PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Aedon's WM 6.5 Iphone SMS Chat bubbles

Hey guys, so after looking around and seeing alot of good works by other members here and on XDA Developers, I decided to give a go at making my own Iphone like sms app for windows mobile

THIS IS A 6.5 SKIN!!

CONFIRMED FOR 6.1!!
This skin works almost 100 percent the same for 6.1 and 6.5

it will work on a 6.5.x phone but it will have allighnment issues and bubble glitches.

If anyone would like a 6.5.x version, please click here

Now befor anyone ses anything about this, most of the work here IS spliced versions of other peoples codes, found here and here

both are great skins, but each offered their own flaws.
puffs was a great looking skin, overall smooth and had no glitches
astronauts implemented code to add the contact picture in the top bar, but unfortunatly had allighnment issues and multiple scroll bars in the window

I have to say thanks to Puff601 here on PPCGeeks for the basline for this app
and thanks aswell to Ninja4hire, (a team member of the astronaut skins) over at XDA for the rest of the codes to add in a background and the contact image at the top of the screen

I took Puffs original cab and removed and added lines of code from ninjas 6.5 sms cab untill this became the final outcome

anyway, let me know what yall think and if yall have any requests, hit me up

And befor anyone else mensions this, i know that there is a slight misalighnment with the bubbles, this is because changing from landscape and protraite mode shifts the tops of the bubbles slightly. this is as close as i could get them so that it doesnt shift to far to either side at any time

The contact image at the top of the bar will show the contact picture of the last person to send a message
ie
if you send the last text, that image will show unless you have your voicmail saved as a number and add an image to it

other wise, if the person your talking to sent the last message, their picture will show, if you have one saved for them
Attached Files
File Type: cab WM 6.5 SMS iPhone Skin - Red.cab (221.3 KB, 158 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by aedon; 04-08-2011 at 11:00 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Aedon's WM 6.5 Iphone SMS Chat bubbles

This app WILL work on a 6.1
i spent about a few hours looking for and downloading a stock 6.1 rom and when i installed this app, it worked flawlessly, to the extent of my knowlage.

Im working on making the bubbles seem as allighned as possibl right now, A few more tweaks and it should all be gravy.

My next release will have a designated bubble for the newer and older page links, aswell as im prooved time stamp looks with out the name on the bubbles
and e better tooking top bar

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Heres some screen shots of my 6.5.x cab
follow the link in the first post to check it out
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6-5-x PT.jpg (294.6 KB, 339 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 6-5-x LS.jpg (286.5 KB, 314 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by aedon; 04-08-2011 at 03:39 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 XV6875
Carrier: CMCC

alva is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

good work, thanks.
i will try it later.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:10 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

i love the red the colors are awesome . should have some black in there too !!
Old 04-05-2011, 09:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

what did you have in mind?
Old 04-05-2011, 09:58 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

ill design my background and attatch it for you ?
FILE FORMAT:
bmp
480x800 portrait
800x480 landscape
correct ?
Old 04-05-2011, 10:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

its actually all one image
its going to be 800x800
what happens is that when you go into landscape it with tile the image, so unless youre ok with it multipliing on your screen, id make it 800 by 800 and its a jpeg, but it doesnt matter what you post cause i can convert it

Last edited by aedon; 04-05-2011 at 11:44 PM.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Im currently working on a new release for this
unfortunatly i still cant stop the background from scrolling, but i have added a designated bubble for the newer and older page links

realighned the time stamps to more uniform rather then offset while in the bubble and to get rid of the name that acts as a link, wich im sure is annoying to click when scrolling

smoother bubbles, hopfully i can get the missalighnment issue to go away

app image icon on the top left and re alighned text

im hoping tl be able to figure out how to make the app only read the other person rather then both you and them

and hopfully remove were it ses 'Conversation' to be able to make the text bigger without messing up the allighnment for everything else

im going to need people to give me some color scheme ideas so my next release so that i can have a few choices for download
Old 05-28-2011, 03:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

PSN_DeaD-_-BuNnY is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Hey bro i like that u've taken the time to create the iPhone skin but i was wondering if it would work with the HTC Touch Pro? I know its a windows phone but since theres other i dnt know which one u made it for
Old 05-29-2011, 12:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSN_DeaD-_-BuNnY View Post
Hey bro i like that u've taken the time to create the iPhone skin but i was wondering if it would work with the HTC Touch Pro? I know its a windows phone but since theres other i dnt know which one u made it for

well it all depends really, I use the touch pro 2, wich I know has a different resolution then that of the touch pro

I dont know what the resolution is exactly, or if that would even affect it

I know that I had to personally go back and rewrite codes for the 2 different ones, by that I am referring to WM versions of 6.5 and 6.5.3

if you dont know what I am referring to with this, then just know that 6.5.3 has the start button on the botton left of the screen rather then the top left like in 6.5 and even 6.1

this specific thread here is for 6.5 and 6.1

If you want to feel free to go ahead and try the app out as is and let me know if there are any issues.

I havnt really gotten any feed back on this app at all for 6.5

And as it is, I have made alot of improovments to the 6.5.3 version that I now need to go back and do for this one, so I might be able to fix up any issues you may find while Im at it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
red, sms skin, wm 6.5 iphone chat