PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 01:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

DogMom is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 in reboot loop

I pressed it a few times and it resets the device each time. I suppose it is working okay and is not stuck.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:05 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

DogMom is a n00b

I have been reading through so many forums and it has occurred to me that this particular device has both CDMA and GSM modes. Is it possible that the device could be locked in GSM mode? This may explain why the CDMA ROMs that i have tried flashing are not working.

Is there a stock ROM for the HTC Touch Pro 2 GSA ROM?

Thank you!
Old 07-28-2010, 05:18 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

no your phone is not locked in GSM mode. you wouldn't flash a GSM rom on your device even if its a worldphone. because your phone is CDMA. it's not considered a GSM phone. you will surely have a very shiny paperweight if you flash a GSM rom on it.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!

Last edited by Mojary; 07-28-2010 at 05:22 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

there was not one thanks given in this whole thread. come on DogMom, show some appreciation for all the people tryin to help you out.
I went through and hooked you all up, just incase.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:26 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
there was not one thanks given in this whole thread. come on DogMom, show some appreciation for all the people tryin to help you out.
I went through and hooked you all up, just incase.
ditto
Old 07-28-2010, 05:51 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

I guess you could try running task29 and then reflashing the shipped rom.

@ razor thanks right back at ya!
Old 07-28-2010, 08:08 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogMom View Post
@willysp...Although I appreciate your advice and suggestions your implication is not appreciated.

The "real story" is that the General Manager purchased these devices over 3 months ago. The devices worked fine when we received them and we were searching for ROMs to flash so that we could eventually install a software program onto the devices. I placed the Sprint HTC TP2 device in bootloader mode to see if the seller had already unlocked the device. After exiting bootloader mode, the device went into the reboot cycle and has been that way ever since.
Wasn't implying anything. Trying to figure out why you didn't return it. You answered my question - you had it longer than 30 days before discovering the problem. Now I understand.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:30 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

DogMom is a n00b

I apologize, this is my first forum and first thread so I apologize for not knowing the proper etiquette.

I have also been more concerned with trying to fix this device because it is for work and the deadline to have the device up and running is quickly approaching.

I will give the proper thanks where it is deserved.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:39 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad

it sounds like the phone just wigged out on you all of a sudden. it's been mentioned before...have you contacted sprint yet to let them know the problem you are having with the device? because if they can't help you figure it out, they may just do a replacement under warranty.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:40 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

DogMom is a n00b

Unfortunately, this device was purchased from EBAY a couple of months ago and has no insurance or warranty. Because of this, I am willing to try any and all suggestions as there isn't much to lose at this point.

I read on the XDA-Developer forum that sometimes you have to run the relocker and then flash the stock ROM in order to get out of the reboot loop.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...22#post7402622

When I try to run the relocker, it never moves pass 0% and then it eventually times out. Anyone have any advice or suggestions on that?

Thank you!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
bootloader, flash rom, htc touch pro 2, reboot loop, sprint