View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 02:35 PM
frazell
Regular 'Geeker

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is Windows Mobile Vanishing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post
Yeah, its vanishing cause people want NEW & SHINY as opposed to functional & versatile.
That's the big change. Businesses care about functionality and productivity and consumers care about flashy animations and facebook integration.

7 is a great contender for that consumer market and not the business market. They are telling us businesses to hold out as MS will fill our void later, but I think them not announcing solid plans for business on launch is a very bad move. They have sent a death shot through a large number of businesses, including mine. I am sure many organizations are going to start drawing up plans for converting over to RIM BlackBerry handsets, as I am.

7 has a lot of potential in the consumer space, but it was insane for them to put all of their apples in that one basket. If Apple drops iPhone exclusivity then Microsoft will have one hell of a time pawning those things off on people. Just like how hard it is to pawn a Zune HD off on people over an iPod. Great device, but Apple has the status that Microsoft will never have.

They should have at least made moves to keep us current customers buying...

A "consumer" and "enterprise" OS is what they need. Just like how Windows has a consumer and business edition.
Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail
This post has been thanked 1 times.