PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 03:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Sense

give me a stock device, i unlock, put on a solid custom rom that has incorporated these tweaks, xda_uc any cabs, for me setup MS Exchange, and bam you are done.

seriously, that would take less than an hour....out of the box.

Radio: 2.35.00WF

Last edited by jshaas2; 05-19-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:48 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaedenRuiner View Post
. But all my applications run smoothly out-of-the-box. The idea of producing something that "requires" tweaking to run optimally is poor design. When I write a program, it runs perfectly or I don't release it.
*shrug*
J"SD"a'RR
well it ran "out of the box" just fine.... if you changed it, You messed it up.. the device runs fine for its intended purposes out of the box... but yes, one mod leads to another which leads to another, which leads to another...

either leave it how you got it(stock) or take the time to read up and figure out how to get it how you want..

we can only offer solutions if you list problems, otherwise all we can offer is useless banter supporting the idea that the User is the issue and not the device
Old 05-19-2010, 04:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Just to offer a suggestion OP, you really should try out a custom rom. I recommend Mighty's newest rom (full force or the official one, you pick. I went with the official one). I tried it, and haven't flashed a new rom since.

My phone always did work the way I wanted it to, but with Mighty's rom, it's faster than ever. I almost wish someone would try to compare an iphone or android device to mine lol.

Anyway, give custom roms a shot. And try not to throw your phone against the wall again =).
Old 05-19-2010, 04:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

fr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIP

How about you sell your TP2 and get a different device. Maybe try the Evo when it comes out...
Old 05-19-2010, 04:45 PM
mariano3113

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Okay,

The phone is practically useless without HTC Sense. I can live with the windows default screen,
J"SD"a'RR

I'm confused, you state that the phone is useless without HTC Sense and then complain about the phone not running as intended out of the box.

as far as I know my Touch Pro 2 loads HTC Sense as default. So you already changed the device from how it was intended to be used.

Also if you only release software that doesn't need to be tweaked, I take it it doesn't have any upgrades, because uprgades are tweaks.

Even a Blackberry or iPhone wouldn't help you then, because they get firmware updates all the time to play catch-up with features and to fix bugs that might have appeared over time or were over-looked in testing.

But if your final software is that good that it neither requires any additonal features that a competitor has (because you already included them), and never has any glitches or bugs even when others add incompatible software. Then you sir need to write OS and put really step the game up.

(Even a normal non-smart phone requires tweaking- such as contacts(eat up memory and decrease performance), clearing text messages and missed calls for memormy management, setting your ringtone and respective volume controls,.....I could keep going) (Having to have your phone activated by your carrier for instance....CDMA)

Nothing really just works out of the box, there is always a configure time associated with a device. The comunity here and at XDA have made it pretty simple to setup your TP2 the way it would best suit your needs. If your not willing to take 40mins - 1hour to configure your device to work like you need it then, a smartphone is not for you. (That is like wondering why your Plug'N'Play network got hacked because you didn't setup security- because you just wanted it to work out of the box. Even being propmted to allow data or GPS may be too much.)

Also as for the selecting just the number, remap the keyboard to have a control key/function (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=554240) and select the number then paste in dialer. Problem solved.

Last edited by mariano3113; 05-19-2010 at 04:49 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

i like mine. it's perfect. sounds like you picked the wrong cup o' tea.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:06 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Okay,

The phone is practically useless without HTC Sense. I can live with the windows default screen, but tapping #s in a web page messes up the "call this number" along with other situations.

but this is INTOLERABLE. I threw my HTC TP 1 in to an EFFING WALL because it wasn't reacting fast enough. If I didn't want to pay the $100 deductable, I'd have already done again 10 times since with the TP2. THis is the most worthless device. Sure it may actually be better, but it doesn't work. I click, it does nothing. I tap, it does nothing. WHY! WHY! WHY! WHY!. I'm a programmer, I know how computers CAN work, but this is pointless. Why hasn't this device been banned by the better business bureau 5 years ago. I mean, at least the TP 1 with WM6.1 worked...slow, but it worked. this doesn't even do that!
J"SD"a'RR
i'll give a 100.00 for your "broken" phone.

Old 05-19-2010, 08:08 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron238 View Post
Just to offer a suggestion OP, you really should try out a custom rom. I recommend Mighty's newest rom (full force or the official one, you pick. I went with the official one). I tried it, and haven't flashed a new rom since.

My phone always did work the way I wanted it to, but with Mighty's rom, it's faster than ever. I almost wish someone would try to compare an iphone or android device to mine lol.

Anyway, give custom roms a shot. And try not to throw your phone against the wall again =).
speaking of that, I compared opera mini5, my tp2 vs my daughter's ipod touch and it wasn't even that close how much faster my tp2 was.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:15 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
user error
ID-10t error.

David
Old 05-19-2010, 08:24 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Obviously you are very frustrated but I can't see exactly what you are having problems with. Is it sense, or the lack of it?
I liked my TP1 a lot and really like my TP2 and don't have a whole lot of problems with it. All of my paid and free apps work well on it and I'm happy. Yes, there are momnets of lag and it does require an occasional soft reset, but that is pretty much the nature of the beast with any WM device, sense or not.
Have you considered some of the programs you are running on it as the source of your problems? Have you tried one one of the custom ROM's that several of the other posters have mentioned. I have and I feel like MIghtyROM runs quite well on my device compared to the stock ROM.
Another thing you may want to consider is your memory card. If you have a slow or defective memory card, it WILL slow your device down considerably. I know that first hand. So, try swapping out the MicroSD card for another one. If you have to buy a new one, get a Class VI which is the current "high speed". Come to think of it, if you are using the same SD card from your TP1, that may be why you have the same problems.

Just a thought.

David

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2