PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2010, 02:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

DogMom is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 in reboot loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
if you think the sd card is bad, then take it out and leave it out. doesn't need to be in there for anything.

I've tried it both ways, but I have been trying to flash through my laptop with the SD card removed and this time I copied the nbh file to the SD card and to see if that made any difference. As I stated in the earlier post, I can see an error behind the Bootloader info, but I can't make out what it says and the ROM update loads successfully but the device remains in the reboot loop.

Last edited by DogMom; 07-30-2010 at 02:57 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:40 AM
N00b

PapaPrem is keeping up the good workPapaPrem is keeping up the good work

Just an update to my situation. I received the new battery in the mail today. The phone stays on now without the constant rebooting. I know you stated that you tried a different battery before. If you can take the phone to a cell phone store, perhaps a technician will be kind enough to test one of their batteries on your phone. Try to go to a Sprint Authorized Repair Center, but not a Sprint store. I noticed that the technicians at the non-sprint stores are more willing to help out even if the phone is out of warranty/non-insured
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:35 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

DogMom is a n00b

Wow, thanks for the update. I can't help but think that the battery is the issue here. Even though we have tried 3 different batteries, all of them are used.

I will see if I can get my hands on a new battery.

Thanks again and I am glad to hear that your device is back up and running!
Old 08-02-2010, 03:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sensation 4G

tacotoy is becoming a great contributor

make sure you dont have a sim in there.... something messed up my att sim before i switched to tmobile and i had problems left n right.....

put the phone in bootloader mode and then run the unlocker, you might have to give it a shot in manual mode. you will know when it is successful when you have the phone in bootloader and it reads that the version is something like 1.00 olinex or something like that

once you do that then run task29... IIRC task29 isn't going to load because your phone is still locked, and you have so many failed attempts at loading a rom it is better to just clear it out.

once task29 is completed then put it back in bootloader mode and try loading one of the stock roms, for sanity's sake lets use the 6.1 version.... less possiblity of glitches.

try that...

and for reference, bootloader, or also known as the tri color is accessed while the phone is off, so remove the battery and unplug the phone, then reinstall the battery. push the vol down button and the top power/sleep button depending on carrier at the same time until the bootloader screen appears

then
Old 08-02-2010, 03:20 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

DogMom is a n00b

Thank you for the suggestions and I definitely want to try it with the steps you have listed, but I have made several attempts to run the unlocker from bootloader mode before, but even in manual mode, it sits at 0% and then eventually times out. Are there different unlocker packages that I should try or what do you suggest to get through this first step?

Thank you!
Old 08-02-2010, 03:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

savage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuff

i would just take it to a sprint repair center (actual sprint store) and see what they say it couldn't hurt at all to try, they may find a quick fix.

call htc they will ask you to ship it to them, as long as it is not damaged they will fix it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:00 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

DogMom is a n00b

I took the device to a Sprint Repair Center this morning, as several of you had suggested. The guy at the store was more than willing to help. He did a soft reset, a hard reset and even tested it with a new battery. We are still stuck in the reboot loop. It was worth a try!
Old 09-10-2010, 12:36 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

JAmerican is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogMom View Post
I took the device to a Sprint Repair Center this morning, as several of you had suggested. The guy at the store was more than willing to help. He did a soft reset, a hard reset and even tested it with a new battery. We are still stuck in the reboot loop. It was worth a try!
I would activate the phone on a Sprint contract. That gives you a year's warranty instantly I believe. I got a Touch Pro 2 from someone else and I was able to get a replacement when the phone had the oil-slick problem.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep

when you are trying to flash Task29 and it is not completing... download Task29 to your PC, hook up the phone to the PC, right click task29 and select run as admin...

Does that get you any further?
Old 09-10-2010, 08:35 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

DogMom is a n00b

Thank you for the replies. We are using this as pocket PCs only, so we are not interested in typing a service contract to it.

I will try the Task 29 steps you suggested a let you know how it goes.

Thanks again!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
bootloader, flash rom, htc touch pro 2, reboot loop, sprint