PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2011, 03:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Backup Assistance.

I want to backup my TP2 and "restore" this backup to ANOTHER TP2 to make them "identical"

I already have the SD cards synced.

I found a lot of backup utilities but they all seem to backup "data" and not the "entire phone"

I have 2 wm6.5 TP2's one on sprint one on boost. so I don't want to overwrite rom or radio info.

just WM program's settings preferences etc.. IE like imagine a hard disk with Drive Image or Norton Ghost.

backup up the one to the SD card put that file into the other RESTORE it. this way all my programs contacts cht preferences installs options etc.. will be identical on both phones.

any help would be greatly appreciated. I would prefer a free program but don't mind paying for a program if it does a good job and is worth the price.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Backup Assistance.

Dolt forgot.

an option to EXCLUDE "dynamic" data would be nice (text's call history etc..) ie things that "should" be unique to each phone I can use pimbackup to backup and restore "that" data.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

jrebo is keeping up the good workjrebo is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Try spb backup. you will need to have the same rom loaded on both tp2s. After the restore from spb overlay the dynamic data with pimbackup. I've never done this, but it might work.

Last edited by jrebo; 03-06-2011 at 01:41 AM.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

jprice is a n00b

Yep, SPB backup. BUT, it's not perfect. When my TP2 died and I got a replacement (same ROM), I couldn't update the PRL using the update PRL button after restoring with SPB backup. Ultimately I re-installed everything. Note: SPB backup lets you selectively restore, also.
Jim
Old 03-06-2011, 02:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Ditto on that last one. I have used resco, sprite, and spb backup. SPB is hands down the best. I have 2 TP2's and have done exactly what you want with no problems. You can also download SPB backup for free on a 15 day trail. long enough to get your job done. Take a few minutes to review the instruction on what level of restore you want to use. They have one for restoring to the same rom, but on a different device. Get the right option and it works like a charm.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

got it tried it. complained that my rom version was different. I tried the "upgrade" option but it failed.

SO I downloaded the latest firmware even if the phone said it already had it and reflashed both phones (identical TP2's one on boost one on sprint)

tried restoring the original worked GREAT. tried restoring the boost one (same firmware now) and it still says firmware is different.

I know upgrade won't work so I switched it to "normal" mode.

worked great. they are both identical now BUT the boost phone has a small issue. it works fine but I think it THINKS its my sprint phone.

I can not profile update I can not PRL update and when I dial my sprint phone it "says" I am calling my voicemail (but the call goes through fine) which leads me to believe it thinks its my sprint phone.

how do I fix this?
Old 03-13-2011, 05:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: MoPho

krnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to krnfrk6663 Send a message via MSN to krnfrk6663 Send a message via Yahoo to krnfrk6663

As far as the voice mail thing.. Just got through the settings in the phone. Where ever your "Phone" Settings are in the start menu. You should be able to change the number manually.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker

krnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to krnfrk6663 Send a message via MSN to krnfrk6663 Send a message via Yahoo to krnfrk6663

This should fix you're prl problem. I hope.. =)
Attached Files
File Type: cab dcd Sprint Carrier 20090831.cab (1,017.3 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-13-2011, 12:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

that says sprint. the phone is BOOST now. (but I then restored my SPRINT BACKUP to the BOOST phone from SPB)
Old 03-14-2011, 01:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Sorry, I blank minded that part. I thought about it a little after I posted, but I wasn't in a position to get back on here and correct myself. Either way, I am glad you got everything figured out. (That's at least what I got from that post.) =)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2