PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 07:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rigo is keeping up the good workrigo is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is anyone going to get the new HTC EVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidetkin511 View Post
haha!
the evo has nothing to do with the tp2.... i was just trying to tell people there is a forum for everything.... sorry if you really though i was a jerk
well for some touch pro2 owners like my self it has alot to do.. but dont worry we cool
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-15-2010, 06:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It's available for preorder at Best Buy and Radioshack. The latter offers a $20 accessory credit, and they're both priced at $199 WITHOUT rebates.

lol @ TP2 coming out at $350. After rebate D:
Old 05-15-2010, 10:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

DomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i know right? my exact thoughts! i figured the evo would be something crazy like 400 after rebate but i suppose they caved to the pressure from verizon launching the incredible at the same price. either way, i think the evo is going to be hugely successful
Old 05-16-2010, 05:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

tt C6 is keeping up the good worktt C6 is keeping up the good work

It's no deal.
You guys aren't factoring in the EXTRA $10 EVERY MONTH.

I needed a physical keyboard, so I was thinking about passing anyway.

I WILL NEVER ALLOW MY MONTHLY SERVICE FEE TO BE AFFECTED BY THE HARDWARE I CARRY.
Anyone who let's themselves get raped like this is an idiot.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Probably not. Wishing for something like the Touch Pro 2 with a snapdragon. I'm sure something might come up that's 6.5 still. Wishful thinking?
Old 05-16-2010, 06:58 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt C6 View Post
I WILL NEVER ALLOW MY MONTHLY SERVICE FEE TO BE AFFECTED BY THE HARDWARE I CARRY.
I'd say that's a little harsh. Maybe $10 just isn't a lot of money to most people. I can guarantee to your right now that I will use my Evo for at least 3x the amount of internet stuff that I do with my TP2, so the charge, although unfair to some, doesn't really bother me that much. I'm sure you can sweet talk a rep into waiving it anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrush View Post
Probably not. Wishing for something like the Touch Pro 2 with a snapdragon. I'm sure something might come up that's 6.5 still. Wishful thinking?
Yes, wishful thinking. I'm fairly certain wm6.x is done now.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Dell Axim x5
Carrier: Boost

tekdemon is just getting started

Sprint's been pretty good lately...the one time they billed me for overage I called up and they waived it for me no problems at all. I do remember how it used to be pretty bad a few years back but recently they've always answered the phone pretty quick and taken care of me well. YMMV of course but I think on average their service is much improved.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Sprint TP2 6.5 stock: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

idk what i will do ... im due for a full upgrade & the money isnt an issue as far as the phone itself or the extra 10 a month. the lack of a physical keyboard sux big time .. what phone is next for sprint besides evo ? anything with a kb ? i never understood why phone designers dont take into consideration what the masses prefer ina phone & make a phone that way. i wanna huge screen, trackball, full keyboard like tp2 & something that is fast like droid with free apps 2 =)
Old 05-16-2010, 10:37 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Dude, I'm sorry, but it sounds like you have no idea what you're talking about. iPhone is proprietary hardware because of its stupid Apple port, while Android phones have a standard micro USB, and the EVO has a standard micro HDMI. Nothing proprietary about that. I like that I can use cables that I already have laying around...and they're cheap to buy more.

Also, about the app development, Android has an OPEN market. Anyone can code for it. That means amateurs and professionals alike. I've seen tons of professional applications on the Android platform and they're fantastic. So are the amateurs' ones as well. Even if it's not on the market, you can manually install .apk files anyway, so it doesn't matter. Sure beats what MS has going on right now (from a dev prospective such as mine).

Android programs are coded in the Java EE environment, and I can pretty much guarantee more people in the world know Java than know Apple's stupid XCode crap or whatever they use. Mark my words, Android's market will be twice the size of Apple's market within the next two years easily...and with more free apps. Not to mention I read that Froyo will bring JIT to the table allowing for easier coding on the dev side.

I'm really trying hard not to be an ass here, but you're making statements as if they're factual, but they're really just based on your opinion and what you think is true...but these are the facts.

EDIT: I'd also like to state my opinion as well. I've been a huge supporter of WM since WM5, but I really don't think WP7 is going to work out as well as they hope. It's quite sad, because I was looking forward to the new WP7, but I don't like what I see, and I don't think many others do either. I hate to say it, but I'd rather own an iPhone than a WP7 device...and I hate Apple passionately.
why are you so down on wp7? according to all the reports I have read or heard, it is going to be easier for developers, because of silverlight. also, to port a program from one thing to another (pc/xbox/mobile) will require very little changes.

Old 05-16-2010, 10:39 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt C6 View Post
It's no deal.
You guys aren't factoring in the EXTRA $10 EVERY MONTH.

I needed a physical keyboard, so I was thinking about passing anyway.

unless you are on sero, you already do. do you have an everything plan? that isn't necessary with a flip phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2