PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Does your manila 2.5 weather tab update over the air?
Updates fine over the air 38 54.29%
Will not update over the air 27 38.57%
Get a clue, boggsie 5 7.14%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2010, 10:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2/ EPic
Carrier: sprint

bobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: manila 2.5 weather not working over the air

Okay... Here goes

Its not your ROM that your flashing, its something with Sprint and there system. Saying this because I called HTC and sprint with NO LUCK. So I went to the repair store and they ordered me a new phone ( that I picked up today ) Still no luck, So with-out leaving the store I told the Tech, that I was still having the same problem. 2 hrs later he came back with NO LUCK ( with 3 other TP2's, same problem) So..... Long story short, for a temp fix. Turn on your WIFI ON and it'll give you your exact location ( ONLY WORKS WITH WIFI ON) And I'm doing more searching to find I fix ( not really having to much luck ) but will post if I do. Oh... I'm looking for a way to change my radio (phone) to a stronger channel.

One more thing, just a thought.... Wonder if it has anything to do with the new 4G coming to Ohio? Just a thought.

Last edited by bobbyblack; 07-08-2010 at 04:42 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:22 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

it is an issue with my location. it happened to a bunch of us hd2 users and lasted about 4 weeks. go cleveland btw!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:51 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Durmant is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I am in Twinsburg Ohio and I have also been unable to update the my location weather...my buddy who is on a TP1 running energy rom also having the problem
Old 07-09-2010, 01:01 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durmant
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I am in Twinsburg Ohio and I have also been unable to update the my location weather...my buddy who is on a TP1 running energy rom also having the problem
read my post! it is above yours!
Old 07-10-2010, 02:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

cbus is keeping up the good workcbus is keeping up the good work

traveled to dayton last week from cbus and when I was in dayton - my location worked! It stopped working coming back to cbus however.

I agree with an earlier notion that it might have something to do with 4g coming to ohio...
Old 07-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

rjyanj is a n00b

in columbus, ohio .. not working here. using the latest mightyrom. meh!

strange stuff, indeed. good to know it's not just me, though!
Old 07-10-2010, 03:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Silent_Patriot is becoming a great contributor

In Sunrise, FL (20 miles west of Ft. Lauderdale) here and was having the same issue, but have it working again after letting it run until the battery ran out of power then plugging it in and recharging to full before turning it back on (about 4 hours). I suspect that there's old data that's not getting flushed as the cause. It's either that or the fact that the GPS sats are being taxed pretty heavily due to the oil spill activity in the Gulf.

I spent a LOT of time messing around with this after the issue started occurring almost immediately following updating to Verizon MR2. Took a short trip south of Miami to Homestead right after I had flashed and setup all my apps, including Bing which I was testing out the GPS on and seemed to be working just fine. I remember hitting Update while there to see the Location change, and it updated while there but after I got back and tried again, it was still stuck down there. Tried to fix by unlocking and installing the Mr. X MR2 update (which is working great and I definitely recommend over Verizon's); unfortunately, it did not correct the Weather "bug" as it continued to occur.

Found many posts about the issue and tried most of the suggested workarounds (turning Location off/on, etc). Was resigned to just waiting it out as some folks have reported it automatically start working normally again after a few weeks. The workaround I was using was to turn on HTC WiFi Router then do the Weather update. It would also update if connected to WLAN or through ActiveSync to my home network - WLAN just had to be on, it didn't actually have to be connected (as demonstrated by the WiFi Router workaround).

Anyway, hope this helps someone else as frustrated as I was. Again, it's been working flawlessly OTA since running it all the way out of battery power and charging it back up before turning it back on.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

jamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jamio88 Send a message via Yahoo to jamio88

I am running NRG CHT v1.8.5 and I also can not get Weather updates (It just says Data Not Available).

I had to manually set the location (closest location not even being that close to me). So I just ended up installing Weather4me and setting it as my default weather application.

So atleast when I click on my Weather tab I can get accurate information (However it still shows the "closest" location on the Clock, which happens to not be even close at all).

It only started doing this after I flashed my first rom, and I have no clue how to get it back to working like it use to (minus maybe going back to the Stock Sprint Rom, which I will NOT do).
Kernel: #Mean-v0.5.1728
Old 07-10-2010, 08:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

jamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jamio88 Send a message via Yahoo to jamio88

I am also in Ohio and this started on the 2nd

Apparently, us Ohians are getting screwed. I blame the Aresonal.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:33 PM
ohboygottago

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I am in Cleveland on business and experiencing the same on my TP2. I was at Best Buy today playing with the Evo and it updated just fine (it said it was on 3G) Kind of weird. The weather updated just fine when I left CA.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2