PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2010, 12:38 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 With Mr X Rom
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

jakobkay is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP2 Being Discontinued?

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxhack View Post
I trade you if get the evo...I have a brand new pre that they give me last month.
ha ha yea. Right
Old 07-19-2010, 01:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

Missouri is a n00b

I just ordered a TP2 online on Sat. the 17th.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Ok..so since last August I have had a total of 4 Touch Pro 2's....1st one had issues...got a new one...the new one ended up having a screen issue after 4 months...got a refurbished one...and lastly I went into a spint store last thursday...they ended up ordering a brand new phone..not sure why...but I picked it up saturday and to my suprise they gave me the whole box...everything included...which means now I have a extra USB data cable, charger, 3 stylus's (threw my previous one in the box) and a brand new battery...plus the battery he swapped out of my TP2...total of 2. So it seems they can still order them to the stores...but as for selling them in store I think they are at the end of shelf life. Sprint is releasing I believe 9 new phone before the end of the year...so they have to make room for the new ones...and get rid of the older ones....the TP2 has been in stores for over a year now...so it's good to see they had a good life.

I am about to buy a HTC Evo 4G...I don't care what people have to say about it...I'm hooked on the size (big hands) and the Android OS. I have just lost the love for Windows Mobile..and the lack of apps ability's..
Old 07-19-2010, 11:07 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

jakobkay is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
Ok..so since last August I have had a total of 4 Touch Pro 2's....1st one had issues...got a new one...the new one ended up having a screen issue after 4 months...got a refurbished one...and lastly I went into a spint store last thursday...they ended up ordering a brand new phone..not sure why...but I picked it up saturday and to my suprise they gave me the whole box...everything included...which means now I have a extra USB data cable, charger, 3 stylus's (threw my previous one in the box) and a brand new battery...plus the battery he swapped out of my TP2...total of 2. So it seems they can still order them to the stores...but as for selling them in store I think they are at the end of shelf life. Sprint is releasing I believe 9 new phone before the end of the year...so they have to make room for the new ones...and get rid of the older ones....the TP2 has been in stores for over a year now...so it's good to see they had a good life.

I am about to buy a HTC Evo 4G...I don't care what people have to say about it...I'm hooked on the size (big hands) and the Android OS. I have just lost the love for Windows Mobile..and the lack of apps ability's..
I would have to agree with you my love for windows is no longer. No apps, freezes constantly the only way to actually enjoy my high end phone is with a android port lol
Old 07-19-2010, 11:19 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

TP2 been out a year????? Since when, I thought it came out in Sept of last year when I ordered mine??
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:23 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

jakobkay is a n00b

yea im pretty sure it came out sept wize which would be 2 months from now..
Old 07-19-2010, 02:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm pre/htc tp
Carrier: sprint

dfve is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobkay View Post
well if they wouldnt offer me a evo i would just take a pre.
why would you take a product from a co that doesnt even exist anymore?? pre was a piecosh#@t when they were in biz....thats why they aRe gone now...i had a tp, a pre a tp2 which i loved AND missed for the 1st couple days after going to evo, now i dont miss it any more than my last wife
Old 07-19-2010, 03:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejones13 View Post
TP2 been out a year????? Since when, I thought it came out in Sept of last year when I ordered mine??
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobkay View Post
yea im pretty sure it came out sept wize which would be 2 months from now..
They did come out last Sept, and not in stores, took some time before they were even in stores.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: THE BIG RED

skruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

"On August 6th, 2009 Telus Mobility in Canada became the first North American carrier to launch the HTC Touch Pro2. The T-Mobile USA branded Touch Pro2 was released on August 12, 2009. Sprint's version became available on September 8, 2009 and Verizon's version of the Touch Pro2 became available on September 11th, 2009.[4] The AT&T version branded the Tilt 2 was released October 18, 2009 with Windows Mobile 6.5" from wikipeda
Old 07-19-2010, 08:10 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
to me it was, same dust under screen issue hero had plus battery life blows and other issues named all over the place here. 10$ extra on bill wasnt worth it either and i have 4g in my area. gave it time but had issues like tp2 had but there all fixed and i wasnt fixing the evo when tp2 is fine.
$10/mo? More like $800 additional/yr for me... DOUBLE (less discounts & grandfathered stuff) You MUST change plans to everything data.. (unless you know otherwise?)

See this thread (which was promptly closed & myself labeled as a hater & troll ;>))
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123929

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2