PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2010, 03:42 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 no longer available through Asurion

ever hear of the squeeky wheel getting the grease? well, this wheel is squeeking. and it sounds like this.
eeeeeeeevvvvvvvvoooooooo!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

busbeepbeep is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

So what happens to us on SERO with insurance. If I don't get a replacement TP2, it better somehow be an EVO or an Epic, cause any other SERO eligible phone is a definite downgrade.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: U.S. Cellular

jgra42 is a n00b

Does anybody know if this is just for sprint? Insurance through US Cell is owned by asurion and i'd be interested to see if this is just Sprint or if its this way all over.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 1
Threadstarter

mattlenderman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgra42 View Post
Does anybody know if this is just for sprint? Insurance through US Cell is owned by asurion and i'd be interested to see if this is just Sprint or if its this way all over.
I'd be curious to know as well. Maybe someone other than Sprint can call and confirm???

I just hope/pray my new unit lasts me for awhile. Like someone else said, these others offered are downgrades imop...Now if they want to give me the EVO and allow me to keep my $30/Sero plan (which from what i've been told isn't possible), then i'm cool with it. Otherwise, I think if I'm paying for insurance on a certain model thats this new, I should be replaced with that same model. Doesn't seem fair. Now yea, If i was still on the Mogul or 6700 I would understand. But the Tp2? Gimme a break
Old 07-21-2010, 04:25 PM
Volunteer Newsie
Pocket PC: NS4G
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

beathookup is keeping up the good workbeathookup is keeping up the good work

Sprint probably got smart and realized that the majority of SERO customers know what is happening and going top of the line to ensure that their phone will be able to be replaced when nothing else is allowed on our plans. I was going to go into a Sprint store for various reasons such as the oil slick on my screen, horrible battery life (with stock ROM), and finicky battery port. But if this is the case then it's not worth my time. Now if they are replacing with Android models than it may be worth the drive. Hope to hear more about this in the future.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:27 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

second post says verizon too. and he was offered an hd.

Last edited by austin420; 07-21-2010 at 10:37 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Epic 4g
Carrier: Spriznint

Jok3sta is keeping up the good workJok3sta is keeping up the good work

I actually just got my phone replaced with a brand new unit at the sprint store.. at first they ordered me a samsung moment wheni was supposed to get a refurbished tp2.. But when they realized the screwed up they gave me a brand new one..
Old 07-21-2010, 10:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon

doogie is becoming a great contributor

the imagio really isn't a comparable phone especially given the lack of keyboard. the slide hinge on my TP2 is damaged and super loose, but an expired contract too. hm. is there a way to negotiate w/asurion for a device that's actually comparable?
Old 07-21-2010, 11:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

wmadan is a n00b

Yesterday I called Asurion to file a claim. They offered me a Moment. Then I complained that I couldn't get my corporate e-mail with a Moment and they sent me what looks to be a new TP2. Don't know for sure yet because I haven't received it.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:04 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP

elosogrande7076 is keeping up the good workelosogrande7076 is keeping up the good work

I should have seen this thread before i called....i called since i had liquid damage and the phone was resetting and they tried to give me a Hero. Since im on a SERO plan and dont want to change plans, they told me that i can either file the claim now and take the hero or palm pre, or i can file the claim and be put on the wait list for a TP2. He guaranteed me (taking it with a grain of salt) that i will get a TP2 but we will see. They said if i didnt file the claim now, i had 60 days to do so or i wouldnt be able to file another one so i was kinda stuck.....hoping this all works out
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2