PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2010, 03:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

drtnsnw1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
warranty for bad battery life

I went to VZW store today to have my battery checked. Yesterday I got a whopping 6 hours from it and was upset!! Told the KID at store about it and he said oh well, just how they are. I told him I wanted a replacement phone because 6 hours was unacceptable! He finally conceeded and ordered up a replacement.
I am going to keep replaceing this thing till they get a fix for it. I urge others to do the same!!
BTW, stock 6.5 rom with just a few cabs
Chris
Old 02-04-2010, 03:14 AM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: warranty for bad battery life

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtnsnw1 View Post
I went to VZW store today to have my battery checked. Yesterday I got a whopping 6 hours from it and was upset!! Told the KID at store about it and he said oh well, just how they are. I told him I wanted a replacement phone because 6 hours was unacceptable! He finally conceeded and ordered up a replacement.
I am going to keep replaceing this thing till they get a fix for it. I urge others to do the same!!
BTW, stock 6.5 rom with just a few cabs
Chris
No. If they can't get the Prius to run a few miles on a charge...why would you think they can do what you ask with your dinky phone?
Old 02-04-2010, 03:23 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

that is ridiculous. keep doing that, when verizon shows you the door, you'll know why.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:24 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

by the way, make sure you have push internet and mail disabled. helps alot if your phone isn't running its butt off the whole time.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

It's a smartphone, You can't expect the battery to last for weeks. It is also highly dependent upon signal strength, power settings, and use. The 6 hours is somewhat unreasonable, was this a one time thing or are you consistently getting 6 hours from 100% (green light when charging) to 0-5% battery? If it was consistent, either you're doing something wrong or your battery is bad. If it was a one time thing, you just need to realize that smartphones are lucky to last a full 2 days, let alone the week or two you can get out of a regular cell phone. You can replace your phone all you want, but you'll never get more than 3-4 days out of a TP2 unless you turn it off when you aren't using it (and completely turn it off, not just standby). I barely used my phone at first and that's the most I was ever able to get.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium W (Sprint Touch Pro 2 CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I fail to see how a replacement phone is going to make the slightest difference. It's conceivable that you might have needed a new battery, but not a new phone.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:12 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i agree with imnuts and mstevens. your battery not holding charge may have just been a bad battery. but based on what you said, you also have to think about how much use time your phone gets from you. because i know when i just got my tp2, by barely using it the first week or so, i was lucky to have a battery life of 24 hours. like i said, that was with very minimal use. but of course, over time, i've installed a few cabs and apps here and there. and my phone is also now getting a whole lot of play time from me. so when my phone has full charge in the morning, after lunch, i'll be down to 30%-20% battery charge.

before saying it's a phone defect, you have to make sure you tweak the settings so battery consumption is as minimal as you can get it.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!

Last edited by Mojary; 02-04-2010 at 02:30 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

iknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to iknight8

well i think u shud check to make sure ur brightness isnt set to high and ur internet isnt running all the time! that shud hellp u wit saving battery life...

HTC TouchPro2 > HTC Evo > Samsung Fascinate > HTC ThunderBolt
Old 02-04-2010, 02:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

HOW TO WORKAROUND THE BATTERY ISSUE!!!

I've done some testing on various Verizon based 6.5 ROMs and found a battery drain issue. It is related to bluetooth starting up. After a soft reset, turning on Bluetooth will cause unusually high battery drain until you do one of two things:

Either stop and restart Bluetooth from the communications setting screen, or pair Bluetooth with a device. Once you have done this you can leave Bluetooth on without excess battery drain (even it you don't keep the phone paired). When you soft reset the device you will have to do one of these things again.
This is a firmware based problem, until Verizon or HTC come up with a hotfix or firmware upgrade it won't change

If you follow these instructions you should get 24 hours with moderate use.

Last edited by kirstein; 02-04-2010 at 02:25 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Threadstarter

drtnsnw1 is a n00b

OK guys look, I have had this phone from the 3rd day it was released. I used to get 24-48 hours on acharge no problem. The battery has been replaced once a month ago. I have no push internet cab installed bluetooth off wifi off direct push off and still get 6-8 hours on a charge!! This has been going on from the first day I installed 6.5

Tell me why we should tollerate this from VZW
If the new phone comes with 6,1 it is going to stay

Chris

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2