PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2010, 08:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: axim x30
Carrier: sprint

minikitty is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is this the END?

one80oneday, thanks a lot for letting me know your thread.
When I am home, where the signal level constantly chenges from 0 bar to 4 bars, The quick list pop up on my phone very frequently for some time, but very rare for other times. When I am other places, where the signal is good, I almost never see the quick list pops up. Well, I only flashed to Energy Rom for a few days, this could be biased. By the way, the END key on my phone is only half illuminated, it does not work when I try to use it to hang up a call. This is similar to what happened to you...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vintercept™
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile
Threadstarter

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

Quote:
Originally Posted by minikitty View Post
one80oneday, thanks a lot for letting me know your thread.
When I am home, where the signal level constantly chenges from 0 bar to 4 bars, The quick list pop up on my phone very frequently for some time, but very rare for other times. When I am other places, where the signal is good, I almost never see the quick list pops up. Well, I only flashed to Energy Rom for a few days, this could be biased. By the way, the END key on my phone is only half illuminated, it does not work when I try to use it to hang up a call. This is similar to what happened to you...
"Quick List" pops up at every boot now and randomly whether I have good signal or not. Are you able to run Android still? Mine gets stuck at the loading screen
Old 08-30-2010, 02:25 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Did you decide to take it into the store to see what they tell you?

They'll probably replace it but charge you the 100 buck deductible.
Might be worth it if you are planning on upgrading in Oct.
I mean having a refurb TP2 as a backup is not a bad thing.
p.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECA View Post
Did you decide to take it into the store to see what they tell you?

They'll probably replace it but charge you the 100 buck deductible.
Might be worth it if you are planning on upgrading in Oct.
I mean having a refurb TP2 as a backup is not a bad thing.
p.
So far I've been able to deal with the problem. Just trying to figure out what happened since it seems to be happening to others too. I am going to Sprint on Wednesday to see if they can run diagnostic on it or something. Shouldn't need to pay since it's still within the 1yr warranty.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:37 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level

If it's within the one year... The techs there are sure to look at you with a puzzled look on their face and simply say... "we're ordering you a new phone"
lol.
They can't really do much. I don't think they really want to whenever a phone is still under warranty.
Good luck though. Keep us up to date.
p.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECA View Post
If it's within the one year... The techs there are sure to look at you with a puzzled look on their face and simply say... "we're ordering you a new phone"
lol.
They can't really do much. I don't think they really want to whenever a phone is still under warranty.
Good luck though. Keep us up to date.
p.
I've had really good luck so far with Sprint. Used my Mogul for 9 months, took it to Sprint to look at(running slow) and they gave me a TP1(free). Used my TP1 for 9 months, took it to Sprint to look at(screen problems & hardware buttons) and they gave me a TP2(free). Not looking for any handouts from Sprint and can deal with the problem if they say I need to pay anything to fix it. Planning to just pay for the EPIC in October. I'll keep everyone updated
Old 08-30-2010, 02:46 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

Sweet. I like that phone. I just can't make the jump to Android.
I think my son's getting the epic for Christmas.
Like I said... TP2 for backup would be nice. You can still use it with wifi as a ppc.
p.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Did I miss something, or have you not gone back to a stock Sprint ROM for some reason? They are so nice to me I can't believe it lately that I bet you get a new phone pronto.

My attitude is to go in an look totally confused and say something about Verizon and signal strength.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Still on EnerygROM 8/28 til Wednesday. Tried many things to fix my problem but no luck. I'm always confused when I am at Sprint LOL. Gotta figure out how to relock, haven't unlocked since I got an early leak of HSPL last Halloween
Old 08-31-2010, 07:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Flashed back to stock and it showed an endkey.exe error...
Is there an app to control the hardware keys?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2