PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2010, 11:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vintercept™
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday
Is this the END?

Ok, some weird stuff has started happening with my TP2. The main problem is that every few mins the bottom row lights will come on, it closes whatever app I'm in, and the "Quick List" come up. It does this for about 5 mins straight whether or not I reboot, and I cannot really do anything with the phone because it keeps closing everything. I've tried flashing Task 29 and another ROM but this still keeps happening. The phone has never been wet and it hasn't been dropped. I am guessing the the "END" hardware key is malfunctioning since it doesn't seem to be a software problem. However, the odd part is that sometimes when I reboot NONE of the hardware buttons work at all. Also when I try to flash via SD card, NONE of the buttons work. Any ideas?

TIA
Old 08-20-2010, 11:11 AM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme
Re: Is this the END?

i see a warranty replacement claim in your future...

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:14 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
i see a warranty replacement claim in your future...
Dang, I wonder what caused it? I hope they can replace it since it has been less than a year and I don't have insurance. I was hoping for this phone to at least last until October

BTW I have been using EnergyROM since day one and have been overclocking for the past few weeks
Old 08-20-2010, 11:21 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by one80oneday View Post
Dang, I wonder what caused it?.... and have been overclocking for the past few weeks
Old 08-20-2010, 11:29 AM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

if its less than a year old then yes they should with no problem
Old 08-20-2010, 11:34 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

btw, have you tried going back to the 6.1 stock rom? or disabling sense?
I had issues like that when I made the switch to 6.5, but went away when I disabled sense.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:35 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by one80oneday View Post
Dang, I wonder what caused it?.... and have been overclocking for the past few weeks
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
LOL I sure hope it wasn't overclocking that made this happen or there's gonna be a lot of claims. Why do I gotta be the first one with problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
if its less than a year old then yes they should with no problem
Cool, looks like I am headed to Sprint. Now I need to find out how to flash back to stock and relock

Last edited by one80oneday; 08-20-2010 at 02:03 PM.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
btw, have you tried going back to the 6.1 stock rom? or disabling sense?
I had issues like that when I made the switch to 6.5, but went away when I disabled sense.
Disabled Sense to see if that helps and I'll need to flash back to stock 6.1 either way so I'll try that after... thanks for the tips
Old 08-20-2010, 01:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

With sense disabled I still have this problem. Another thing I thought might have caused it was an app I installed while running Android called Ultimate Juice. Seemed to mess with some system stuff and froze Android and the morning after the problem started. I'm downloading 6.1 now and will try that. Sprint Chat said my warranty is good until mid October so I am good there.

EDIT: Well the problem seemed to fix itself after a day or so. I am guessing that there was just some dirt or lent behind the button or something. I still don't know why sometimes after reboot none of the buttons worked but whatever. It's all working for now

Last edited by one80oneday; 08-22-2010 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Not Enough Awesomeness
Old 08-28-2010, 01:13 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

My END key is completely dead now. Was working like normal since my last update but now it's dead. No lightes when I press it, doesn't hang up calls, close apps... nothing. If I hit the buttons next to it the END button will light up but nothing else. It won't boot into Android because of the END key either

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2