PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2010, 12:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: axim x30
Carrier: sprint

minikitty is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is this the END?

Now I see this quick list more often even in area with good signal. I haven't tried Android on my phone yet. Everytime, when I reboot the phone, I see this list. I am thinking to take the phone to a Sprint store... But I have to wait for another few weeks because I will on a trip in a few days.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vintercept™
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile
Threadstarter

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

Quote:
Originally Posted by minikitty View Post
Now I see this quick list more often even in area with good signal. I haven't tried Android on my phone yet. Everytime, when I reboot the phone, I see this list. I am thinking to take the phone to a Sprint store... But I have to wait for another few weeks because I will on a trip in a few days.
Do you normally use custom ROMS, overclock, or any other mods? How long have you used your TP2. Just trying to figure out if it's something we've done to the phone or if it's just falling apart after a year or use
Old 09-01-2010, 07:01 AM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by one80oneday View Post
Do you normally use custom ROMS, overclock, or any other mods? How long have you used your TP2. Just trying to figure out if it's something we've done to the phone or if it's just falling apart after a year or use
I started using custom ROMS starting 4 months ago (Mighty ROM for 3 months, then Energy Rom). I only did the HSPL unlocker to my phone. I never overclock it. I bought TP2 in last October, it is not 1 year yet. I tend to believe that it is due to the failure of END key: The END key on my phone sometimes works, sometimes does not work...
Old 09-01-2010, 07:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™
Carrier: Sprint

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Still on EnerygROM 8/28 til Wednesday. Tried many things to fix my problem but no luck. I'm always confused when I am at Sprint LOL. Gotta figure out how to relock, haven't unlocked since I got an early leak of HSPL last Halloween
theres your problem .. energy roms have been shit as of late. i have nothing nut issues on his roms. try vins plutonium before you deam it dead. or even stock.

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 09-01-2010, 10:49 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I started using custom ROMS starting 4 months ago (Mighty ROM for 3 months, then Energy Rom). I only did the HSPL unlocker to my phone. I never overclock it. I bought TP2 in last October, it is not 1 year yet. I tend to believe that it is due to the failure of END key: The END key on my phone sometimes works, sometimes does not work...
So really the only things our phones have in common are that they were purchased last October and both have run EnergyROM recently. Seeing that there aren't thousands of people with this problem, I am just guessing that the hardware key itself is the problem and it's just a weird coincidence that it happened to us at the same time. Keep in mind that the TP2 only has a 1yr manufacturers warranty. Mine ends 10/18, so be sure to get to a Sprint store before then to avoid any fees.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos View Post
theres your problem .. energy roms have been shit as of late. i have nothing nut issues on his roms. try vins plutonium before you deam it dead. or even stock.
I've tried a bunch of different ROMs and running Sprint stock right now, still have the problem. We'll see what they say when I take it in tonight.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:31 PM
Lurker

Quote:
So really the only things our phones have in common are that they were purchased last October and both have run EnergyROM recently. Seeing that there aren't thousands of people with this problem, I am just guessing that the hardware key itself is the problem and it's just a weird coincidence that it happened to us at the same time. Keep in mind that the TP2 only has a 1yr manufacturers warranty. Mine ends 10/18, so be sure to get to a Sprint store before then to avoid any fees.

I've tried a bunch of different ROMs and running Sprint stock right now, still have the problem. We'll see what they say when I take it in tonight.
In fact, my phone ran Mighty ROM for at least 3 months and about 3 weeks ago, it had such a problem: it keeps locking itself up. At that time, I think that it is the problem of the ROM. So I move to Energy ROM. But now the quick list random pops up after I installed Energy ROM on my phone.
The random locking up when running Mighty ROM is the same problem as the quick list random popping up. What is the behavior when your phone running stock ROM?
Old 09-01-2010, 09:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
In fact, my phone ran Mighty ROM for at least 3 months and about 3 weeks ago, it had such a problem: it keeps locking itself up. At that time, I think that it is the problem of the ROM. So I move to Energy ROM. But now the quick list random pops up after I installed Energy ROM on my phone.
The random locking up when running Mighty ROM is the same problem as the quick list random popping up. What is the behavior when your phone running stock ROM?
The phone thinks you're pressing down the End key. In setting you can change it to either the Quick List or one of the 4 options. Stock defaults to Airplane mode while EnergyROM is set to quick list.

Well took it to Sprint. They said they didn't have the part and ordered me a new TP2 which will be in on Friday for no charge
Old 09-04-2010, 12:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Well took it to Sprint. They said they didn't have the part and ordered me a new TP2 which will be in on Friday for no charge
Well, got my new TP2 so this should be the end of my END key issues...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2