PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 10:15 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Will you move from a TP2 to an EVO even if you have to Pay for Premium Plan?

I made the switch to a newer plan recently so I am ready to get the Evo 4G. LOL at people that dont want to pay just a little bit more for a nicer device.

Im not bad talking but I get bored with my phones very very very quickly. In the 10 years that I have been with Sprint, I do not even know where to start counting how many devices that I have been through with Sprint. And the count will keep on getting higher and higher lulz.

Now I can even use more devices with a new everything data plan

I <3 Android
Old 05-11-2010, 10:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Will you move from a TP2 to an EVO even if you have to Pay for Premium Plan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2wishin View Post
If it's really between my SERO plan and the EVO, I'll keep my plan lol.
Right on. The Evo is for a year or two, SERO is forever. Well, sorta.

Though I've probably saved enough money on SERO in the 4-5 years to buy another TouchPro2 and activate it on a separate line. That's kinda like an Evo, right?
Old 05-11-2010, 12:37 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

No, I refuse to upgrade if they force me into a new plan. If they start doing that for one phone then they are going to do it for all of them. If we keep accepting schemes like that then we're all gonna eventually be screwed when we really have to upgrade our phones.

I recently got the upgrade fever when I started getting tired of my TP1 and went to sprint to get either the Hero or Moment. Purchasing either one required me to "upgrade my plan" even though I am already on an unlimited data plan. However, it was going to cost me $30.00 more a month just for the luxury of owning an android. I ended up going with a TP2 which I am absolutely happy with but still had to agrue the point about upgrading my plan. Sprint settled on allowing me to go from one tp to teh other but not the droid. (after I told tehm I was going to go to verizon or t-mobile)

Its kind of like going to buy a new car and the dealer tells you that you have to pay and extra $2.00 per gallon because you bought a new model. No thanks.

David
Old 05-11-2010, 02:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

dakidobf is keeping up the good workdakidobf is keeping up the good work

I don't see how they can charge you extra for 4g when its not rolled out everywhere yet. I'm in Baltimore which has 4g, but if i go on vacation to a city/state without 4g coverage, are they going to rebate me my 4g fee for the week I was out of town?

I can understand if there is a video calling fee, or fees for other "add-ons" but not for 4g.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:18 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99accordv6 View Post
. LOL at people that dont want to pay just a little bit more for a nicer device.
I AM willing to pay a little more for a nicer device. But, like others have said, I am not willing to pay more for the same SERVICE and Features I already have, just to use the device!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:23 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

I will for sure
Old 05-12-2010, 05:43 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
No, I refuse to upgrade if they force me into a new plan. If they start doing that for one phone then they are going to do it for all of them. If we keep accepting schemes like that then we're all gonna eventually be screwed when we really have to upgrade our phones.

I recently got the upgrade fever when I started getting tired of my TP1 and went to sprint to get either the Hero or Moment. Purchasing either one required me to "upgrade my plan" even though I am already on an unlimited data plan. However, it was going to cost me $30.00 more a month just for the luxury of owning an android. I ended up going with a TP2 which I am absolutely happy with but still had to agrue the point about upgrading my plan. Sprint settled on allowing me to go from one tp to teh other but not the droid. (after I told tehm I was going to go to verizon or t-mobile)

Its kind of like going to buy a new car and the dealer tells you that you have to pay and extra $2.00 per gallon because you bought a new model. No thanks.

David
you're an RT, take a deep breath, let it out slowly.
no offense but by your analogy, you are still paying .89 for a gallon of gas and are complaining about it.
they allowed you to get the tp2 because winmo is still allowed on sero. ZERO android phones are allowed on it. they are phasing it out. ride it as long as possible, then come join the rest of us in the real world.

Old 05-12-2010, 05:44 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakidobf View Post
I don't see how they can charge you extra for 4g when its not rolled out everywhere yet. I'm in Baltimore which has 4g, but if i go on vacation to a city/state without 4g coverage, are they going to rebate me my 4g fee for the week I was out of town?

I can understand if there is a video calling fee, or fees for other "add-ons" but not for 4g.
there are not going to be any price differences for having the evo. it will require an everything data plan, nothing else (so sprint is telling me).
Old 05-12-2010, 07:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo 3D
Carrier: sprint

Louiedoesit is just getting started

$10 for 4G & $ 29.99 for hotspot = $39.99
Old 05-12-2010, 08:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louiedoesit View Post
$10 for 4G & $ 29.99 for hotspot = $39.99
Is this confirmed, and do you have a link?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
htc evo touc pro 2 tp2