PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2010, 06:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™
Carrier: Sprint

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Another SOD Story

there were different version of unlocker. some had issues with first one. they redid some coding for latest one. i relocked the unlocked with newest with no issues.

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 09-20-2010, 12:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

NSTar is a n00b

Did the problem ever get resolved? I think it needs some cleaning...seems like if I pressed the power button at a certain angle, it switches on. Then after a few days, SOD.

My phone is now left on all the time so that I don't have to reset it.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:42 AM
N00b

NSTar is a n00b

Ok... my SOD has to do with the usb... weird, didn't know that it somehow affect the screen. Kept thinking it's the power button.

So, what I did was stick the charger in and then bend the charger, at the base of the phone, down.

Some how, the freakn phone started working properly. So I decided to bend a little harder because I kept on having to do that to turn it on. Click... so it lasted for a days... Well, today I had to bend it again.

frustrated, I wanted to open the damn phone up. Couldn't because it uses a special tool.

So I bent it harder... LOL, not it was just a little too hard. Oh well, I now keep my phone on and don't let it sleep.

If you guys have the tool to open it...this is where the problem is for SOD. I think it's due to putting your phone in your pocket and the case callapsing or having the phone charged too long and it somehow loosen the usb plug.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 - Energy 6.5 ROM

Erythros is keeping up the good workErythros is keeping up the good work

I have encountered the dreaded SOD and found that if I held the power button and the END button for a few seconds the button lights would come ON. I release the END key then repress it and I am able to come out of the SOD.
I have not had it for a while and that is how I remember coming out of it.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

are you guys sure its a SOD? me an a few other guys here had a similar issue. our problem was that it was not truly a SOD. my phone got to the point where it would never wake from sleep mode. the screen and everything would turn on but nothing would appear, screen was still black. the screen and everything was still usable but nothing showed up. i could turn the volume up/down using the volume buttons and the screen... if i pressed the volume button and the slid my finger up and down where the volume bar would normally be on the screen, the volume changed. so this proved to us that the screen was actually on, just not showing anything.

how about you guys try that. after you try and turn the screen on, see if you can press the volume key once then slide your finger up and down where the volume should appear on the screen and see if the volume changes... if it changes, more than likely your ribbon cable is either lose or tore a little. someone here that was having this same issue took their's to a repair center and they confirmed it was the ribbon cable, this is the cable that allows the screen to slide and tilt. try this and let me know. i really think its the ribbon cable. Let me know. here is the thread where we discussed this issue.
forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-pro-2/134075-screen-not-turning-after-sleep-but-not-sod.html

this drove me crazy, even after several hard reset, my screen still would not come all the way on. the first time it went to sleep after a hard reset, it refused to completely wake.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 - Energy 6.5 ROM

Erythros is keeping up the good workErythros is keeping up the good work

NOthing worked for me until I found that button combination...
Previously I would have to remove the cover and soft reset.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Ph33zy is becoming a great contributor

for those getting SODs... are you guys using gmail with IMAP (with Sense loaded)? i found that gmail with POP seems to help out...
Old 10-03-2010, 05:16 AM
N00b

NSTar is a n00b

Everything worked for me...volume, etc... just the screen doesn't come on. There is something loose in the minu usb connection. I used to think it was a stuck power button.

I first thought it was a software/rom issue. Tried many roms and wipes and same result. Tried pushing the power buttons many ways.. worked some times...but that's because by pressing the power button a certain way, I was also moving the usb ever slightly...made it work.

Then finally, I put in the usb plug and pressed down (opposite direction of the screen) and it worked for a while until it settles back into place... thus preventing the screen from coming on again. There is some dependency there..., I switched to droid and it still does the screen of death too... the usb method also works on the droid.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSTar View Post
Everything worked for me...volume, etc... just the screen doesn't come on. There is something loose in the minu usb connection. I used to think it was a stuck power button.

I first thought it was a software/rom issue. Tried many roms and wipes and same result. Tried pushing the power buttons many ways.. worked some times...but that's because by pressing the power button a certain way, I was also moving the usb ever slightly...made it work.

Then finally, I put in the usb plug and pressed down (opposite direction of the screen) and it worked for a while until it settles back into place... thus preventing the screen from coming on again. There is some dependency there..., I switched to droid and it still does the screen of death too... the usb method also works on the droid.
well its a hardware issue. the phone should still under warranty. have you tried to get a replacement? your phone is doin the same thing my previous tp2 was doing and i got mine replaced.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:57 AM
N00b

NSTar is a n00b

I can't... it's been over a year, plus, I've dropped the phone many times. So, I'm more likely having to get a new phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
flashing, s.o.d., screen of death, sod, standby of death