PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2010, 11:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Initial Impressions of TP2

On your email question, almost every third party application has the reply from acct to which mssg was sent function... I use profimail and have used flexmail in the past, both of which have it... in addition, they let you change the send from to your name and whatever address you want if you use multiple ones... ie, I have mssgs look like they are coming from an old alumni school account and reply is set to that account, but in the background, everything flows to/from gmail...
Old 08-06-2010, 12:14 PM
Lurker

MsNattie is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to MsNattie

I am sad to say I hate hate hate hate my TP2. This thing has been the biggest worthless piece of expensive CRAP I have ever owned....now are the moderators going to kick me off for posting this? I liked my Mogul. The TP1 was, meh. Actually I think it was slow and locked up a lot. I kept having keyboard issues. They ended up swapping out 6 of them for me in one year. They gave up trying to do that and swapped me out to the TP2. I was excited at first. It was awesome till they told me to upgrade to WM 6.5. Now I want to just throw thow this thing out the window!!!!! Or at the wall so I can see it crumble into a million pieces. I don't know if it's HTC or WM. But someone needs to step up their game!!! I am so angry and upset with my phone. It always locks up. The camera takes FOREVER to snap a photo and always takes blurry pics now (no matter how clean the lens is, inside and out and I'm in bright sunlight). Seriously, if I were ever in an emergency and just needed to dial 911 I'd die before my phone will take me to the right screen!!
Old 08-06-2010, 12:37 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsNattie View Post
I am sad to say I hate hate hate hate my TP2. This thing has been the biggest worthless piece of expensive CRAP I have ever owned....now are the moderators going to kick me off for posting this? I liked my Mogul. The TP1 was, meh. Actually I think it was slow and locked up a lot. I kept having keyboard issues. They ended up swapping out 6 of them for me in one year. They gave up trying to do that and swapped me out to the TP2. I was excited at first. It was awesome till they told me to upgrade to WM 6.5. Now I want to just throw thow this thing out the window!!!!! Or at the wall so I can see it crumble into a million pieces. I don't know if it's HTC or WM. But someone needs to step up their game!!! I am so angry and upset with my phone. It always locks up. The camera takes FOREVER to snap a photo and always takes blurry pics now (no matter how clean the lens is, inside and out and I'm in bright sunlight). Seriously, if I were ever in an emergency and just needed to dial 911 I'd die before my phone will take me to the right screen!!

whoa...retract the claws my friend. the mods in this forum actually have a lot more patience than you give them credit for. Sounds like your problem started when you listened to sprint rep and upgraded to 6.5. did you do a hard reset after upgrading to 6.5? If you weren't having any problems after upgrading to 6.5, why not just flash back to 6.1? Kind a figure that wouldve been your first option. And i've taken a lot of picture with my tp2 and yeah there were times it was blurry but it was because my hand was moving or the people i took a picture of was moving right when i took the picture. also it would take a bit for the camera to take the picture when its auto-focusing....but that goes with any digital camera. you've owned a few ppc's based on your post...so i would think by now you know how to do some tweaking on the OS and know to flash back to the previous OS version if your upgrade doesnt work for you.

or....you can bring your phone to a sprint store or repair center and tell them your issues. they may end up replacing your device and maybe the replacment will be better.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!

Last edited by Mojary; 08-06-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:42 PM
Lurker

MsNattie is a n00b

6.5 LOOKED asthetically cooler....I read was reading a bunch of forums saying you can't revert back...is this not true?
Old 08-06-2010, 12:46 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

i wouldn't mind going back to 6.1

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 08-06-2010, 01:04 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

f you were going after eye candy, you can flash a custom rom. but as you probably know by now, you have to hardSPL unlock you phone first. but of course...no ROM is flawless...not even stock. so you just gotta pick the one that works best for you.

why wouldnt you be able to revert back to 6.1? all you need to do that is the sprint stock shipped 6.1 ROM found here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91940

Last edited by Mojary; 08-06-2010 at 01:12 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:14 PM
Lurker

MsNattie is a n00b

I LOVE YOU!!! And yeah, when you go into all that fancy talk about flash a custom rom it's not happening. I am not a PPC "Geek"
Old 08-06-2010, 01:25 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad

LOL...hell...who needs rep counts when a total stanger tells you that she loves you? Yeah flashing is fun til you get addicted. Hence I went back to 6.1.

Just download the sprint stock on your computer and you'll be set to go. Just like when you flashed to 6.5. Only difference is you're rolling back.

Everyone here is ready to jump in to help you with you device. So when you have problems with it...just ask. Everybody will de their best to help you figure it out. Most of the time a little search will get you your answers. Because if you are having the problem...most likely somebody else had it and have found a fix or a workaround for the problem.

Btw...welcome to our community!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:32 PM
Lurker

MsNattie is a n00b
Red face Re: Initial Impressions of TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojary View Post
LOL...hell...who needs rep counts when a total stanger tells you that she loves you? Yeah flashing is fun til you get addicted. Hence I went back to 6.1.

Just download the sprint stock on your computer and you'll be set to go. Just like when you flashed to 6.5. Only difference is you're rolling back.

Everyone here is ready to jump in to help you with you device. So when you have problems with it...just ask. Everybody will de their best to help you figure it out. Most of the time a little search will get you your answers. Because if you are having the problem...most likely somebody else had it and have found a fix or a workaround for the problem.

Btw...welcome to our community!

Awwwww thanks!! Yes yes! Hence why I posted my rant because I knew I wasn't the only one and I knew someone out there would SAVE ME! haha. Call me crazy because I am a techie geek and want the latest and greatest but I want to move to the Evo if they come out with a sliding keyboard. Although, being a WM user for so long, I don't know if I can ever go to anything else.

BTW, I noticed you're using a BB...what's the story behind that?

And you like flashing eh?
Old 08-06-2010, 01:43 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

Slience once said that he liked 6.1 over 6.5 (at that time because it was a lot faster).

I want 6.1 because my old ass software doesn't work properly on 6.5 LOL! :P

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2