PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 02:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is Windows Mobile Vanishing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post
Yeah, its vanishing cause people want NEW & SHINY as opposed to functional & versatile.
That's the big change. Businesses care about functionality and productivity and consumers care about flashy animations and facebook integration.

7 is a great contender for that consumer market and not the business market. They are telling us businesses to hold out as MS will fill our void later, but I think them not announcing solid plans for business on launch is a very bad move. They have sent a death shot through a large number of businesses, including mine. I am sure many organizations are going to start drawing up plans for converting over to RIM BlackBerry handsets, as I am.

7 has a lot of potential in the consumer space, but it was insane for them to put all of their apples in that one basket. If Apple drops iPhone exclusivity then Microsoft will have one hell of a time pawning those things off on people. Just like how hard it is to pawn a Zune HD off on people over an iPod. Great device, but Apple has the status that Microsoft will never have.

They should have at least made moves to keep us current customers buying...

A "consumer" and "enterprise" OS is what they need. Just like how Windows has a consumer and business edition.
Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:32 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

INTERESTING

Looks like they dumbed it down even more than just for the apple cravers out there.

Last edited by Q_Q; 02-16-2010 at 03:39 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None
Threadstarter

quickstang is keeping up the good workquickstang is keeping up the good work

So back to this topic I started a few months back, I am seeing more signs of WM just getting hosed.

Fennec/Firefox Mobile... "Mozilla puts hold on Firefox development for WM"

Flash 10.1 will be available for WebOS, Android, and Blackberry. (They now say per device, but where is the WM stuff?)

No more Windows Mobile for Sony Ericsson... "The time has finally arrived as Windows Mobile's adventure with Sony Ericsson has come to a complete halt – there unfortunately won't be any additional development on the aging mobile platform."I hate to say this myself, but if I like the HTC EVO, my WM days are over. I already like the Android platform after using a DROID off and on to test. In fact, after that, I can't see going back to WM and that isn't even the new EVO yet. I just think Microsoft is kicking themselves in the head. Even with the Windows 7, I still see Android, and iPhone destroying it. And I am not a loyal person to any of those, i'm just stating what I see.

In fact recently i've been going... Man, I really don't like my TP2 much anymore. I wish I did and I wish the next TP3 had a killer WM OS, but I don't see that happening. I see all of the other OS markets growing way beyond WM and have a feeling even when the Windows 7 stuff emerges, it will already be too late.

Maybe many of you will be loyal and stay with Windows on your phones, but for me the time has come to switch platforms. Who knows, maybe Windows 7 phone stuff will just amazes us. But with a phone like the EVO, I don't see how they can stay in the game. You don't see that thing running anything Windows.

Last edited by quickstang; 04-19-2010 at 11:59 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:26 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

everyone just needs to realize this one simple thing: Windows Mobile will never be #1, probably not even #2... Android is pretty much spreading like rapid fire and will only get stronger since it still a baby in the phone game.. iPhone, love it or hate it, its not going anywhere.. Microsoft will be lucky to stay in the 3rd slot.. if HTC really comes out with their own UI as rumored, watch HTC take out Microsoft too...

Microsoft has let it slip away at every turn.. theyve never responded properly to iPhone and Android is going to be literally everywhere be the time Windows 7 Phone gets pushed back again and again as usual... theyll never be on top again.. it obvious..

so i dont know what everyone really expects to see... Microsoft is kind of a Fail company.. did they do great things at one point, sure.. but aside from leading the launch of computers and getting us out of DOS and things like that.. not alot of their stuff is all that to brag about... Zune falls so short of competing with iPod its ridculous... XBOX360 has something like a 70% fail rate.. weve all had the Ring Of Death and everyone we know has too.. Yes, i know they still bank and maybe even lead the way gaming wise despite XBOXs fail rate..

im just saying Microsoft just isnt that company everyone soooooo wants it to be.. this isnt 1995 anymore.. and Microsoft isnt just competing against Palm(which is about to be sold anyways) anymore for a Phone that a Buisness man or anyone for that matter would want... Microsoft has a Permanant seat behind iPhone and Android.. we just all need to get used to it
Old 04-20-2010, 05:11 AM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

look I totally agree with the last post, the thing is Windows is effin up, they take out multitaskin for wut??? even iPhone threw it in on the OS 4, they make shatty decisions, if they sent someone to just look at forums and base new features off of wut we want... I had sooo much faith! but I'm leavin WM.. I'm sorry
Old 04-20-2010, 07:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

So I was reading through this thread and trying to figure out what WM is? Is this something new or old? Some say it has been around a long time, some say it is coming out.

Then I went to Best Buy and asked the salesperson what that means. He looked really confused. He asked if I was the caveman from the Geico commercial......Huh?
Old 04-20-2010, 08:47 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

xjack is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
So I was reading through this thread and trying to figure out what WM is? Is this something new or old? Some say it has been around a long time, some say it is coming out.

Then I went to Best Buy and asked the salesperson what that means. He looked really confused. He asked if I was the caveman from the Geico commercial......Huh?
WM = Windows Mobile - ie: every iteration of Microsoft's mobile platform before Windows Phone 7.

edit: WM/WinMo is based on Windows CE, and it was called PocketPC prior to the 2003 version.

Last edited by xjack; 04-20-2010 at 08:51 AM. Reason: clarification of PocketPC name
Old 04-20-2010, 08:54 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjack View Post
WM = Windows Mobile - ie: every iteration of Microsoft's mobile platform before Windows Phone 7.

edit: WM/WinMo is based on Windows CE, and it was called PocketPC prior to the 2003 version.
lol. he was just f-ing around man. look at the reputation. hes v.i.p.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2