PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2011, 03:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

garyflynn is keeping up the good workgaryflynn is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
If you get a new phone from the TP2, which will you get?

My contract will be up soon, and I think I'm going to change phones this year.

I'm looking at the Epic 4G, and would get that except that another keyboard phone, some kind of Epic 4G II might come out this year that is the same thing but faster and maybe a better camera.

What is your phone upgrade strategy, if you were to change?
Old 03-13-2011, 03:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: LG Optimus S
Carrier: Sprint

dsmile is a n00b
Re: If you get a new phone from the TP2, which will you get?

I went from TP2 to EVO and I don't miss the keyboard at all. This was after always having a keyboard since my Treo 300 and feeling like that was a necessity. Now I'm using LG Optimus S (tired of paying $10 a month extra in a no 4G area) and still type as fast on the onscreen keyboard as I did on the TP2 keyboard (when I bothered to slide it out).

Last edited by dsmile; 03-13-2011 at 03:38 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:31 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyflynn View Post
My contract will be up soon, and I think I'm going to change phones this year.

I'm looking at the Epic 4G, and would get that except that another keyboard phone, some kind of Epic 4G II might come out this year that is the same thing but faster and maybe a better camera.

What is your phone upgrade strategy, if you were to change?
Not sure how they are gong to go..the Galaxy S 2 is a 4.3" screen rather then a 4"...so they might not go the kb route due to the screen size...but who knows...

That said I got an Epic and it does everything fairly well...since the Android OS does not exactly support dual cores till honeycomb I'm gonna at least wait for Quad-Cores that were promised at end of this year before moving...by then, the OS and more apps will support multiple cores...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-13-2011, 07:01 PM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

i'd just look up info on them and then if nothing ask people i know who have them and get their honest input ..
Old 03-13-2011, 08:19 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

im getting the HTC Arrive next sunday its gonna be a great phone. and i think the idea of multi core processors on a phone is totally unnecessary and insane, none of the current game systems even have multi core processors for shit sake
Old 03-13-2011, 09:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Threadstarter

garyflynn is keeping up the good workgaryflynn is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Quad-Cores that were promised at end of this year
woah! Glad I asked! Quad-cores were promised for 2011? I'll wait with my tp2 for that. Hopefully a good keyboard like the tp2 or the epic and quad cores on sprint before christmas.

Do you have any links about this quad core stuff?
Old 03-13-2011, 09:26 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

A 2.5Ghz Quad-Core phone? You’ve gone mad, sir.

Super-powerful quad-core Symbian mobile phones on the way?

Old 03-14-2011, 12:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sensation 4G

tacotoy is becoming a great contributor

i took the jump to the epic.... but kept the tp2 and gave it to my little sis. i found i was running xdandroid more than winmo anyways, so the processor and ram jump was welcomed...

that being said the tp2 still isn't a bad phone, at all.... typing took some relearning on the epic, as i had a tp and then the tp2.... layouts of things were similar enough between the 2 to not notice but samsung puts stuff in different places

but i also love the overclocking capabilities.... but all that comes at the price of battery power. i had no issues making it thru the day with the tp2, but with the bigger screen and such sometimes if im on the phone alot its a struggle
Old 03-14-2011, 04:10 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyflynn View Post
woah! Glad I asked! Quad-cores were promised for 2011? I'll wait with my tp2 for that. Hopefully a good keyboard like the tp2 or the epic and quad cores on sprint before christmas.

Do you have any links about this quad core stuff?
NVIDIA's Project Kal-El: Quad-Core A9s Coming to Smartphones/Tablets This Year - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

NVIDIA Tegra 3, equipped with 1.5GHz quad-core madness, teased by a familiar slide -- Engadget

If you are on a new plan and wish to not waste your upgrade..since Epic has been out for a good time you can always get it off ebay if you want for a decent price and get Quad-Core when it comes out..but if your TP2 meats your needs then thats ok as well..

Last edited by gTen; 03-14-2011 at 04:14 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:44 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

I've been eying the Arrive, but I'm just not feeling it. My contract has been up for 5 months and I simply cannot find a phone that I want.

Sad part is, the iPhone 4 is looking good to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
and i think the idea of multi core processors on a phone is totally unnecessary and insane, none of the current game systems even have multi core processors for shit sake
PS3 has 8 cores (well, SPE's, but they're essentially like multiples cores you'd have on a computer)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2