PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2010, 06:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *UPDATE*Nov10 HSPL unlock (CDMA) HAVE YOU RECENTLY UNLOCKED?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Many people have reported problems even after they paid $6.
I'll add the whole thing to post #1, link your post & credit you... THANKS!

Now, if we can get another to have success.. please report if it works for some of you!
cool im glad I could help! i just noticed my gsensor on my sprint replacement doesn't work... so now i have to call in to sprint once again and go through all their crap to get another replacement... so i will have to use the cdma unlocker again.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul, TP2, Vogue, HD2(Android 2.2.1/WP7)

Mike G. is keeping up the good workMike G. is keeping up the good work

So... who has tried paying the 6 bucks lately? I just got replacement tp2 and would like to unlock this one as I did my first, but I'm getting the license bs too. I wouldn't mind paying considering I bought the original tp2 the day that the hardspl was released and have been loving it since. I just don't wanna throw my money away and it still doesn't work.

Any news on Mr. X's Hardspl method?
Old 11-30-2010, 08:26 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

the 6 dollar method always works. all these fine folks are complaining about not getting unlocked for free.
the only reason the paid method should not work is user error.

Last edited by austin420; 11-30-2010 at 08:33 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro
Carrier: SPCS

grant516 is a n00b

naah, i unlocked a sprint and a tmobile refurb for free might i add... i was having the same USB connection error 264 when trying to unlock the sprint refurb. i tried 2 different computers on 2 diff OS's and nothing i tried worked except a hard reset. this is what i did...

1) flash stock 6.5 rom
2) after the rom is loaded, hard reset.
3) after hard reset, do not press "vol up" to boot. instead turn your tp2 off
4) next, press and hold volume down and power keys until bootloader comes up.
5) if you look at the screen on your tp2, you should see "serial" at the bottom in the white area. this should change to "usb" when its recognize by the pc. this means your tp2 is connected and ready to unlock.
6) run the hspl, it should work fine without randomly losing the usb connection to your pc..

I have tried this method to no avail.

I cannot unlock the Hard SPL with my newly refurbed TP2, and the current unlocker program.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:37 AM
Almost a VIP

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

what kind of usb cable are you using? i noticed my tp2 always loses connection if i use a aftermarket usb cable. are you usint the original htc usb cable that came with the phone? what error is the hspl giving you?

i have another sprint tp2 replacement i am picking up today so i will test those steps again.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Lurker

grant516 is a n00b

The cable I'm using (which is aftermarket) works for the official ROM RUU sets.
I have tried the original cable with no further success.

I can swap between Sprint's original 6.1 rom and the 6.5 rom, but cannot run the HSPL or any other custom roms.
So the cable and USB connection are working.

Have tried various ways to run the bootloader (without sd, without SIM).
No avail.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Almost a VIP

what error message is the hspl giving you?
Old 12-09-2010, 12:35 AM
Lurker

grant516 is a n00b

Depends- the regular unlocker gets into the gray screen on the phone but does not move past 0%.

On the paid donation unlocker + sim unlocker, the thing goes through the cab installation, and then says that it cannot communicate with my phone, ensure the radio and restart. To no avail.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:03 AM
Lurker

grant516 is a n00b

*UPDATE* - the paid HSPL unlocker works when my phone is set in GSM mode only, now I just seemingly have to wait 48 hours to SIM unlock? which is weird.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:11 AM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by grant516 View Post
Depends- the regular unlocker gets into the gray screen on the phone but does not move past 0%.

On the paid donation unlocker + sim unlocker, the thing goes through the cab installation, and then says that it cannot communicate with my phone, ensure the radio and restart. To no avail.
I just got another replacement sprint tp2 unlocked. it gave me hell just like the previous one but I finally got it. I had hell but it unlocked the first time after a fresh pc/internet connection reboot. so restart your pc, then your internet connection and then give it a try. it took me about two hours to unlock the second replacement.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2