PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2010, 05:56 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: FM Radio FOR CDMA TP2 - NEED HELP FROM GSM ROM CHEFS

well on this page u seem like you're defending it. make up ur mind indeciso. no one actually even buys mp3s from the sprint music store and they could very easily disable the ability to use slacker radio and other music streaming services but no they didnt. if u hate CDMA carriers so much for this then y are u subscribed to sprint? is it because u cant afford to subscribe to the a$$ tard$ & turd$ who charge u 1.5-3x more than sprint for the same services u are getting with sprint. AT&T charges for everything, moreso than anyone else.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium W (Sprint Touch Pro 2 CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
well on this page u seem like you're defending it.
No. It's much more that you're not reading what I'm actually saying but rather what you presume I'm saying.

There are 13 other pages in this thread.Did you give the slightest consideration to reading them?

Quote:
make up ur mind indeciso.
My mind was made up long ago.

Quote:
no one actually even buys mp3s from the sprint music store
I'm sure that's why Sprint offers it. That would be so worth their investment.

Quote:
if u hate CDMA carriers so much for this then y are u subscribed to sprint?
Where on earth did you get the notion I hate CDMA carriers? Again, pay attention to actual reading rather than leaping to unsupported conclusions. I'm merely pointing out some realities of business.

Quote:
is it because u cant afford to subscribe to the a$$ tard$ & turd$ who charge u 1.5-3x more than sprint for the same services u are getting with sprint.
Maybe it's because Sprint has the only half-decent service in my area. Maybe it's because I've been a subscriber since I graduated from medical school in the 80's. Maybe I like yellow.

Quote:
AT&T charges for everything, moreso than anyone else.
I can't imagine anyone would argue that. What compels you to point it out?

Any particular reason you feel that Sprint and Verizon require you to defend them against "accusations" that they operate as businesses rather than as public charities?

Seriously, what do you think is more likely:

a) Carriers asked HTC to to take the time and effort to disable an existing feature because it's relatively lame and might conceivably disappoint a few users, while simultaneously not thinking twice about taking forever to release a major OS upgrade that was promised at launch and the delay of which was enraging previously loyal subscribers?

b) Carriers asked HTC to disable a feature that might allow users to listen to low-fi music and conceivably prevent some of them from buying music from the carriers or paying data charges for streaming music?

In general, do you believe large corporations operate in the best interests of their customers or the best interests of their shareholders? Given that they are legally obligated to do the latter, that's what I believe.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:33 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

i think its A,i wasnt complaining about the delay to release 6.5 on the tp2 in fact the original stock rom is more stable than the stock 6.5 rom, i didnt have a tp2 back in that time frame so i dont really know tho. im sure the euro GSM providers have music stores too but they didnt disable it. i dont even know why people want this. its not in the specs for the sprint,USCC ,or the VZW model cant put in something thats not there and what makes sprint different from VZW is that on the VZW TP and TP2 the GPS was only disabled by software i believe (flashing a custom ROM got around it), this was in the specs so it was wrong on their part to disable it and they were actually trying to make $ off the VZNavigator.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2