PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2010, 07:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: the one that slides open
Carrier: Douchebags

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Overclock TP2 in WM?

I installed netrippersv2 and setcpuspeed and the phone would freeze after a cal and the screen wouldn't turn back on after the proximity sensor turned it off.

I followed this post from Xda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qzytor
Hey guys this is how overclocking is working on Blackstone, on ac or battery power, without having gps etc on. Stable at 672 MHz. and the phone is that much more snappier.

Install NetRippers Msm7kCpuSpeed App.
Install SetCpuSpeed v1.0d on SD card.
Take SD card out and soft reset the phone.
Open registry.
Go to HKLM\Software\Msm7kCpuSpeed.
Edit the values as below:

BootTime = 90000 (This is important. This value gives enough time for the
phone to fully boot up. The phone has to fully boot up
before the OC kicks in)
CheckTime = 20 (Stable at 20, otherwise yoyos between base and OCed
cpu speed)
Command = 0
PerfomanceLevel = 35 (This speed is stable for me without SOD)
ScreenOffPerfomanceLevel = 28
SettlingTime = 10

Close Registry editor, insert SD card in the phone and soft reset the phone.
Once the phone has fully boot up, give it a minute before opening NetRippers Msm7kCpuSpeed and you should see your OCed cpu speed.
If your OC cpu speed isnt stable then take your SD card out,soft reset the phone and registry edit PerfomanceLevel to a lower value.

SKTools Benchmark at 672 MHz:
Intiger = 416.5933 Moves/25 usec.(At stock speed Intiger = 332.6351)
Floating point = 9.56 MWIPS. (At stock speed Floating point = 7.47 MWIPS)

I haven't tested it but this should also work on SEX1 and Touch Diamond.
In response to that this was posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizzlefey View Post
I am trying this on my Touch Pro. It seems to work. the trick must be in the check time in order to stop the yoyoing between default speed and the set oc speed.
After soft reset and speed verified via msm7k
710 MHZ Integer 441.6989 moves/usec
710 MHZ Floating Point 10.226 mwips
After soft reset with sd card pulled
528 MHZ Integer 326.6096 moves/usec
528 MHZ Floating Point 7.603 mwips

I went back into setcpuspeed and all the settings were lower (I assume that you are mauanlly changing the setting with these registry edits??)

Bumped them back up and now the phone doesn't lock up during/after a call.

I did have it on the higest setting, but it gave the "error, program has to quit" or whatever it says, so I bumped it back to 729 I think. 604 and 200.

I have no idea what I'm doing, btw, so maybe this will help someone?

EDIT: if I let it sleep, it says Error calculting the CPU frequency, exiting on Msm7kcpuspeed.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobturismo View Post
I followed this post from Xda.
The description " yoyo-ing between default & overclocked" is exactly what I have been experiencing on certain roms.
It would go fast during a task, then seem to lag and go slower when it was idle and I first started re-using it.
That must explain also why some roms seem to run smoother overclocked, less hesitation-to-speed jerkyness...
and on other roms, Sense doesnt crash as easily.
Need more testing...

Last edited by Maxx134; 08-04-2010 at 08:27 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.3521/19.892; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV
Question about the OC_Autov4.1 script.

I had been using the setcpuspeed-1.0d.cab, but just moved to the OC_Auto4.1 script. Everything was working with setcpuspeed, but I like the flexibility of the OC_Auto4.1 script.

I uninstalled the setcpuspeed-1.0d cab, verified it was gone. I then put the OC* scripts onto my storage card, and created a link from the storage card\OC_Auto4.1.mscr to \windows\startup

I then ran OC_Auto4.1_GUI.mscr and setup the settings I wanted, I chose not to setup a failsafe mode.

I then soft reset and used msm7kcpuspeed to verify the cpu speed and it is set to 528, not the710 I configured it for. I then manually set the speed to 710 and it stays there. I can see mortscript.exe running. Why isn't the cpu speed getting set to 710 (configured value) automatically upon soft reset?

Is there a way I can tell if the mortscript.exe running is OC_Auto4.1?

thanks,
dave
where do you have net rippers app installed? needs to be in default location on device not on storage card
Old 08-04-2010, 08:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.3521/19.892; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobturismo
I installed netrippersv2 and setcpuspeed and the phone would freeze after a cal and the screen wouldn't turn back on after the proximity sensor turned it off.

I followed this post from Xda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qzytor
Hey guys this is how overclocking is working on Blackstone, on ac or battery power, without having gps etc on. Stable at 672 MHz. and the phone is that much more snappier.

Install NetRippers Msm7kCpuSpeed App.
Install SetCpuSpeed v1.0d on SD card.
Take SD card out and soft reset the phone.
Open registry.
Go to HKLM\Software\Msm7kCpuSpeed.
Edit the values as below:

BootTime = 90000 (This is important. This value gives enough time for the
phone to fully boot up. The phone has to fully boot up
before the OC kicks in)
CheckTime = 20 (Stable at 20, otherwise yoyos between base and OCed
cpu speed)
Command = 0
PerfomanceLevel = 35 (This speed is stable for me without SOD)
ScreenOffPerfomanceLevel = 28
SettlingTime = 10

Close Registry editor, insert SD card in the phone and soft reset the phone.
Once the phone has fully boot up, give it a minute before opening NetRippers Msm7kCpuSpeed and you should see your OCed cpu speed.
If your OC cpu speed isnt stable then take your SD card out,soft reset the phone and registry edit PerfomanceLevel to a lower value.

SKTools Benchmark at 672 MHz:
Intiger = 416.5933 Moves/25 usec.(At stock speed Intiger = 332.6351)
Floating point = 9.56 MWIPS. (At stock speed Floating point = 7.47 MWIPS)

I haven't tested it but this should also work on SEX1 and Touch Diamond.
In response to that this was posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizzlefey View Post
I am trying this on my Touch Pro. It seems to work. the trick must be in the check time in order to stop the yoyoing between default speed and the set oc speed.
After soft reset and speed verified via msm7k
710 MHZ Integer 441.6989 moves/usec
710 MHZ Floating Point 10.226 mwips
After soft reset with sd card pulled
528 MHZ Integer 326.6096 moves/usec
528 MHZ Floating Point 7.603 mwips

I went back into setcpuspeed and all the settings were lower (I assume that you are mauanlly changing the setting with these registry edits??)

Bumped them back up and now the phone doesn't lock up during/after a call.

I did have it on the higest setting, but it gave the "error, program has to quit" or whatever it says, so I bumped it back to 729 I think. 604 and 200.

I have no idea what I'm doing, btw, so maybe this will help someone?

EDIT: if I let it sleep, it says Error calculting the CPU frequency, exiting on Msm7kcpuspeed.
set cpu speed does not throttle during calls. try the oc auto script method
Old 08-04-2010, 08:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

lovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayr1482 View Post

where do you have net rippers app installed? needs to be in default location on device not on storage card
OK that was my problem, I had it installed on the storage card.
All appears to be working now.

thanks,
dave
Old 08-05-2010, 12:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

meechieervin is keeping up the good workmeechieervin is keeping up the good work

i found this over at xda for the people still getting sod when talking on the phone i change HCKU/Control Panel/Phone/Sleep to 0
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: the one that slides open
Carrier: Douchebags

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayr1482 View Post

set cpu speed does not throttle during calls. try the oc auto script method
ever since I did those registry tweaks, it doesn't lock up anymore.

I have setcpupeed set to 768 currently, when I check netrippers prog it says 710. I tried the highest setting in setcpuspeeed and it would crash touchflo

interestingly I'm using wifi router right now and checked it and it said 528...
Old 08-05-2010, 03:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

85stang is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by meechieervin View Post
i found this over at xda for the people still getting sod when talking on the phone i change HCKU/Control Panel/Phone/Sleep to 0
I can confirm this fixes the SOD when using SetCpuSpeed I was getting SOD after every call when using setCpuspeed 1.0d Changing this registry settting has fixed it. that was the only issue so far. running 748Mhz and stable. no scripts required, only one cab to install, and one registry edit, done!
Old 08-05-2010, 05:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Current:EVO!!!MY FAV! Old: Mogul and Touch Pro

gokuman56 is keeping up the good workgokuman56 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85stang View Post
I can confirm this fixes the SOD when using SetCpuSpeed I was getting SOD after every call when using setCpuspeed 1.0d Changing this registry settting has fixed it. that was the only issue so far. running 748Mhz and stable. no scripts required, only one cab to install, and one registry edit, done!
Can someone summarize the highest overclock frequency for the touch pro on battery with all the settings, I can't overclock it on battery, only AC, but can someone tell me the fix or the cab?
Thanks
Old 08-05-2010, 06:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

kroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokuman56 View Post
Can someone summarize the highest overclock frequency for the touch pro on battery with all the settings, I can't overclock it on battery, only AC, but can someone tell me the fix or the cab?
Thanks
i think that individual results may vary slightly regardless of which fix you use, this would e due to the quality, age, wear, whatever of each individual processor.
i installed netrippersv2...then setcpuspeed1.0d and set to 729mhz, throttled 604, and polling speed 150. i have been running this setup all week long with no SODs, maybe 2 lock ups, but i can not prove those were attributed to the OC.
i have read a lot of posts of people who cannot go above 710, and several from people who are choosing the highest freq with no problem.
personally, with the setup i am using, i can run at 729 for days on end, but one step up from there and my phone freezes almost immediately.
HTC Touch Pro
Current: HTC Touch Pro 2 - Stock 6.5/2.5

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2