PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2011, 04:57 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone overclocked their TP2

wimospeed is the best. thats what the whole community has agreed on
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:08 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post
This one is confirmed to be working by everyone: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...-shortcut.html

Hey bro... I got tired of waiting for Sprint/Microsoft to get their act together... So I went with an EVO for now.

Now I want to sell my TP2 but cannot remove this cab and SOMETHING is preventing me from doing a hard reset. I'm sortof assuming it's this cab...
Do you know of a way to uninstall it? Have you tried to? My phone tells me it's uninstalled... But it's still there. Still functioning. Even after disabling it and going through the uninstall process and soft reset.

Any ideas???

Anyone else experiencing this?

BTW... I'm running a completely stock Sprint 6.5 ROM... Only cabs for effect.
p.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

gera229 is keeping up the good workgera229 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA View Post
Hey bro... I got tired of waiting for Sprint/Microsoft to get their act together... So I went with an EVO for now.

Now I want to sell my TP2 but cannot remove this cab and SOMETHING is preventing me from doing a hard reset. I'm sortof assuming it's this cab...
Do you know of a way to uninstall it? Have you tried to? My phone tells me it's uninstalled... But it's still there. Still functioning. Even after disabling it and going through the uninstall process and soft reset.

Any ideas???

Anyone else experiencing this?

BTW... I'm running a completely stock Sprint 6.5 ROM... Only cabs for effect.
p.
I am in need of a touch pro 2. Once you have things figured please let me know more information about your phone and price in private message.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:29 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level

I'll post it up in the bargain trader... I have 2 extras... Mine and my wife's They were both recently refurb replacements. I'm keeping mine as it will be fun to play with not to mention as a charger for my EVO's 2nd battery and wifi Music player.

I haven't got around to posting my wife's. It's in really good shape other than a little ding on one of the corners. She had a belt case on and scraped it on a wall. Other than that... pretty much minty fresh.
lol.

I'll get around to posting it up unless I get some offers before then. I never installed the overclock on hers... She wouldn't let me install anything on it. lol. She liked it stock.

I still would like to know how to remove the overclocking cab though.
Not having much success with that.
p.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA View Post
I'll post it up in the bargain trader... I have 2 extras... Mine and my wife's They were both recently refurb replacements. I'm keeping mine as it will be fun to play with not to mention as a charger for my EVO's 2nd battery and wifi Music player.

I haven't got around to posting my wife's. It's in really good shape other than a little ding on one of the corners. She had a belt case on and scraped it on a wall. Other than that... pretty much minty fresh.
lol.

I'll get around to posting it up unless I get some offers before then. I never installed the overclock on hers... She wouldn't let me install anything on it. lol. She liked it stock.

I still would like to know how to remove the overclocking cab though.
Not having much success with that.
p.
There's a crack on a corner or what do you mean by a ding?
If you are willing to sell it in the 130s price range let me know. If not then I guess I won't be getting it.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:43 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

No cracks... Just a scrape on the paint... I'll get some pictures... I'm willing to entertain all offers... Just would rather get more than less for it obviously... I'll consider your offer as the first one... If I get more I'll go there. I've seen them go for much more. Not trying to get rich... But also not trying to give it away bro. I'll let you know for sure.
p.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhodium)
Carrier: Verizon

Tybalt39 is keeping up the good workTybalt39 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gera229 View Post
Can someone link me a forum post to OC auto? Because I cannot decide which program to use. Does OC auto run as a driver like OCT? How old is it? Older or newer than OCT/ Winmospeed? Who was it made by?

I am trying to choose the best overclocking program that will offer the best/ stability performance clock for clock.
Click the "OC 806" link in my signature.
PDA w/TTS (NAVTEQ 2009 Q4 maps) WVGA
HTC Mobile WiFi Router (under Comm Manager)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I see what it is now. Thank you. I guess it's for use with netrippers app, something more difficult to set up. Thank you.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Hey I installed winmospeed 1.03 and would like to know what set link for actual speed does. I mean it worked for me even without it set.

Where can I check my clock speed, I mean in phone settings it says stock speed 528mhz.. is it normal?

Remember OCT 1.05 you had to run OCT 1.5 stop.exe if you wanted to uninstall it, is anything like that required to uninstall winmospeed?

I think I will stick with winmospeed and not run OCT for the rest of my TP2 life because I think it is slightly better and I hope my phone lasts me a year or 2 at least.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:31 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by gera229 View Post
Hey I installed winmospeed 1.03 and would like to know what set link for actual speed does. I mean it worked for me even without it set.

Where can I check my clock speed, I mean in phone settings it says stock speed 528mhz.. is it normal?

Remember OCT 1.05 you had to run OCT 1.5 stop.exe if you wanted to uninstall it, is anything like that required to uninstall winmospeed?

I think I will stick with winmospeed and not run OCT for the rest of my TP2 life because I think it is slightly better and I hope my phone lasts me a year or 2 at least.
528 mhz is the stock speed. If you want to run winmospeed at startup, you can use the option to create a shortcut/link with the current speeds and place it in \windows\StartUp. Just make sure you are 100% sure that the speed is safe. If it's not, you'll have to hard reset the phone to get it to boot and not lock up. I've had good luck going about 200 mhz over stock speed (748 and whatever the step below is).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2