PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2010, 04:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: VZW

aguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Overclock TP2 in WM?

Yeah, use the upgrade instructions in my post above.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=121

You don't have to manually uninstall the old one unless for some reason it doesn't ask you to when you install the new one.

Edit: CAB was just upadated to 1.0d at the link above. It now automatically installs the required DLL, so should be more foolproof and such.

Last edited by aguenter322; 07-31-2010 at 09:46 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

smileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (TP2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguenter322
Yeah, use the upgrade instructions in my post above.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=121

You don't have to manually uninstall the old one unless for some reason it doesn't ask you to when you install the new one.

Edit: CAB was just upadated to 1.0d at the link above. It now automatically installs the required DLL, so should be more foolproof and such.
Thanks for the updated cab! Got it working now lol.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO/Inspire/TP2/Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint/AT&T

4wheelfurry is keeping up the good work4wheelfurry is keeping up the good work

This appears to be running smoothly on my TP2 but I do have a few questions if anyone knows;

When I open the app it usually shows CPU speed at 528mhz but when I check the regestry performance level is set to 730mhz. A soft reset will bring the app back to 730mhz but it is back down after a bit. I don't know what to use to benchmark, what speed would it be running, 528 the app shows or 730 the reg shows?

Also is anyone experiencing memery leaks? I have been watching clostly and it seems that after some time I loose a few mb but again I don't know how to accurately test...
Old 08-01-2010, 09:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

robinsondm is just getting started

Hi aguenter322,

Is your cab supposed to install a shortcut to SetCpuSpeed.exe in \Windows\Startup? Version 1.0d doesn't seem to include that. After I created the shortcut manually on my phone, everything seems to be working okay. Thanks!
Old 08-01-2010, 09:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Anyone experiencing lockups sliding the keyboard out, running @ 768? anyone fixed issue for booting Android, won't boot unless CPU is running at 528... i don't have that option. anyone?
Old 08-01-2010, 11:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

aguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsondm View Post
Hi aguenter322,

Is your cab supposed to install a shortcut to SetCpuSpeed.exe in \Windows\Startup? Version 1.0d doesn't seem to include that. After I created the shortcut manually on my phone, everything seems to be working okay. Thanks!
When I first uploaded 1.0d I had forgotten to add the shortcut to the CAB again, but I fixed it immediately after (file still had 0 views) and I tested the new version. I'll have to check again, thanks.

Edit: Just looked in the CAB and I see the shortcut there. Can anyone confirm that the current 1.0d makes the StartUp shortcut? Thanks.

Last edited by aguenter322; 08-01-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheelfurry View Post
This appears to be running smoothly on my TP2 but I do have a few questions if anyone knows;

When I open the app it usually shows CPU speed at 528mhz but when I check the regestry performance level is set to 730mhz. A soft reset will bring the app back to 730mhz but it is back down after a bit. I don't know what to use to benchmark, what speed would it be running, 528 the app shows or 730 the reg shows?

Also is anyone experiencing memery leaks? I have been watching clostly and it seems that after some time I loose a few mb but again I don't know how to accurately test...
Are you using the OC_Auto script or my cab?

The registry value tells you nothing about the actual processor speed at any given time, only Netripper's app will.

If you're using my cab check your task manager (view processes, not applications) and let me know if SetCpuSpeed.exe is still listed when your CPU no longer runs at the higher speed as reported by Msm7kCpuSpeed. If you're using the script check for MortScript.exe (assuming you don't have more than one persistent MortScript running all the time).

If you suspect that there is a memory leak in SetCpuSpeed.exe you can check for this in the same place. Look at it in the task manager and note the amount of memory it is using when your device boots, then check it later when you notice a decrease in memory and compare the two numbers.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzihome View Post
Anyone experiencing lockups sliding the keyboard out, running @ 768? anyone fixed issue for booting Android, won't boot unless CPU is running at 528... i don't have that option. anyone?
If you're getting lockups at 768 doing anything then you're on the edge of what your CPU can comfortably handle and you really shouldn't be running at that speed. I'd recommend you drop to 748 or 729.

As far as I know booting Android at clock frequency other than stock is not supported yet.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i think i know what 4wheel is talking about. i noticed my tp2 wasnt OC'd anymore once so i went into the taskmanager/processes and SetCpuSpeed was no longer there... i clicked on the exe in file explorer and everything was fine after that...

i havent noticed any memory leak, mine always says 52k and never more than 1% of memory...
Old 08-01-2010, 12:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Good to know, that's what I assumed was happening to him.

Device goes into suspend, SetCpuSpeed catches it and throttles CPU, and then at some point before the device resumes and SetCpuSpeed bumps the clock speed back up the process crashes. If that happens, running SetCpuSpeed.exe from \Storage Card\Program Files\SetCpuSpeed is fine.

I really hope Netripper releases v3 soon or Oruam comes back with a new build of SetCpuSpeed...I really don't want to debug it myself.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2