PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2010, 02:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero 2.1updated
Carrier: Sprint

Mac11700 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Will you move from a TP2 to an EVO even if you have to Pay for Premium Plan?

Hi Folks

Brand new here and to Sprint after moving from Verison,so I am new to all of their plans and just switched to the WM 6.1 TP 2 Sprint from the Sprint Hero Android..Gotta say so far I really love this phone. I'm on a 4 phone family plan with a corp 23% discount btw. All 4 of us had the Hero's and as of yesterday evening made the switch to the TP 2. I still am within my 30 return window,and am very glad to make the switch from the pos Hero I had to this phone..All of the android Hero's my family has,have been back to the Sprint store at least 4 times,mine was the only one up till yesterday that hadn't had a issue. It flat locked up on me while at work and almost seemed like it got bricked from normal usage. No additional apps were downloaded except for the recommended app killer and compass.

Will I be switching back and paying more,no I won't,nor will any of my family.While the 3g of sprints is nice,it is still spotty here in St.Louis and I sincerely doubt the 4g will be any better.As far as switching back to a all touch phone,no,it is not worth it to me.As I told the fine folks at the Sprint store last night,I need a phone that the touch screen works,and from having 7 different Hero's in our home in the last 20 days,I don't think they are all that great.This TP2 works great not only when sitting at my desk or driving in the car..but while walking as well,and that is something the Hero couldn't do at all with out causing problems.

I have a long way to go as far as learning all of this phones capabilities,and also all of it's quirks,but from what I have seen of you folks here and the work arounds all of you fine folks have posted,I feel I made the right decision.

As a newbie to these smart phones,I have immersed myself in learning as much as I can about them,so I looked very carefully at this one before making the switch to it. I am sure when the new android system is available for download for the Hero's,many will opt to try it,but will drop them when they have to pay out more for something IMHO that is still buggy. besides,from what little I have seen in the short time I have been reading this forum,there will be something better brought out for these phones,cause for those who love a good key pad,nothing I've found can really compare to them and would be a real waste if allowed to die. As to switching to a new phone just to get it,absolutely not.
Thanks All..keep up the good work and a great site.

Mac

Last edited by Mac11700; 05-16-2010 at 02:10 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 04:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

xxceenotexx is just getting started
Re: Will you move from a TP2 to an EVO even if you have to Pay for Premium Plan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westfire View Post
I bet there will be special plans as well but I don't think they will be more than what you are paying now for everything. If that is the case, you would be silly not to switch.

I am getting this phone but I know my plan will increase because I am on a family plan for $89 and my phone has unlimited everything but the other phone does not. Sprint gave me free unlimited texts because of the hassles last time I changed plans. But even if my plan goes up some, I am still getting this phone.
I'm not getting it but that's REAL TALK!
Old 05-16-2010, 08:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

wildpig is keeping up the good workwildpig is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac11700 View Post
Hi Folks

Brand new here and to Sprint after moving from Verison,..

Mac
i take it that you are completely new to sprint? Don't get offended, but are you a power WM user or on SERO?

The reasons: if you are not on SERO,and if you are not into WM 6.5,then you should have prob got the Evo.

If it wasn't for SERO (unequaled monthly low cost), and WM6.5(extenSive user customization and no need to rely on appstore), there's not much reason to stay w/TP2 obsolete hardware
Old 05-16-2010, 10:00 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryNat View Post
Yeah, I have never understood the premium folks are willing to pay for the iPhone and I am a mac guy.

My point is not whether I want 4G or not. It is the concept of forcing folks to pay for services they do not need or cannot use. I look at the everything plan the same way. Great if you use that many minutes and text like a madman. I am old, so I don't text much and most of my calls are to other Sprint phones, so I don't need the minutes. I need the data.

On a side note - Dude, your post was at 4:30 am and you are still up? That is some dedicated posting.
yep, on here 24/7!!! not really, on here at night because I work nights.

Old 05-24-2010, 03:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have a Diamond, not a Touch Pro 2, (but the topic of switching plans still applies,) and my Mom has a Motorola V20. She is 79 years old and uses only a few minutes a month, and doesn't use Data or Texting. I am on the F&C Family 2000 Plan with TEP and 15% Employee Discount. I have a MRC of $112.00 which includes Taxes and Surcharges.
In order to purchase the Evo, or most any of Sprint's newer Devices, I would have to switch to a Simply Everything or one of their Data Plans. The plan which would be similar to what I have now, which includes 2 lines, is the 1500 minute Data Plan, I think That plan, with 500 less minutes, would cost me approx. $170.00 per month (I don't know if I would keep my Discount of 15%) That is almost an additional $60 per month which is $1440.00 over each 2 year contract period.
and I would not get my 5pm minutes, or Pick 3 add ons. 1500 minutes may not be enough for me, and I would have to get a higher priced plan which would cost me an additional $80.00 / per month, or an additional $1920.00 over each 2 Year contract period
Those kind of MRC's are really unacceptable to me financially, and doesn't even make good business sense to me.
It would be nice if Sprint would be able to take into consideration situations like mine, where the 2nd line is used so infrequently, yet is necessary for the well being of the people involved, that an exception could be made for plan requirements for these Newer Devices. Whether it was a Discount, or if Sprint was able to Deny Data and Texting for the 2nd line, or even cap the minutes, so there would be no questions regarding abusing the 2nd line regarding Usage of Voice and/or Data, etc. if it is known from the beginning.
I am getting tired of my Diamond though. I have so many Tweaks and Programs downloaded to it , that it takes me hours and hours to download them all, Every time I need to do an ESN Swap which has been every couple of months with these Diamonds. I got it running real nice and all, but there are failures regarding the magnet, touch screen, etc. which occur all too often.
Slighty off topic, but I have always made the above changes myself, without ever downloading a Cooked ROM which has been a mistake time wise. As these ROMS most likely have all of the changes and add ons I have made. BUT I cannot find any of MightMike's or Juicy's ROMS. When I do find them, and click on the link, they are no longer there. Any help is appreciated.
I clicked on the Link in the first post, but it takes me to an Unsafe screen, without any downloads available.
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin

Last edited by Biker1; 05-24-2010 at 03:22 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
htc evo touc pro 2 tp2