PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2011, 03:41 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TEP in store replacement question

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
a sprint rep told me the optimus s was equivalent to the touch pro 2
how the hell can that be? it had a smaller screen and lower resolution, not only that but it had NO keyboard. the moment is more equivalent to the tp2 than that.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:08 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
how the hell can that be? it had a smaller screen and lower resolution, not only that but it had NO keyboard. the moment is more equivalent to the tp2 than that.
ok lets just say WE dont make that judgment , asurion does , and with that being said , we cant barter too much . i understand specs related the optimus s isnt that great compared to the TP2 , but id rather have the optimus s brand new then a refurb pos tp2
Old 09-11-2011, 09:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Quote:
ok lets just say WE dont make that judgment , asurion does , and with that being said , we cant barter too much . i understand specs related the optimus s isnt that great compared to the TP2 , but id rather have the optimus s brand new then a refurb pos tp2

Idk what to tell yall in the ways of that, Im in the same boat as David since I cant get anything better then the tp2 unless I upgrade.
My situation is that Im on SERO and if I upgrade to almost double my payments for SERO Premium + DATA

totally bs...

on a side note though.. Anyone who knew about me issues with sprint data in my area led me to buy a nother tp2, and it happened to be a refurb one

When I compared all the stats
my original phone was not refurb and its manufacturing date was nov 09.

the other phone was manufactured in dec of 09

now this is where it gets funny..
My phones life time calls are like 1x,xxx's

the refurb was like 1xx,xxx's

re-damn-diculas lol

but in anycase, I sold it the other day for 140 bucks lol
but in anycase my original phone is older, not refurbashed and is still running strong

tho extreeeeemly slow all things concidering
Old 09-12-2011, 11:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I had mine replaced in july after dealing with a recurring "dead mic" issue. They offered me the Arrive and I accepted
Old 09-12-2011, 12:35 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleki View Post
I had mine replaced in july after dealing with a recurring "dead mic" issue. They offered me the Arrive and I accepted
@Aleki , but what plan are you on or did you have to change plans?

I've been all the way up to the corporate level and they all tell me no that it can't be done.

Thanks,

David
Old 09-12-2011, 05:58 PM

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
mind sharing how the hell you pulled that off ? did they pass it as your upgrade or something ? and who did you ask/speak to ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post

I've been all the way up to the corporate level and they all tell me no that it can't be done.

Thanks,

David
Im on the sprint 450 plan unlimted text and data and they said for me to upgrade , it will only cost me 10 bucks extra for the "new" data fee.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:

Thanks,

David
I'm on the $40 Sero Plus, but had the $30 plan when I had my TP2. When I learned I would be getting an arrive, I called up the SERO CS and asked to be upgraded; went without a hitch
Quote:
mind sharing how the hell you pulled that off ? did they pass it as your upgrade or something ? and who did you ask/speak to ?
Well, to begin with, I wasnt attempting to pull anything. I had been having quite a few recurring issues with my TP2. the biggest offender was that my volume and mic would go out without notice (stock ROM btw) I have explained to them that I really need this phone to work as I rely on it as a alarm; not to mention, I look incredibly foolish when I pick up a call and my mic is not functioning. After about 2 replacements at the same store, they called me up and gave me my options(hero, bb curve, and some other crappy options). I had told them I was only interested in the TP2 because I didnt want to deal with any exchange issues and that I liked the keyboard on the TP2 to begin with. After that, the store rep offered me the arrive since they didnt have any new TP2's available. This did not impact my upgrade eligibility whatsoever.

Keep in mind, this happened somewhere between jun/july, and that they may have since decided to stop offering the arrive as a replacement phone.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
I'm on the $40 Sero Plus, but had the $30 plan when I had my TP2. When I learned I would be getting an arrive, I called up the SERO CS and asked to be upgraded; went without a hitch

Well, to begin with, I wasnt attempting to pull anything. I had been having quite a few recurring issues with my TP2. the biggest offender was that my volume and mic would go out without notice (stock ROM btw) I have explained to them that I really need this phone to work as I rely on it as a alarm; not to mention, I look incredibly foolish when I pick up a call and my mic is not functioning. After about 2 replacements at the same store, they called me up and gave me my options(hero, bb curve, and some other crappy options). I had told them I was only interested in the TP2 because I didnt want to deal with any exchange issues and that I liked the keyboard on the TP2 to begin with. After that, the store rep offered me the arrive since they didnt have any new TP2's available. This did not impact my upgrade eligibility whatsoever.

Keep in mind, this happened somewhere between jun/july, and that they may have since decided to stop offering the arrive as a replacement phone.
which is dumb , im on my third replacement , now this is through asurion . which i hate btw . anyhow , my first one i threw on accident causing the screen to break , so i ordered a new one via TEP after paying the 100 dollars they send me a POS one that wouldnt even charge , as you said i also use my TP2 as my alarm , well when it doesnt charge over night you wake up to a dead phone . so yeah called them got another , this too had USB mini port issues , it charged , well at least better then the first , but it wouldnt connect via activesync or Bootloader for shit and the start menu key was goofy , didnt really "click" . so i called again demanding i get a NIB , well i got my third TP2 in a matter of one month , this has a working USB FINALLY . well i go through the entire phone (hardware wise) and found the the end key doesnt work at all . gotta mash the button in . so yeah . i hate you for getting so lucky . i dont mind a refurb , but god people at least go over the phone before you send it to a customer .
Old 09-13-2011, 11:24 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

@elesbb , want a good laugh, read this:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...ys-over-3.html

David
Old 09-13-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
@elesbb , want a good laugh, read this:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...ys-over-3.html

David
ha . i think HTC fucked up when they made the TP2 . instead of calling it the TP2 they should call it frankenstein gone wrong . i love sprint , they have been ever so helpful in getting me replacements and everything , its asurion that pisses me off . if i cant get any answers on my new thread i most likely will go to the sprint store , they seem to be more help than Asurion , fuck them . i have never in my entire life dealt with a company as poor in customer service as them . even my old HP that was out of warrenty and everything i was able to get imediate help with from HP direct in solving a hardware issue that they walked me through how to fix . im honestly speechless with asurion's service i get the phone isnt being made anymore but like i said before when you refurb a phone , go over it before sending to the customer , like honestly . holy shit . or offer another phone in exchange , its not like im getting a new phone as i have to send my old one back anyhow , im about ready to call asurion and talk to some important people , fuck the reps . oh and when i say talk , i mean flip .

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2