PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Another SOD Story (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=118169)

afripino 04-15-2010 03:51 PM

Another SOD Story

Ok....I've scoured the threads and I'd like for us to finally put our heads together to figure out the cause and solution for SOD's. Mine started yesterday after flashing to ZONE-ROM. I'm not new to the ROM flashing game. I've been flashing custom ROM's since my PPC-6700 then Treo 700WX, then Touch Pro, and now my Touch Pro 2. I, like many of you, am a flashaholic. I was previously on MightyROM (latest release) with no problems since the initial release, so I'm really hating the phone's lack of reliability now.

I've done a bit of looking around, and this topic has been mentioned quite often, so I'll keep the first post brief. So far I've tried (in order)....

1. Flashing Stock (Sprint 6.5 Official) then hard reset - SOD
2. Ziggy's HTCServices.dll cab - SOD
3. Flashing back to MightyROM then hard reset - SOD
4. Ziggy's HTCServices.dll cab - SOD
5. Flashing Stock (Sprint 6.1 Official) then hard reset - SOD
6. Ziggy's HTCServices.dll cab - SOD
7. Task29 then flashing Stock (Sprint 6.1 Official) then hard reset - SOD
8. Ziggy's HTCServices.dll cab - SOD
9. Task29 then flashing Stock (Sprint 6.5 Official) then hard reset - SOD
10. Ziggy's HTCServices.dll cab - SOD
11. Task29 then flashing MightyROM then hard reset - SOD
12. Ziggy's HTCServices.dll cab - SOD

I am hard resetting after each flash. I don't think it has anything to do with Sense as the SOD occurs on the splash screen as well even with Sense disabled on any of these ROM's. My next attempt will be to flash a non-Sense (Titanium only) ROM, but it seems this will probably fail as well.

Anybody else have any ideas? It's quite a few people out there with SOD issues and I hope through this thread we can get everyone back on their feet (well....back on their phones at least).

afripino 04-15-2010 03:58 PM

Re: Another SOD Story

Also, I've tried taking the SIM out since some people were blaming the SIM as the cause, still SOD'ing.
Also, SD card isn't the issue, still SOD'ing after SD removed.

clueless25 04-15-2010 07:29 PM

SOD's can occur if the use by date is not removed by the rom maker.. But sounds like if you flashed stock, you've got something old on your phone not going bye bye... try the task29 to wipe the memory on the phone... then try another rom.

kaos 04-15-2010 08:57 PM

what unlocker you use? i used first one when day of release and had these issues. relocked went stock 6.5 update. unlocked with latest hard spl. then flashed custom no issues since.

Deimoss 04-15-2010 09:06 PM

try deleting unneccesary or odd looking generated files from your SD card, if not just try booting without it

If you've already tried this i apologize, i just did not see it mentioned in the process of trial and error, Good luck it seems an odd issue

JDM_SOHC 04-15-2010 09:23 PM

Same shit with my girls phone.. Her's does SOD on every ROM but stock....

afripino 04-15-2010 09:29 PM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

I already tried task29 as described in the attempts above. Also tried booting without SD card as noted above.

I did find out something though...

Through dumb luck I found that the cause of my SOD is my Ext-USB connector on the bottom of the phone. It happens randomly when I unplug either a USB cable or charger. It goes away when I plug the charger into the phone and "jiggle" the connector at the phone. If I slowly remove the cable I can operate the phone without the SOD, but it will return if I quickly yank out the cord. Can anybody else try this out and see if that fixes any SODs out there? Who woulda thought it was hardware all along? At least for me it is...

afripino 04-15-2010 09:32 PM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

As far as HSPL goes, I'm on the first one that came out. Should I switch to the latest one? Any benefits? I always thought it was a one time deal with Olinex and once you were unlocked you could only relock and that was it.

THE-COPS 04-16-2010 03:59 AM

There's another unlocker besides Olinex's ?

What is SOD?

EDIT [ I'm assuming that is Screen Of Death?

Deimoss 04-16-2010 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE-COPS (Post 1702205)
There's another unlocker besides Olinex's ?

What is SOD?

EDIT [ I'm assuming that is Screen Of Death?

Sleep of Death..