PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2011, 01:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP2, welcome to the hotel california

This is discussion is why I am keeping my TP2 for a long time. Plus it is quadband and you can plug in SIM cards as needed.

Furthermore, when you overclock, you can get 75% of the may to 1Ghz performance.

FurtherFurthermore, guys try the new android versions. These are now running real fast and also can be overclocked.... currently only BT and the 3.5mm jack do not work and I do not really notice that.... any other phones you know can swicth OSs?

Finally, there is no phone Sprint has that I would want...
Old 03-09-2011, 01:31 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Re: Sprint TP2, 3G new fees, forced new plans, no grandfather, no upgrade path

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
Tera, why'd u delete your posts? This is a legit thread ....
Thanks for the legit tag, coming from you :>))

I set out to help people out only to find a huge change that negated the entire purpose, after being misinformed by Sprint. Was frustrated.

Didn't like the fact that an attempt to help, turned into a rant... (*edit* mine) not my style..

Re-wrote most of the first post... comments welcome

Agreed Jerryyyyy, I too will be on both our TP2's for a real looooong time. Just so many leaving, wanted to provide an alternative upgrade path (cost saving) to the EVO & Epic.... The dual screen Echo, pushed me over the edge & I wanted it! LOL... but not at that price!!!

*edit* if I wasn't clear (looking @ posts below..) ... sorry again lol... MY rant on Sprint, y'all are cool... :>)) thanks!

Last edited by teradog; 03-09-2011 at 04:07 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:10 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

Thanks , you have to ignore the fire sometimes lol. My point a while back was if people stopped buying or paying for this stuff and it'll go away. Tmobile lied to me about the 5gb throttling disappearing , I have them on strike now!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint/Boost

Kris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Thanks for the legit tag, coming from you :>))

I set out to help people out only to find a huge change that negated the entire purpose, after being misinformed by Sprint. Was frustrated.

Didn't like the fact that an attempt to help, turned into a rant... not my style..

Re-wrote most of the first post... comments welcome

Agreed Jerryyyyy, I too will be on both our TP2's for a real looooong time. Just so many leaving, wanted to provide an alternative upgrade path (cost saving) to the EVO & Epic.... The dual screen Echo, pushed me over the edge & I wanted it! LOL... but not at that price!!!
Ignore the poop! I love my tp2! Onward!

If I helped... Please hit the THANKS button!
Old 03-09-2011, 05:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Well I switched to the evo and got in a family plan which makes it cheaper. Per line after taxes and fees and my work discount it's only around $47/month. I still have my tp2 and use it as a world phone. But if sprint ever screws me over the only company I would switch to is tmobile. From the rumors it's probably going to be forced on us anyway if tmo decides to be purchased by sprint. All I know is that even with the so called throttling by tmo their speeds are faster right now than att and verizon. Either way there is no way around the $10 fee which still is cheaper than att and verizon.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Free! Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417
Old 03-09-2011, 07:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP 2

yazyazoo is just getting started

So from reading the 1st thread. If we have SERO $30 and want the EVO it's only $40? No more 4G fee? When did this happen?
Old 03-09-2011, 09:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazyazoo View Post
So from reading the 1st thread. If we have SERO $30 and want the EVO it's only $40? No more 4G fee? When did this happen?
No, it's $30 + $10 Sero Premium + $10 Smartphone fee = $50. That's what I've read anywho, I'm on an old Free and Clear plan with no option of Android ever .
Old 03-09-2011, 11:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
The $10 premium fee only applies to the everything plan. The sero had it's own fees if you want an android. If you want a 3g android add $10, if you want 4g then add $20. Just forget the other fee exists as it only applies to everything plans

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Free! Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417
Old 03-09-2011, 11:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

sprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

on a not so unrelated note, Sprint is announcing the Nexus s and a new phone called the Evo 3D on the 22nd of this month! So, i know it sucks biting the bullet and switching plans, but its still cheaper than AT&T or VZW.

EVO 3D here i come!
Old 03-10-2011, 02:09 AM
mariano3113

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I am fortunate enough to have a "Special" SERO plan on month-to-month. Unfortunatley in order to keep this awesome plan, I can not upgrade my phone currently.

My $30 a month SERO plan has the International Discounted Rates added, Any Mobile-Anytime, and TEP all for free. So I basically have unlimited minutes with 500 anytime Landline minutes, free phone replacement (remove OS, task** aka Phone has issue rebooting).

So I will probably never get rid of this line.

However my family is tired of excess charges thru At&t. And switching 4 of them over to an Everything Plus Data Family plan (Sprint.com/sero) equates to around $45 per line for all lines having smartphones. If you add in the $125 credit for porting a number to a new line of service on a Smartphone, you basically can wave the first year of that new $10 Data premium. (If you are already on Sprint and out of contract - be creative and pick-up a burner or pre-paid and port the number to that phone and then create a new line of service on Sprint and port the number back for the credit)

So even though the pricing is no longer Super Cheap - it is still more than ultra reasonable.

Largest gripe about jumping thru these hoops to get discounted plans is the lack of service at Sprint Stores. They are no longer allowed to even touch the discounted plans. So all future phone upgrades have to be done by calling the special (88 211-4727 number or going thru the sprint.com/sero site.

Which is time consuming, but if it saves $40-50/month as compared to the regular Everything Data Family plan SO-BE-IT!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2