PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 06:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511
Re: Is anyone going to get the new HTC EVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigo View Post
i havent seen any other post asking if i was going to get the evo.
i have a solution to your jerkness just dont comment lol jk
haha!
the evo has nothing to do with the tp2.... i was just trying to tell people there is a forum for everything.... sorry if you really though i was a jerk

Old 05-14-2010, 07:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rigo is keeping up the good workrigo is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidetkin511 View Post
haha!
the evo has nothing to do with the tp2.... i was just trying to tell people there is a forum for everything.... sorry if you really though i was a jerk
well for some touch pro2 owners like my self it has alot to do.. but dont worry we cool
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:44 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Yeah, but WP7 seems like MS is trying to be like Apple now, and it's frustrating. They're taking everything that's great about WM6.5 and getting rid of it, and that sucks.

For screen size, I don't know if I really want anything bigger than 4.3". I've seen 5" devices in the hands of a user in pictures and it just looks way too big for comfort. When the HD came out, I always thought that if they added a half inch to that 3.8" screen, it'd be huge, but still the perfect size. Any more than that probably wouldn't work for me. I'd like to see how big they can get and if people will even buy devices that big though...it'll be interesting to see.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

solarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Yeah, but WP7 seems like MS is trying to be like Apple now, and it's frustrating. They're taking everything that's great about WM6.5 and getting rid of it, and that sucks.

For screen size, I don't know if I really want anything bigger than 4.3". I've seen 5" devices in the hands of a user in pictures and it just looks way too big for comfort. When the HD came out, I always thought that if they added a half inch to that 3.8" screen, it'd be huge, but still the perfect size. Any more than that probably wouldn't work for me. I'd like to see how big they can get and if people will even buy devices that big though...it'll be interesting to see.
Dont knock it before its finalized... i actually just did some reading on it.. because I haven't for awhile. I found some really promising stuff for it. like this:

As we delve deeper into what current Silverlight programmers are up to in exploring Windows Phone 7, a few things are becoming evident:

Generally speaking, they love it
It's easy
There's lots of development and excitement amongst the community

Sounds like things are looking up. I doubt it will be dumbed down like apple. It seems like they are making it very easy and functional to provide maximum code portability etc.... Which is a bit more than apple and android in order of gestapo towards freedom have in their toolsets..

On a side note while looking I came across this.. no more sneaking texts at stoplights woot!!!

http://marketplace.windowsphone.com/...3Dvoicepredict

oh and for the 5" devices.. If you are carrying about 4.3 why not 5? substitute it for a slatePC. Dont even think about buying an iPad... and your good to go. Your "Everything" device. 4.3 seems bordering small still.. i want some screen real estate.

Last edited by solarflarex; 05-14-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

tt C6 is keeping up the good worktt C6 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarflarex View Post
oh and for the 5" devices.. If you are carrying about 4.3 why not 5? substitute it for a slatePC. Dont even think about buying an iPad... and your good to go. Your "Everything" device. 4.3 seems bordering small still.. i want some screen real estate.
That's EXACTLY how I feel.

If I'm FORCED to give up a physical keyboard, I need at least a 5" screen.
Old 05-15-2010, 06:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It's available for preorder at Best Buy and Radioshack. The latter offers a $20 accessory credit, and they're both priced at $199 WITHOUT rebates.

lol @ TP2 coming out at $350. After rebate D:
Old 05-15-2010, 10:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

DomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i know right? my exact thoughts! i figured the evo would be something crazy like 400 after rebate but i suppose they caved to the pressure from verizon launching the incredible at the same price. either way, i think the evo is going to be hugely successful
Old 05-16-2010, 05:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

tt C6 is keeping up the good worktt C6 is keeping up the good work

It's no deal.
You guys aren't factoring in the EXTRA $10 EVERY MONTH.

I needed a physical keyboard, so I was thinking about passing anyway.

I WILL NEVER ALLOW MY MONTHLY SERVICE FEE TO BE AFFECTED BY THE HARDWARE I CARRY.
Anyone who let's themselves get raped like this is an idiot.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:39 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt C6 View Post
It's no deal.
You guys aren't factoring in the EXTRA $10 EVERY MONTH.

I needed a physical keyboard, so I was thinking about passing anyway.

I WILL NEVER ALLOW MY MONTHLY SERVICE FEE TO BE AFFECTED BY THE HARDWARE I CARRY.
Anyone who let's themselves get raped like this is an idiot.
unless you are on sero, you already do. do you have an everything plan? that isn't necessary with a flip phone.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Dell Axim x5
Carrier: Boost

tekdemon is just getting started

Sprint's been pretty good lately...the one time they billed me for overage I called up and they waived it for me no problems at all. I do remember how it used to be pretty bad a few years back but recently they've always answered the phone pretty quick and taken care of me well. YMMV of course but I think on average their service is much improved.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2