PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2011, 02:46 AM
djconundrum

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP2, 3G new fees, forced new plans, no grandfather, no upgrade path

I see keeping my TP2 is a good choice considering what it can do. Probably going to see the used price go up for those who do not want to change their plan, just the phone. Until I see a quad core dragon tail glass htc whatever, with sim on sprint with wimax 3g 2g and lte I personally will not buy another phone for a long time. Until sprint gobbles up t-mobile. Long live the rhodium.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:48 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Yeah, Sprint has literally cut off people and forced upgrading by setting a restriction on the platforms themselves...WebOS, Instinct and Android all require the new everything plans. (WP7 too prob now)

So even though Instincts are not even smartphones..they still require new plans...its dumb...

Now they added the $10 fee for everyone which is a bit annoying..simply because theye call it "simply everything plans" and sprint advertised those plans as simple no hassle plans that can run any device...then they change it..

the worst that get hit are the family plans..they really should make an option to say pay 25$ a month on the family plan to allow smartphones...$10 for 5 lines is 50$ extra a month :/

For me personally I got an EPRP plan before the $10 fee..so I am paing around $31 a line except Epic line which is 41$ a month :/

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-10-2011, 04:11 AM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Yeah, Sprint has literally cut off people and forced upgrading by setting a restriction on the platforms themselves...WebOS, Instinct and Android all require the new everything plans. (WP7 too prob now)

So even though Instincts are not even smartphones..they still require new plans...its dumb...

Now they added the $10 fee for everyone which is a bit annoying..simply because theye call it "simply everything plans" and sprint advertised those plans as simple no hassle plans that can run any device...then they change it..

the worst that get hit are the family plans..they really should make an option to say pay 25$ a month on the family plan to allow smartphones...$10 for 5 lines is 50$ extra a month :/

For me personally I got an EPRP plan before the $10 fee..so I am paing around $31 a line except Epic line which is 41$ a month :/
now see that gten thats what i was sayin in the wp7 threads and what i still didn't understand .. why is sprint or if there's other wireless companies doing that it makes no sense i mean i pay for 2 lines over $230 a month for both of them to be unlimited everything except sprint tv content cause i don't use it just to be told if me and my wife upgrade our smartphones to newer ones we have to pay a fee of $10-$20 for premium data add on i agree with u it just makes no damn sense anymore but i dunno i guess we could switch to another carrier if they had better choices in our town but we're kinda limited to ugh i hate to say it at&t ..

Last edited by rrjskj; 03-10-2011 at 04:18 AM.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:39 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrjskj View Post
now see that gten thats what i was sayin in the wp7 threads and what i still didn't understand .. why is sprint or if there's other wireless companies doing that it makes no sense i mean i pay for 2 lines over $230 a month for both of them to be unlimited everything except sprint tv content cause i don't use it just to be told if me and my wife upgrade our smartphones to newer ones we have to pay a fee of $10-$20 for premium data add on i agree with u it just makes no damn sense anymore but i dunno i guess we could switch to another carrier if they had better choices in our town but we're kinda limited to ugh i hate to say it at&t ..
This is why:

PPCGeeks.com » Sprint CEO’s Bonus Up 18%

If you were to take away this 1 guys salary..1,100,000 users would not have to pay $10 fees..
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:32 PM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
This is why:

If you were to take away this 1 guys salary..1,100,000 users would not have to pay $10 fees..
yeah i just saw it thats pretty ridiculous he gets 10 million a year and he's their shitting on people for his $720.000 bonus
Old 03-10-2011, 01:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I do not have a problem with sprint raising the price for new users.

I do not have a problem with sprint raising the price for new users who want to "upgrade" on sprint's dime.

WHAT I DO have a problem with and what SHOULD be illegal is sprint raising the price of placing restrictions on people who simply ESN CHANGE. ie they buy their hardware FULL PRICE outright (new or used) and simply want to MOVE service from one ESN to another ESN.

that should not be allowed in fact should not be legal.

an evo or an echo will NOT use any more data in my hands than my TP2 does. I gain NOTHING AT ALL for the massive price increase (about $6480 over 10 years)

they want me to pay an extra $6480 enough to BUY A CAR. hell in the right places you can buy a HOUSE for this much.

for what? absolutely nothing?? I am not getting more minutes that I need. I am not getting more data that I need I am not getting ANYTHING from sprint that I actually need. Not one single thing. Not even a discount on the phone. Nothing.

there is ZERO justification for this. period. not for ESN changes.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:37 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
This is why:

lol gTen, a classic as usual! True

Over 10 years?! wow.. ok, well that's very roughly $11,000 increase for me! A couple new Yugos!! :>))
Old 03-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

why can I no longer "edit" my posts? I click edit it comes up I make the change (for my second line I meant to say existing users upgrading so I changed new to existing) but when I click save it just spins the little icon on the save button forever. been doing this for over a week now.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:41 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
why can I no longer "edit" my posts? I click edit it comes up I make the change (for my second line I meant to say existing users upgrading so I changed new to existing) but when I click save it just spins the little icon on the save button forever. been doing this for over a week now.
lol... after reading your post 3 times, it still didn't make sense, figured that's what you meant.. exit browser, clear cache, log back on, try again. If still problems, switch between browsers, try IE, FF, Chrome, etc..

If still an issue, ask a moderator to check your account. We had an issue with a editor in the Energy FAQ I put together, (that gTen kindly setup for us :>)) not being able to edit his own entry in the wiki, I had to do it for him... he had edited it many times... wonder if there was a edit count max or something?

Last edited by teradog; 03-10-2011 at 01:48 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

well I have been with sprint since what? 1996 1997 ? I still have my original sanyo 6000 and 6200's (still my favorite phone)

I think "total cost" 10 years is a reasonable value. so for you thats $1100 a year.

I don't even have a special plan. Just a plain jane sero plan that SPRINT OFFERED TO ME. I did nothing special to get it. I got a flyer in the mail that said HE sign up for this use "savings@sprint.com" for the employee address. Wish I still had that flyer.

I promptly signed 4 of us up for that plan. it was a no brainer. I have ALWAYS used "data" phones. I got a sanyo 8400 with the plan (very nice phone I used a LOT of data on that) but promptly switched to my PPC 6700 then to a few BB's then to the touch pro 2. I never upgrade. the only reason I got the 8400 was sprint required new phone purchase with the plane. IE had to get new phone new # etc.. for $36 a month NO problem byebye old number though it was not MUCH cheaper than my ORIGINAL plan (about $46) but got me unlimited texts. I already had 400 minutes and 7pm N&W and unlimited data from my original 1996 plan at $40 a month plus fees.

the sero plan was just $10 cheaper but again I was thinking long term. about $11 cheaper with fee's so $1100 cheaper over 10 years. (interesting amount ehh ??)

no special plans no special discounts no trickery no finagling to get a plan I should not have all plans sprint OFFERED to me and now they "alter" the terms at their whim. that should not be allowed.

new users sure existing users upgrading sure. you want sprints dime you get sprints terms.

but when I buy outright and simply ESN swap sprint should have NO SAY in what phone I use if its tech compatible (and the evo IS it has 3g and 4g 4g is optional and not available where I am turn it off I don't want it)

again my ONLY issue is for straight up swap ESN change users. we should not be forced into new plans OR limited on what hardware we can use.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2