View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 01:21 PM
puff601
Almost a VIP

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Another SOD Story

are you guys sure its a SOD? me an a few other guys here had a similar issue. our problem was that it was not truly a SOD. my phone got to the point where it would never wake from sleep mode. the screen and everything would turn on but nothing would appear, screen was still black. the screen and everything was still usable but nothing showed up. i could turn the volume up/down using the volume buttons and the screen... if i pressed the volume button and the slid my finger up and down where the volume bar would normally be on the screen, the volume changed. so this proved to us that the screen was actually on, just not showing anything.

how about you guys try that. after you try and turn the screen on, see if you can press the volume key once then slide your finger up and down where the volume should appear on the screen and see if the volume changes... if it changes, more than likely your ribbon cable is either lose or tore a little. someone here that was having this same issue took their's to a repair center and they confirmed it was the ribbon cable, this is the cable that allows the screen to slide and tilt. try this and let me know. i really think its the ribbon cable. Let me know. here is the thread where we discussed this issue.
forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-pro-2/134075-screen-not-turning-after-sleep-but-not-sod.html

this drove me crazy, even after several hard reset, my screen still would not come all the way on. the first time it went to sleep after a hard reset, it refused to completely wake.