PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 07:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

Cranemachine is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Cranemachine Send a message via Skype™ to Cranemachine
Question Is anyone going to get the new HTC EVO

I am currently a VZW customer and I am just so tired of their antics. I am tired of my bill being different amounts every month even though nothing changes. I am tired of their phone selection. I think they truly believe they can get away with so much because they have the most customers.

I believe Android is the future and am VERY excited for a phone with these specs! I understand I wont have 4G right away because it isnt available in my area, but having the options available and an amazing phone is worth it to me. Sprint here we come
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:53 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Is anyone going to get the new HTC EVO

theres a phone coming out called the EVO??? and its 4G??? no way!?!?! lol

yes, a think theres quite a few of us that are going to get it
Old 05-14-2010, 08:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Although I am no Verizon fanboy by any means, I had FAR FAR more billing problems with Sprint than I have ever had with Verizon (I have never had ANY with VZ).

I had VZ, switched to Sprint for 2 years (actually a little less than 2 years as I ended up paying the EFT so I could dump Sprint) & went back to VZ.

I am not thrilled with VZ's phone selection either (I really want an HD2) but I still love my TP2 (it still does a lot of things an Android phone cannot do) so I am staying with that setup for the forseeable future.

~John
Old 05-14-2010, 10:02 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

If you're expecting something better with Sprint, you're not going to find it. I think their customer service is just as bad as Verizon, if not worse. But...they do have much cheaper plans and the Evo is coming.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907

Another one of these threads? I've never heard of the EVO either? And whats this new Incredible phone from Verizon? Hmmmmm

In all seriousness, lots of people are looking at EVO, but at the same time lots of people are sticking with their TP2's.

My opinion: If I was up for contract renewal, EVO would be mine. That is, if I was willing to switch to Sprint

Don't click me
Old 05-14-2010, 10:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE

Da Uniq 1 is keeping up the good workDa Uniq 1 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via MSN to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via Yahoo to Da Uniq 1

If Android is the future, VZ already had like 3 supposedly hot to def Android phones now right? And Why is this in the HTC Touch Pro 2 section?

I amd going to move from win Mo to Android EVO. And I am staying with Sprint. Noone can match my current plan, pricing or perks. and I'm absolutley happy with the service. Been with them since 2001.

And no I'm not a fanboy. Just like what I'm getting lol
Old 05-14-2010, 10:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

im gonna pick 1 up the day they come out
Old 05-14-2010, 11:45 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

revaaron is keeping up the good workrevaaron is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

If it had a full keyboard, in a heartbeat.
If it had a good snap on thumbkeyboard, 50/50.

since neither of those are true, no. If I wanted a phone with out a keyboard, i would wait for the new iPhone.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:11 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by revaaron View Post
If it had a full keyboard, in a heartbeat.
If it had a good snap on thumbkeyboard, 50/50.

since neither of those are true, no. If I wanted a phone with out a keyboard, i would wait for the new iPhone.
You'd rather have an enclosed and proprietary attachment needy platform with a smaller screen made by a pompous company than the Evo?
Old 05-14-2010, 12:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

Cranemachine is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to Cranemachine Send a message via Skype™ to Cranemachine

There is NO way I am going to wait for the new iPhone. Just NOT my cup of tea. I have an iTouch and that is good enough for me. I appreciate all your input and thoughts, I was just curious if I was the only one switching companies & phones for the new EVO.

I am also not sure how Sprint got the jump on this phone? How did that work out?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2