a hardware issue and that I am @#$%ed?

Well...You could try reflashing the shipped rom which will wipe the memory and restore to be absolutely sure but I'm betting you have a hardware issue. :(