PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2010, 07:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My...GOD! Phone is CONSTANTLY turning itself off at random, any help!?

I have the problem of mine shutting off and sometimes rebooting when I close the sliding keyboard too hard.

(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Sept 20| 21916| Sense 2.5|Cookie 2.0-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
EDC: htc TP2, Rohrbaugh R9 Stealth, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible NASB, Leatherman Squirt
Old 03-01-2010, 12:40 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

saiyen2012 is a n00b

anyone find out any fixes for this problem yet. I feel like tossing the phone into the wall. Its starting to happen too much.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

zratedls1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat boy View Post
I have the problem of mine shutting off and sometimes rebooting when I close the sliding keyboard too hard.
I have this exact problem. It doesn't happen all of the time, it kind of depends on how quick I close the phone. After noticing that closing the keyboard was causing this I have been more gentle doing so and haven't had it happen much. I also flashed back to completely stock and it was still occurring. Any information on this would be great.

EDIT: When this happens the phone turns off and it is not until I press the power button that it turns back on.

Last edited by zratedls1; 05-19-2010 at 09:02 AM.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: HTC

EnriqueV is a n00b

I have same problem,
Old 06-07-2010, 09:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it sounds like a loose connection if it's happening when you slide the keyboard shut or place it down somewhere, the vibrations are probably causing the connection to "lose" the connection and shut down. Just a guess on my part, but based on a few different people saying it happens when the keyboard is closed or placed down, sounds to me like hardware and not a cab or rom. Good luck and let us know what the store says.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc

lionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Just a note

I use Li-po batteries in my RC Helis, both 2 and 3 cells, our phones use a single cell Li-po battery, ( Lithium polymer ), the batteries are known for dropping off fast after a given voltage.

Swap out your battery with a known good one, I think its battery, or regulator related.

By the way check out some videos on youtube under lipo fire, or lipo explosion !
Old 06-07-2010, 09:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionedas View Post
Just a note

I use Li-po batteries in my RC Helis, both 2 and 3 cells, our phones use a single cell Li-po battery, ( Lithium polymer ), the batteries are known for dropping off fast after a given voltage.

Swap out your battery with a known good one, I think its battery, or regulator related.

By the way check out some videos on youtube under lipo fire, or lipo explosion !
Would that make sense though if you can turn the phone back on and continue using it, i.e. the battery still has a decent charge?
Old 06-07-2010, 10:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc

lionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yes they do that to me all the time in my RC.

They are very touchy batteries, try putting the battery in the freezer for 10 minutes, and charge it while its cold.

See if it helps the length of the shutdown period

These batteries degrade very fast, they don't like heat, and will produce explosive gasses if they get to hot, at that point they are pretty much junk, if the battery is at all swollen toss it, it should be very flat.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2