PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2010, 01:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheLovatScout is keeping up the good workTheLovatScout is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to TheLovatScout
Question My...GOD! Phone is CONSTANTLY turning itself off at random, any help!?

My phone has been turning off at complete randomness and I have NO IDEA WHY! It's EXTREMELY frustrating! At first i thought I fixed it by going to Display settings and turning off the "Turn Device off if not used..." and it still turned off. And for the first time it shut off on my while I was ordering pizza over the phone! Any help is verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2010, 01:08 AM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: My...GOD! Phone is CONSTANTLY turning itself off at random, any help!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLovatScout View Post
My phone has been turning off at complete randomness and I have NO IDEA WHY! It's EXTREMELY frustrating! At first i thought I fixed it by going to Display settings and turning off the "Turn Device off if not used..." and it still turned off. And for the first time it shut off on my while I was ordering pizza over the phone! Any help is verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you unlock your phone recently?
Old 02-23-2010, 01:23 AM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

try this one...flash dance

flash back to stock...and flash your ROM of choice.
don't ask me how...(think there's a tead somewhere here or xda that explains the nuts and bolts...) but flash back to ROM fixes quite a bit...

if you have done this already...I'd suggest a hard reset and check what else you've installed on top of the custom set up...

Also, flash back to the last stable ROM that ran your device...and start again from there...

Old 02-23-2010, 01:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

TheLovatScout is keeping up the good workTheLovatScout is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzz View Post
Did you unlock your phone recently?
I've had my phone unlocked since it came out and have been flashing ROMs constantly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunebuggydude11 View Post
That has been a constant issue with WinMo phones for quite a long time. I've had it since my 6800 and it has to do with searching for a signal that causes the screen to turn on. As of now, there is no "fix" for it. So find a lock program that will prevent you from pressing any buttons accidentally if needed.

You can try changing radios to see if that helps, but it won't completely stop the random turning on.
[COLOR="rgb(75, 0, 130)"]I'm not having trouble with it turning on. I'm having trouble with it shutting itself off.[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
try this one...flash dance

flash back to stock...and flash your ROM of choice.
don't ask me how...(think there's a tead somewhere here or xda that explains the nuts and bolts...) but flash back to ROM fixes quite a bit...

if you have done this already...I'd suggest a hard reset and check what else you've installed on top of the custom set up...

Also, flash back to the last stable ROM that ran your device...and start again from there...
[COLOR="rgb(75, 0, 130)"]I haven't so much as to flash back to stock. But I have flashed back to the last stable ROm since, and it still does the same thing. It just shuts itself off. I've noticed it does it whenever I slide it open to text, and as soon as I'm done sending, I slide it back to portrait and it shuts off. But just recently, it shut off right in the middle of a phone call.[/COLOR]
Old 02-23-2010, 01:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

dunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLovatScout View Post
I've had my phone unlocked since it came out and have been flashing ROMs constantly.

[COLOR="rgb(75, 0, 130)"]I'm not having trouble with it turning on. I'm having trouble with it shutting itself off.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="rgb(75, 0, 130)"]I haven't so much as to flash back to stock. But I have flashed back to the last stable ROm since, and it still does the same thing. It just shuts itself off. I've noticed it does it whenever I slide it open to text, and as soon as I'm done sending, I slide it back to portrait and it shuts off. But just recently, it shut off right in the middle of a phone call.[/COLOR]
according to what you are saying, i would recommend flashing all the way back to stock as that will hopefully reset everything and remove any problems on your phone. (I misread your original post at first)
Old 02-23-2010, 02:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

bastian74 is becoming a great contributor

Funny. Mine turns itself ON.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

rn4emp is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to rn4emp

I had that problem. I found out that srs wow hd. was causing it. I removed that and it solved the problem. I hate doing that cause I like the way it makes my phone louder for music and overall performance. but it isn't stable on the tp2. I hope this helps if you installed that app
Old 02-23-2010, 07:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn4emp View Post
I had that problem. I found out that srs wow hd. was causing it. I removed that and it solved the problem. I hate doing that cause I like the way it makes my phone louder for music and overall performance. but it isn't stable on the tp2. I hope this helps if you installed that app
Nope, Never installed that app. I'm going to have to flash back to the original stock Sprint ROM and then clear wipe out the storage. Sigh... Pretty sure it doesn't wipe out my storage card, right? Hopefully. Thanks for the help! I just rreeaallllyy hope its not the phone itself.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

mine will do the same thing .. at various times & in different apps .. lol & mine loves to turn itself on when it wants as well .. bawlz stock ... its not frequent enough to annoy me . . . yet

Last edited by dumpringz; 02-23-2010 at 10:03 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:25 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

Watch that! A friend of mines phone was doing that.. they got a bill for 2400 in calls to mexico. Their phone was hijacked! Had to change phones & their number and luckily didnt have to pay the bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastian74 View Post
Funny. Mine turns itself ON.

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2