PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Aedon's WM 6.5 Iphone SMS Chat bubbles (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=142528)

aedon 04-05-2011 08:17 PM

Aedon's WM 6.5 Iphone SMS Chat bubbles

1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys, so after looking around and seeing alot of good works by other members here and on XDA Developers, I decided to give a go at making my own Iphone like sms app for windows mobile

THIS IS A 6.5 SKIN!!

CONFIRMED FOR 6.1!!
This skin works almost 100 percent the same for 6.1 and 6.5 :D

it will work on a 6.5.x phone but it will have allighnment issues and bubble glitches.

If anyone would like a 6.5.x version, please click here

Now befor anyone ses anything about this, most of the work here IS spliced versions of other peoples codes, found here and here

both are great skins, but each offered their own flaws.
puffs was a great looking skin, overall smooth and had no glitches
astronauts implemented code to add the contact picture in the top bar, but unfortunatly had allighnment issues and multiple scroll bars in the window

I have to say thanks to Puff601 here on PPCGeeks for the basline for this app
and thanks aswell to Ninja4hire, (a team member of the astronaut skins) over at XDA for the rest of the codes to add in a background and the contact image at the top of the screen

I took Puffs original cab and removed and added lines of code from ninjas 6.5 sms cab untill this became the final outcome

anyway, let me know what yall think and if yall have any requests, hit me up

And befor anyone else mensions this, i know that there is a slight misalighnment with the bubbles, this is because changing from landscape and protraite mode shifts the tops of the bubbles slightly. this is as close as i could get them so that it doesnt shift to far to either side at any time

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...les-6-5-pt.jpg

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...les-6-5-ls.jpg

The contact image at the top of the bar will show the contact picture of the last person to send a message
ie
if you send the last text, that image will show unless you have your voicmail saved as a number and add an image to it

other wise, if the person your talking to sent the last message, their picture will show, if you have one saved for them

aedon 04-05-2011 08:39 PM

Re: Aedon's WM 6.5 Iphone SMS Chat bubbles

2 Attachment(s)
This app WILL work on a 6.1
i spent about a few hours looking for and downloading a stock 6.1 rom and when i installed this app, it worked flawlessly, to the extent of my knowlage.

Im working on making the bubbles seem as allighned as possibl right now, A few more tweaks and it should all be gravy.

My next release will have a designated bubble for the newer and older page links, aswell as im prooved time stamp looks with out the name on the bubbles
and e better tooking top bar

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Heres some screen shots of my 6.5.x cab
follow the link in the first post to check it out :)

alva 04-05-2011 08:52 PM

good work, thanks.:razz:
i will try it later.

elesbb 04-05-2011 09:10 PM

i love the red :) the colors are awesome . should have some black in there too !!

aedon 04-05-2011 09:17 PM

what did you have in mind?

elesbb 04-05-2011 09:58 PM

ill design my background and attatch it for you ?
FILE FORMAT:
bmp
480x800 portrait
800x480 landscape
correct ?

aedon 04-05-2011 10:04 PM

its actually all one image
its going to be 800x800
what happens is that when you go into landscape it with tile the image, so unless youre ok with it multipliing on your screen, id make it 800 by 800 and its a jpeg, but it doesnt matter what you post cause i can convert it

aedon 04-08-2011 03:59 AM

Im currently working on a new release for this
unfortunatly i still cant stop the background from scrolling, but i have added a designated bubble for the newer and older page links

realighned the time stamps to more uniform rather then offset while in the bubble and to get rid of the name that acts as a link, wich im sure is annoying to click when scrolling

smoother bubbles, hopfully i can get the missalighnment issue to go away

app image icon on the top left and re alighned text

im hoping tl be able to figure out how to make the app only read the other person rather then both you and them

and hopfully remove were it ses 'Conversation' to be able to make the text bigger without messing up the allighnment for everything else

im going to need people to give me some color scheme ideas so my next release so that i can have a few choices for download

PSN_DeaD-_-BuNnY 05-28-2011 03:40 PM

Hey bro i like that u've taken the time to create the iPhone skin but i was wondering if it would work with the HTC Touch Pro? I know its a windows phone but since theres other i dnt know which one u made it for

aedon 05-29-2011 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSN_DeaD-_-BuNnY (Post 2108094)
Hey bro i like that u've taken the time to create the iPhone skin but i was wondering if it would work with the HTC Touch Pro? I know its a windows phone but since theres other i dnt know which one u made it for

well it all depends really, I use the touch pro 2, wich I know has a different resolution then that of the touch pro

I dont know what the resolution is exactly, or if that would even affect it

I know that I had to personally go back and rewrite codes for the 2 different ones, by that I am referring to WM versions of 6.5 and 6.5.3

if you dont know what I am referring to with this, then just know that 6.5.3 has the start button on the botton left of the screen rather then the top left like in 6.5 and even 6.1

this specific thread here is for 6.5 and 6.1

If you want to feel free to go ahead and try the app out as is and let me know if there are any issues.

I havnt really gotten any feed back on this app at all for 6.5

And as it is, I have made alot of improovments to the 6.5.3 version that I now need to go back and do for this one, so I might be able to fix up any issues you may find while Im at it.