PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 04:23 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip
Re: Offical Bugs List with Sprint Touch Pro 2 - WinMob. 6.5 Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJr106 View Post
Tried to change it to 25... at 11% of the update progress I got an error that says the image file is corrupted. Looks like I may be bricked.
you aren't brick chances are you just messed up you're NBH file, try re-extracting the exe all over again but delete the old extracted folder first so a new is made then put you're phone into bootloader mode and flash away.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:29 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Sorry, I thought running sluggish was a bug. I apologize if my ignorance corrupted the thread.
No problem - we're all here to help each other.

Quote:
Last question for Pagepool... is there a reason why 20 or 24 and not 25? Or is it just a preferred number people have ??
It can be any number - Calk's kitchen default is 6. 20 is considered a bit of an average number, and 24 a bit on the high side. Manufacturers use 20 a lot of the time to make the device feel fast. I'm a bit surprised that Sprint went as low as 15 - but Manila is a huge RAM eater, so that's their tradeoff.

Since you sound like you're in a mood to experiment, do try 0. A dynamic pool will initially take a lot of RAM, but in theory will shrink the pool if lots of apps are running. That's an area I'm going to play with myself.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

MBC1965 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to MBC1965

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBoyPhillip View Post
I personally don't know what is wrong for you guys... I mean I would make a vid of how smooth my Sprint ROM is... no lag what so ever and i can perfectly send messages, did you install any cabs, any specific that disable the messenger or such? mods?
Straight install... no mods or cabs.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:32 PM
A Geek For Eons

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
Sprint should reimburse PPCGeeks for having to clean up all the extra Sprint threads going up. People are everywere with comments. Wonder if anyone actually asks Sprint or HTC a question?
LMAO - the thought of asking Sprint or HTC - now, that's funny!

Last edited by willysp; 03-19-2010 at 04:37 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:33 PM
@Febby or @iFebby

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBC1965 View Post
Straight install... no mods or cabs.
I really don't know what to say bro, I have my phone with this ROM working pretty slick, no issues here maybe you just aren't used to 2.5 speed.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:36 PM
A Geek For Eons

Quote:
Tried to change it to 25... at 11% of the update progress I got an error that says the image file is corrupted. Looks like I may be bricked.
The pagepool changer I gave you is the one from Calk's kitchen and works with all the 6.5 custom ROMs. I opened the Sprint ROM with it and it found the pagepool offset, but I didn't try to actually flash it.

But, it's about impossible to brick this phone. Manually go into bootloader and do the standard Sprint flash. Then try again.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

MBC1965 is a n00b

Quote:
I really don't know what to say bro, I have my phone with this ROM working pretty slick, no issues here maybe you just aren't used to 2.5 speed.
Thanks for the info... I don't think it's that. When I hit back after sending a text it takes about 15-20 seconds to back out. Maybe 6.5 revealed a hardware problem I didn't know I had... taking it in to flex my insurance muscles
Old 03-19-2010, 04:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G

BillJr106 is keeping up the good workBillJr106 is keeping up the good work

Is Pagepool_changer verified to work with Stock Sprint WM6.5 update? I tried changing it to 25 twice. And both times I get to 11% it hangs, gets to 13% then said image is corrupt. Luckily I can flash to Stock update, but I would really like to make this change!!
Old 03-19-2010, 04:44 PM
@Febby or @iFebby

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBC1965 View Post
Thanks for the info... I don't think it's that. When I hit back after sending a text it takes about 15-20 seconds to back out. Maybe 6.5 revealed a hardware problem I didn't know I had... taking it in to flex my insurance muscles
It can be that or a bad flash, I'm currently trying to reproduce you're issue with the 15-20 second issue but I can't seem to reproduce it sending text messages to friends and backing out, goes smoothly back. hm.. which i could help better
Old 03-19-2010, 04:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

MBC1965 is a n00b

Quote:
It can be that or a bad flash, I'm currently trying to reproduce you're issue with the 15-20 second issue but I can't seem to reproduce it sending text messages to friends and backing out, goes smoothly back. hm.. which i could help better
Actually, sending for the first time isn't the problem... it's when someone sends you a text and you reply using the Sense text interface. When you send a new text it actually uses the HTC text interface... if I'm not mistaken.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2