PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2010, 03:33 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: warranty for bad battery life

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtnsnw1 View Post
OK guys look, I have had this phone from the 3rd day it was released. I used to get 24-48 hours on acharge no problem. The battery has been replaced once a month ago. I have no push internet cab installed bluetooth off wifi off direct push off and still get 6-8 hours on a charge!! This has been going on from the first day I installed 6.5

Tell me why we should tollerate this from VZW
If the new phone comes with 6,1 it is going to stay

Chris
it sounds like the problem is your 6.5 ROM when you updated and not the phone (based on what you said). so it's not an issue with the phone or the batter. why not just re-install 6.1? you should ask if the phone they're sending you comes with 6.1 or 6.5. because it may come with 6.5 since vzw already released it.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 02-04-2010, 04:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium W (Sprint Touch Pro 2 CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
This has been going on from the first day I installed 6.5
OK, now I understand. You're not saying it's a phone (hardware) problem. You're saying it's a ROM (firmware) problem. It might have helped if you'd said earlier that your battery life dropped precipitously when you flashed to the new ROM.

If they replace the phone, I can practically guarantee it'll arrive with the current (i.e., WM 6.5) ROM.

The appropriate solution here might be to flash back to the Verizon 6.1 ROM that was working for you before.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

drtnsnw1 is a n00b

well the new phone arrived with win 6.1 . Got it activated and while doing a test call to my house it turned off. Started it back up and tried another call. Message I got was verizon cannot authenticate at this time. set the phone down on the kitchen table to get my house phone to call tech support and it was shut off again. Ended up sending it back as a dead phone and have another one coming on Monday.

Sorry I thought I had mentioned it was upgraded to 6.5. I don't think going back to 6.1 should be an option, I was told this phone was upgradable to the new opperating system so I should not need to settle for an older OS! 6.5 is much better than 6.1 except this bug that is the battery life.

BTW, what happens when it gets warmer andI need to use the bluetooth for my bike?? Do I have to run the phone plugged in all the time??

Chris
Old 02-05-2010, 12:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I was thinking just now "Where do these people get these battery figures from? two days with a smartphone?? Seriously??" But I think I have a different idea of usage than most people. When I think moderate to heavy usage, I think 2-4 hours of phone calls, 2+ hours of data usage, and about 1 or more hours of games and other app usage... I guess, with that kind of usage, I'll never get more than a day out of my battery lol.

OP, remember that your phone usage matter a lot (I'm sure you already know this), but anyway, I agree with you. Even with my ridiculously heavy usage, I can still manage to get about 12-14 hours out of my battery.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

You do know that phones don't come with charged batteries correct? They come with maybe a 20% charge, possibly less, possibly more. Did you think to try and charge the phone at all before sending it back? And there is a battery issue with the new 6.5 update, but it's only related to Bluetooth sitting idle/unpaired as far as I know. You also still haven't said how much you use your phone either as that could be another factor in why you're getting bad/worse battery life.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

drtnsnw1 is a n00b

I pulled the battery straight out of my old phone with 80% charge. VZW doesn't send anything except a bare frame with there phones so the old batt. and back cover come off.

My usage by most is probably very low. I make VERY few calls on it maybe 2-3 a day and on a bad (good) day maybe 20-30 texts. Use the internet for web pages that the company forbids (ebay, youtube and a couple of BBS that are not allowed).

I also want to say again, I turned the bluetooth off completly while trying to diagnose all these issue. If I could get 24 hours out of it again, I would be happy!! I work 12 hour shifts and if I can't even get through a shift it is not worth it to me

Chris
Old 02-05-2010, 04:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Do you have poor reception anywhere? My battery drains extremely fast when I'm browsing the web with poor reception. I was using data heavily a few days ago and my battery went from 70% to almost 0% in about an hour and a half. I was also in a poor coverage area so it was using data much longer to get what I wanted.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:20 AM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

you have to consider that surfing the web & viewing streaming content like youtube does take a toll on your battery. for the past 2 hours been in & out of this forum using my phone and in that time frame, my batt went from 80% to 5% now.

also, if its a problem with the 6.5 ROM, you'll have to wait til htc or your carrier fixes it. try googling to see if other vzw who upgraded are having battery drain problems aside from the BT issue.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

drtnsnw1 is a n00b

there are TONS of VZW people having this issue!! It is one of the main topics on a different forum. Iff my surfing habbits changed at all I would understand that being the problem, but it happened as soon as I upgraded the rom.

Chris
Old 02-05-2010, 11:52 AM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad

Quote:
there are TONS of VZW people having this issue!! It is one of the main topics on a different forum. Iff my surfing habbits changed at all I would understand that being the problem, but it happened as soon as I upgraded the rom.

Chris
there you go. i know this is not what you want to hear...but you're SOL my friend. it's a problem with the 6.5 and not hardware. plus you have to keep in mind that when new things are rolled out, the very first roll out is pretty much a "beta" version for the public to test and report on forums the bugs. im pretty sure that vzw/htc knows the problem by now and is probably working on a fix/patch to get you guys set correctly (unless one of the chefs here or at xda beats them to it). but like nrfitchett4 warned, you keep going back to their store saying it's a hardware problem and they may show you the door after a while.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2